Who should replace Muzzin in the lineup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Keefe mentioned he might go with 7D. I'd rather that than just Marincin.. who has the 2nd amount of giveaways per 60 in the league.

Reactions: Havoc

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Liljegren would be even less likely than Sandin. Might as well get used to it, it'll be Maroachcin.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Sandin all the way if Muzzin is out for an extended period of time. Got a kick out of the jackets board claiming they are the better team. Best they can do is fluke goals. We have way more talent. Smother them with puck control and good passing. Make the most out of our powerplay and watch the Columbust Crap Jackets lose. Go Leafs Go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Keefe mentioned he might go with 7D. I'd rather that than just Marincin.. who has the 2nd amount of giveaways per 60 in the league.
Nice, let Sandin take the regular shifts and Marincin the PK

Throw in a top 2 centre every other 4th line shift...

Clifford. Matthews/Tavares. Spezza

Reactions: Ratboy

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
It'll be Marincin. Who hes paired with will be key. I think it'll be Barrie, someone who can help him move the puck out.

If you pair him with Holl its basically a AHL caliber pairing and they both would need to play much less. Leaving 4 of our smallest dmen to get forechecked all game.

Sandin just can't be trusted on PK yet, which sucks but it is what it is. Gotta play threw it and win game 3.

If we play with balls, confidence, speed and patience like last game, we should take it.

Reactions: Duffman955

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Sandin all the way if Muzzin is out for an extended period of time. Got a kick out of the jackets board claiming they are the better team. Best they can do is fluke goals. We have way more talent. Smother them with puck control and good passing. Make the most out of our powerplay and watch the Columbust Crap Jackets lose. Go Leafs Go.
well hopefully we knock them out, and prove we are the better squad....

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
wonder if someone is going to vote for Lily, 0 votes so far.....
If it were a RD out, it would be a different story, but I doubt he's going to play his off-side, and none of Ceci, Barrie, or Holl is going to get scratched.

Reactions: rubous

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
I find the narrative coming out of Columbus after Game 2 to be pretty interesting. Most of the rhetoric centres around them having played an awful game, and the notion that it was their own poor play that caused that result.

Hate to break it to them, but if and when the Leafs show up, there’s nothing a team like Columbus will be able to do. If our offence is clicking, and we’re dictating play, it won’t matter if the Jackets bring their A game or their F game; we’ll dominate possession and run them out of the building.

As usual, we’re our own worst enemy. It’s entirely up to us whether we win this series or not. Play like we did in Game 2 and they’ll be done in 4; play like we did in Game 1 and we might lose in 4. We need to play our game, and our game is all offence, all the time.
I like this post. For sure, Columbus didn't execute their game to a tee...but give credit where it is due, Toronto played a very, very good game that was specifically designed to poke holes in their system, and giving our players the chance to display the disparity in talent between the clubs.

Reactions: kk87

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Dermott has looked really good so far, and I don't think we will notice a massive difference in our top 4 defense. Unfortunately, I think the difference between Dermott and Marincin will be ugly and the bottom half of our lineup will really struggle to accomplish anything. Sandin would probably be a bigger help

Dermott was better in game 2 but awful in game 1

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Looks like Marincin is in. I voted for Sandin. Not sure if this quote from Keefe excludes dressing 7D with Sandin in as well.

'"Marincin is going to go in for sure and take on some of that responsibility that Muzzin had for us and we'll make a further decision from there," Toronto coach Sheldon Keefe said Wednesday.'

Marincin to replace Muzzin for Maple Leafs in Game 3 of Cup Qualifiers
Yeah apparently Keefe is considering 7 D. Sandin will be the other defenceman who comes in. No chance it's Lilly.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I'll take Marincin because Sandin Barrie scares the hell out of me. Marincin is pretty good at breaking up plays and I think his edge defensively is needed more then another puck moving defensemen. Also I don't like the idea of killing Rielly on the PK.

Fair enough and valid points... I'm just not a big fan of Marty so I can admit being a bit bias.

In this situation I get why you would take the vet over a young d man. Ive just seen enough from him.

For the PK it makes sense... I just hope Leafs aren't going to be on it much.... that's doubtful though.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Why not go rielly-holl? My memory is failing me I can't remember if we ever tried it before.

Holl is good when he's being a stay at home guy. Trash otherwise.

With rielly he can go back to simplifying his game .

I personally think it would make a good pairing assuming Holl delegates to Rielly to move the puck.

Allows us to keep dermott-barrie . They were very good last game.

Sandin can move the puck for ceci.

No marincin everyone wins.i guess 7d for pk.
I'd rather sandin get stripped on the boards at times versus marincins turnovers , icings and inability to tie up sticks in front of the net.

This guy ran goalie interference on our own goalie last time we faced jackets.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I really hope we score first and in the first. That will go a long way to ease the pressure.
Whoever scores first will win imo, that's usually a big indicator of the winner but even more-so here with such a sharp contrast in styles. If Toronto scores first we force CBJ to open their game up more and take chances that can create opportunities for us (e.g. Tavares' goal yesterday). If CBJ scores they're content with parking the bus and running out the clock since they don't need anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad