Pre-Game Talk: Game 3: Leafs vs Jackets | August 6th 8pm

Who should replace Muzzin in the lineup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
"Road" game! A big back-to-back coming up here. Would be great to win this game and put CBJ on the brink of elimination. Would allow for some leeway for Game 4, though it'd be great to then wrap things up there.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubous

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Why not go rielly-holl? My memory is failing me I can't remember if we ever tried it before.

Holl is good when he's being a stay at home guy. Trash otherwise.

With rielly he can go back to simplifying his game .

I personally think it would make a good pairing assuming Holl delegates to Rielly to move the puck.

Allows us to keep dermott-barrie . They were very good last game.

Sandin can move the puck for ceci.

No marincin everyone wins.i guess 7d for pk.
I'd rather sandin get stripped on the boards at times versus marincins turnovers , icings and inability to tie up sticks in front of the net.

This guy ran goalie interference on our own goalie last time we faced jackets.

I like the balance of the pairings you've suggested. I suppose lack of a matchup/shutdown pairing might be the roadblock there though (Rielly-Holl would be the closest to achieving that).

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
The coach has to know based on his feel for who is right. I voted for Sandin, but it's really just my take from a distance, it's tough to consider development when you're in a 3 game series so ultimately whatever choice is made is going to be considering information I can't.

I thought Sandin played a solid, confident game his first stint up, though Maricin is more battle tested and probably brings a more stabilizing influence. His cut his teeth in the WHL, so he's used to physical hockey.

Whoever he chooses, keep it simple. You might not be able to bring the same physical dimension that Muzzin brings, but you have to bring in his compete. This series isn't going to be a barn burner, we need defensemen to defend.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
So it’s looking like we’ll see both Sandin and Marincin? I guess that Engvall would come out of the lineup then?

I like the idea of running 7 D, Marincin is needed on the PK.

Maybe Engvall and Spezza each get a game as it’s a back to back?

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
So it’s looking like we’ll see both Sandin and Marincin?

I highly doubt it. I think only one media person is betting on that. 6D with Marincin going in is the far more likely scenario.

Marincin is needed on the PK.

He's really not. Dermott-Holl, Rielly-Ceci

Dermott has shown that he is very good on the PK. The coaching staff should show more confidence in him.

Reactions: ToMaLe and Havoc

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Marincin is horrible with the puck. He's big, but doesn't play like it. His defensive stats are quite good.
Statistically, the Leaf's defense is worst with Sandin then it ever was with Jake Gardiner. ..only Jake generated offense.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Hate that I work during this game. Hope we score goals early and just deflate Korpisalo. Whoever wins this game holds the series in their hands and I hope to god it is the Leafs that steal this game, then the series.

This time tomorrow one of these teams will be in position to win this series. I hope that team is us.

Reactions: willmma

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
After all these quarantine snacks I think my heart literally can't handle a game 5. Get the W boys lets goooooooo

Reactions: TML Dynasty

member 300185

Definition of irony: Watching hockey in August eating watermelon.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
I highly doubt it. I think only one media person is betting on that. 6D with Marincin going in is the far more likely scenario.

He's really not. Dermott-Holl, Rielly-Ceci

Dermott has shown that he is very good on the PK. The coaching staff should show more confidence in him.
And who goes in Sandin or Barrie when one of those 4 are in the penalty box?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
And who goes in Sandin or Barrie when one of those 4 are in the penalty box?

Dermott? Unless you are saying Marincin is not in the lineup at all, in which case, Sandin. However that does not seem to be the case.

Rielly, Holl, Ceci, Marincin, Dermott are your PKers.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Marincin with no game action in months being thrown into a crucial playoff game could be a disaster.
I'm hoping for that rare surprise where he actually looks like an NHL Dman lol anyone else remember a few years back when he was top pairing with Rielly for a good stint? Ahh yes. Good times..

Reactions: Leaffan1991

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Should be interesting to see how Torts manages this game, he gets last line change, I think the CBJ's have done an excellent job in limiting the Leafs 5 on 5.

It will be a great test for Sheldon to show just how good/average of a coach he is.

SlpLessInMuskoka18

Aug 13, 2018
The day our guys all light up at once.. it'll be a day to remember!!

Matty looks to be moving into form and putting in the heavy work. Jt needs to be that bulldog too, the entire series.

We need Mitchy and Willy to step up.. where's the magic from our playmakers!!! Cbj is one of their worst matchups I suppose. Tonight being a break through would be nice.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
"Road" game! A big back-to-back coming up here. Would be great to win this game and put CBJ on the brink of elimination. Would allow for some leeway for Game 4, though it'd be great to then wrap things up there.

Screw leeway, I do NOT want this thing to go down to just one game. We need to play with a sense of urgency, put this one away in 4 games and then we have some time to prepare for the next series.

Come on boys, show me you're capable of bearing down and playing 3 quality team games in a row!

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
This will tell me where our team is at in terms of maturity. From what they’ve shown, I worried that losing Muzz will rock their confidence and they’ll fold. I really hope they show up to play. I can take a loss but it’s so damn disheartening to see the team give up and just mail it in when I know what they are capable of. Please show up!

ps. I can’t really take a loss....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad