Post-Game Talk: Game #3| Jan. 22, 2013|Flyers at Devils |7:30 p.m. ET pt II

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Carry on the customary wailing and gnashing of teeth. For those who missed the game, here's a summary:

trainwreck2.jpg

Will be opened when needed.

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
Can't say I didn't expect it. They owned us in the playoffs last year, and it seems to be something that will continue this year.

They said it time and time again in the broadcast, the devils system just suffocates us.

CyborgLindros

Mar 29, 2012
Better positioning for rebounds maybe? How many bounced out with all the forwards on the same side of the net?

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Brutal game but really what showed was a true lack of chemistry. Lavi s line combos have been brutal IMO... Feds has no business being on the second line and this roll 4 equal lines thing is clearly not working.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
In all objectivity, this would be a perfect year to tank.
- Fewer games to suck
- Great top-end talent for the picking

I know, I know. I'm posting gloom-and-doom out of frustration after only 3 games. Mind you, I was boycotting the first 2 anyway, so this was the first I watched. Yay me! But this team has played like much less than the sum of their parts. They look like they haven't met each other before the game, and were out of sync in all three zones.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Lavi better figure something out b/c his team looks extremely confused out there and he bears responsibility regardless. Tocchet said there doesn't seem to be any commitment to defense but I guess so when Lavi said he was going to attack attack attack. Ironically, the attack looks like the Polish cavalry going up against Panzers...

Cmoneyflyguy

Jul 13, 2005
Wayne, Pa
Bryz looks good.
The goals will come.
Jagr and matt Carle weren't the reason we scored so many against the Pens last year. (ok, maybe that was Flower)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Lavi better figure something out b/c his team looks extremely confused out there and he bear responsibility regardless. Tocchet said there doesn't seem to be any commitment to defense but I guess so when Lavi said he was going to attack attack attack. Ironically, the attack looks like the Polish cavalry going up against Panzers...

I'm going to start staring at Lavi angrily and thoughtfully if we suck again in New York. This team should be gelling and improving with games played, not getting worse. 3 games played with basically no camp and no preseason I can forgive, but there is some alarm. If the trend doesn't begin improving by game 5, I'm going Defcon 5.

drownedsailors

Sep 25, 2010
Earth
The last time we won was game 1 against these clowns in the playoffs right?...I think I actually forgot what it feels like to win :cry:

El Dandy*

Bryz is the least of our worries wight now.

THAT should tell you how much of a dumpster fire this team is currently.

Lavy needs to fix it, or off he goes.

Victory5

Apr 12, 2011
I'm going to start staring at Lavi angrily and thoughtfully if we suck again in New York. This team should be gelling and improving with games played, not getting worse. 3 games played with basically no camp and no preseason I can forgive, but there is some alarm. If the trend doesn't begin improving by game 5, I'm going Defcon 5.

This team has too much talent to be playing this badly. JVR, Jagr, and Carle didnt change us from a playoff team to the worst team in the east. Lavy has to figure this out, or he should get out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad