Who should replace Muzzin in the lineup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I've not caught either of the first two cos of work. Should be good for tomorrow, however.

How has Robertson looked?

Has Mikheyev gotten back into the swing of things smoothly?

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Marincin/Barrie numbers this year:
TOI: 106 minutes
CF%: 50.89
xGF%: 52.25

Decent bottom pairing numbers but I would shelter these guys as best as possible.

Dermott/Holl this year:
TOI: 298 minutes
CF%: 48.57
xGF%: 52.28

The fact they played together often early in the year is a plus and with both players really finding their grooves as the season went on, shod be a decent filler pairing until we get (hopefully) Muzzin back for the next round.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I've not caught either of the first two cos of work. Should be good for tomorrow, however.

Both have looked really good.

Reactions: GBLeaf

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Dermott has looked really good so far, and I don't think we will notice a massive difference in our top 4 defense. Unfortunately, I think the difference between Dermott and Marincin will be ugly and the bottom half of our lineup will really struggle to accomplish anything. Sandin would probably be a bigger help

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If Leafs continue to play like they did in game #2, it won't matter who replaces Muzz. As much as I do not like Marty, he is the safest choice. The pair of Sandin/Barrie was bad the last time Muzz was out.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Like it or not, it's gonna be Marincin.

He's not good, but he's passable. He's on par with some other 6th or 7th defencemen that other teams are throwing on the ice during this qualifier.

Matt Benning, Dean Kukan, Brad Hunt, Mike Matheson. Are any of them really better than Marincin? As an injury replacement who should see 10 minutes, half of them on the PK, he's just fine.

Throwing in Sandin could be a disaster for the team and for his development. I don't want that.

Reactions: kb and Heritage

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Marincin is the right answer for now. He's much better than he was when he first got here. Not saying much but if good Marincin shows up, he'll be completely unnoticeable on the bottom pairing - which is a good thing.

Clifford is even more important now with Muzzin out. He's the only true bully deterrent now.

Reactions: qqaz

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Marincin has playoff experience and Columbus is a big team that likes to wear down opposing d-men (just not yesterday). Sandin is the future, but Marincin is who you want in there right now ... "Want" as in, compared to the Leafs' current other options.

Edit: And more so with Columbus having the last change.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I expect Columbus to come out flying .. Hopefully the Leafs can match the intensity and stay sharp with the puck. If the Leafs can use their speed and skill again to maintain possession, they'll be in good shape.

Be nice to get a couple of goals early and put pressure on Columbus to score.

Reactions: willmma

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I'd dress both Marincin and Sandin but if just choosing one, definitely Marincin.

Sandin did not look like a NHL player this season. I'm still high on his future, but he was bad. Marincin can often look like a normal bottom pair guy, which is all we need for the next few games.

Reactions: kb and qqaz

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It depends how Columbus adjusts, if they go back to the heavy forecheck obviously Marincin is the guy. If they get even safer and stingier defensively, Sandin is one of our best D at getting dangerous pucks through traffic for greasy goals.

SnizzMitch

Leafs Fan Till I Die
Jan 30, 2016
Eastern, Ontario
Call me a pessimistic, but there’s absolutely no way we win this series with that defense. Our forwards will have to light up korpisalo for the 3 remaining games.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Factor in that the Leafs play both tomorrow and Friday .. Leaning on your top 3 lines heavily tomorrow could see some tired legs Friday. They haven't exactly been conditioning a lot in the last few months.

I've give Marincin a short leash and if he bombs out, put Sandin in Friday.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Call me a pessimistic, but there’s absolutely no way we win this series with that defense. Our forwards will have to light up korpisalo for the 3 remaining games.
The good part is CBJ isn't that good offensively either, they've only managed 1 goal in 2 games against us. With Freddy in the zone we should be fine for a couple of games

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick

Robertson is a little water bug, doesn't look completely out of place, but shouldn't be near the top 2 lines yet...he's working hard so nothing but respect for the kid...he's gonna be a gamer when he gets a little older...kid's got a shot and a half on him too

Micheyev looks phenomenal...like he never lost a step honestly, he was a steal when we got him and he's a steal now...the amount of skill that guy has throws me off every time I watch him

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I voted Sandin, but it will be Marincin. He has the trust of Keefe based on his level of play with the Marlies.

The last time he was forced into the lineup in the playoffs due to injuries, it did not end well. Let's hope and pray that this time around it will be a happy ending.

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
If we were playing more of an offensive skilled team with a superstar forward threat that will dangle Marincin I would be really worried. I think this opponent actually suits marincin more as much as I hate to say it and I did vote Sandin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad