Post-Game Talk: Game #3| Jan. 22, 2013|Flyers at Devils |7:30 p.m. ET pt II

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I can see where both sides are coming from. We are 0-3 and its frustrating so people are pickings sides to blame.

I think its far to say that the defense and offense need to be alot better while Bryz needs to be abit better. His defenders are saying he has been good which is true. He has cut down on those easy goals. He stood out the first game, and somewhat the 2nd and 3rd. I think he has been good but i do not think spectacular like some are saying. Maybe we just are not used to goalies playing good when we start throwing that word around for solid goaltending play.

What his attackers are saying is that while he has been good he has to be spectacular at times to steal wins. The rest of the team wont play crazy good all the time (like right now) and I guess thats where some goalies come in and wins it for them, which does happen in this league. You just need to be reasonable. You cant expect that very game which some fans expect while others are content with just average play.

I agree the system and defense make the goaltender....somewhat. There are cases out there though that isnt true. Look at teams like the islanders and bluejackets. Nabby single handedly won them a good amount of games last season. On the other hand, this season Bob has kept the jackets in every single game.

We will need abit of both on this team. We dont need a super defensive system to win but we need people understanding how to play team defense and where they need to be. That seems to be the main problem on this team.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
I take it you haven't been to the mainboards yet?

Everyone is blaming him

I avoid that place like the plague lol but still how anyone can blame bryz when his team gives him 3 goals in as many games is beyond me. Hell we should of lost 8-0 last night.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Closed door meeting, get it all out on the table as a team, communicate in there so it can happen on ice.

I think that is what is needed.

Then move forward.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Isn't this what our offense was supposed to be like after we lost Carter and Richards? Seems like it's taken a year to sink in.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Definitely not Bryz's fault. Just no finish by the forwards. Besides G, no one is a sniper type out there. Hartnell, Simmonds, Read and the rest are grinders. Schenn and Couts are not playing as we expected them to be and they have been playing during the lockout. The defense has been horrible but I'm giving them a few games to get it together. Hope Grossman is ok. I think Coach Jam needs to come up with a different gameplan right now to get them back on track.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Usually I would understand blaming Bryz, because from all the **** that surrounded him last year, you'd think it'd be the easy excuse to make, but it's more frustrating because Bryz has been FAR from the reason we've lost any of these games. He's about the only person on the ice who seems to be taking playing hockey seriously.

No one is playing any sort of coverage and Luke Schenn is about the only skater that can make a ****ing pass it seems.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Coatsey was just on the Fan 590 here in Toronto and sugar coated everything. He compared this season to the 94 season and then went off on a tangent about how we got LeClair and Desjardins. I don't think he realizes that there isn't likely to be any kind of movement among any teams this time because of the cap, plus there aren't a lot of dmen out there.

toughfighter83*

Isn't this what our offense was supposed to be like after we lost Carter and Richards? Seems like it's taken a year to sink in.

i think last year was fluke just like jvr was in 2011 because these players are not super star caliber players like crosby and malkin because they are big and know how to shoot, these players are not richards and carter, they are just average players not goal scorers, i also believe that last year, that the goalies knew nothing about these players and had trouble adjusting to them which is why they were scoring goals, they seem to know their weakness now, plus there's no jagr, which really hurt the team, it made the young players look like average players now.

Last edited by a moderator:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
i think last year was fluke just like jvr was in 2011 because these players are not super star caliber players like crosby and malkin because they are big and know how to shoot, these players are not richards and carter, they are just average players.

You know they are just sophmore players right? Their 21 and 20. Read is older at 26. Its called a sophmore slump which happens with every single team. If you truly expected them to be superstars in their 2nd season in the nhl you were fooling yourself

toughfighter83*

You know they are just sophmore players right? Their 21 and 20. Read is older at 26. Its called a sophmore slump which happens with every single team. If you truly expected them to be superstars in their 2nd season in the nhl you were fooling yourself

you are the one that's fooling with yourself, if you never learn anything about jvr then you really dont know these players at all.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Coatsey was just on the Fan 590 here in Toronto and sugar coated everything. He compared this season to the 94 season and then went off on a tangent about how we got LeClair and Desjardins. I don't think he realizes that there isn't likely to be any kind of movement among any teams this time because of the cap, plus there aren't a lot of dmen out there.

Coatsey would sugarcoat a 3 car pileup ...not surprising. I have noticed that apart from Tocchet the media brass for the Flyers is being kind of cautious about leveling too much criticism.....

flyersguy33*

lol at you clowns trying to blame bryz for any of those goals last night. none of those goals were his fault. I'm not a big fan of his be he's been one of our best players this year. there was no rebound on the first goal. just all five guys on the right side of the ice above the hashmarks. great d.

second goal was off rusty. nothing he could have done at all. funny all these armchair goalies out there. play the position then make offbased comments

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I remember after a really crappy game my coach would keep us after the game for a long, agonizing skate and then some drills. All my gear felt like it weighed 100+ lbs after that, especially my pads. Needless to say no one was thrilled but we definitely didnt play so terribly again. I know this is the NHL we're talking about but for that half-assed effort they gave in the 3rd yesterday, acting like kids, they deserved to be treated like kids.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Bryzgalov isn't the problem, not by a long shot, but for him to be worth the money he's getting paid he's going to have to be able to hold down the fort in a game where they aren't that sharp early.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00