Post-Game Talk: Game #3| Jan. 22, 2013|Flyers at Devils |7:30 p.m. ET pt II

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Coatsey would sugarcoat a 3 car pileup ...not surprising. I have noticed that apart from Tocchet the media brass for the Flyers is being kind of cautious about leveling too much criticism.....

Probably cause G just got the C and no one wants another Richards situation where everyone questions the teams leadership when it doesn't perform. That's my guess

toughfighter83*

Bryzgalov isn't the problem, not by a long shot, but for him to be worth the money he's getting paid he's going to have to be able to hold down the fort in a game where they aren't that sharp early.

i understand if bryz wants to be gone to better team, i wont blame him because this team is pathetic, getting rid of harnell, briere, and jake will free alot of money to fix the defense and sign fa's to fix the top two lines with giroux.

it's major mess right now.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
i understand if bryz wants to be gone to better team, i wont blame him because this team is pathetic, getting rid of harnell and briere will free alot of money to fix the defense and sign fa's to fix the top two lines with giroux.

it's major mess right now.

Why are you so rabidly intent on hauling out Hartnell? Have you failed to notice he's been a key component on each of our best lines for 3 seasons now?

toughfighter83*

Why are you so rabidly intent on hauling out Hartnell? Have you failed to notice he's been a key component on each of our best lines for 3 seasons now?

only because he was great one season? the other seasons he's been an average player, it's not worth keeping him not for the contract. im sick of fan favorites stuff, when is it ever about whether the guy can actually score goals, not about his image?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
only because he was great one season? the other seasons he's been an average player, it's not worth keeping him not for the contract.

Were you watching the Hartnell-Briere-Leino line?

There's nothing wrong with his contract. The cap has gone up a LOT since it was signed. His cap hit is perfectly in line with what players of his level make. Considering the contracts signed in the last year or two, he's actually a bit of a bargain.

Edit: his cap hit is 4.2 million. That's a bargain.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Whatever line Hartnell plays on his linemates seem to always play their best hockey. He can hit, agitate, score and pass. What more do you want in a hockey player? The dude also can't stay on his skates so he loves to crash into goalies. I only wish he did that against the Devils. Can't stand the flopping around that goalie does!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Toughfighter, you're always going on about how the team is soft and needs more grit. Yet here you are saying we should trade a huge chunk of our grit away. I don't follow the logic.

what has he done now? not last year, not the year before, right now?

It's been THREE GAMES. That really can't be emphasized enough.

Should we trade Giroux, Timonen, Coburn, B. Schenn, Couturier, Simmonds, Read, Talbot, Leighton, and Fedotenko while we're at it? I mean, they haven't done anything. Let's trade Briere too! He's been completely invisible :sarcasm:

toughfighter83*

Toughfighter, you're always going on about how the team is soft and needs more grit. Yet here you are saying we should trade a huge chunk of our grit away. I don't follow the logic.

It's been THREE GAMES. That really can't be emphasized enough.

stop with bs excuses, what has he done offensively right now?

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
what has he done now? not last year, not the year before, right now?

He has been playing very physical. Even when he isn't scoring he does the little things. I am still curious as to what you want with this team. You want more team defense and more grit yet you want to get rid of the players that bring that in Hartnell and Couts. I understand your argument on Lavy because he doesn't change up his scheme when it isn't working against a specific team, but this doesn't make sense on wanting to get rid of those players.

toughfighter83*

Three. Games. What has anyone done so far? Should we trade the entire team?

if i was the gm and find better players that can score goals then yes accept giroux, courts, and laughton. you dont want to hear rebuild, you want to keep the same team because you are jealous of the kings, well this is not a cup team, it's not the way you build a cup team.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
if i was the gm and find better players that can score goals then yes accept giroux, courts, and laughton. you dont want to hear rebuild, you want to keep the same team because you are jealous of the kings, well this is not a cup team, it's not the way you build a cup team.

You do know not all goal scorers are good with team defense that you always preach right? It has been three games and the offense will come around. Especially when Briere comes back.

I would say nearly every team out there is jealous of the Kings. Doughty, Brown, Kopitar, Richards, Carter then role players in Stoll, Williams and Mitchell. That is a great team.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

What the hell are you talking about? How do you decide I'm jealous of the Kings? What part of any of my posts suggests the slightest thing? I think you're looking in the mirror.

Why do you suddenly want to keep Couturier? Why do you suddenly want to trade Hartnell, despite believing the team needs more grit and better defense? You do know that Hartnell is one of our more defensively responsible forwards, right?

Why does this team have to be rebuilt after three games?

Hell, if we're gonna go nuclear with this, let's keep following your logic. Since apparently this team is never going to be good again, and everyone but three players needs to be traded, it's pretty clear the GM has done a terrible job. So let's fire Holmgren. Then we should fire Luuko for keeping Homer around. Then Snider and Comcast should just fold the team and start over again from scratch, because clearly they'll never win with any roster, just because they haven't won recently. Clearly.

Do tell me what your moves as GM would be. Tell me how you trade everyone but three players and not only IMPROVE the team, but manage to field a full roster without completely draining our already empty prospect pool, while staying under the cap.

Edit: It's stunning that you constantly throw Schenn, Read and Couturier under the bus for being young and unproven. Yet Laughton is the one you want to keep??? Really? He's the youngest and most unproven guy on the team.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
As far as the game goes, it was all pretty bad, but I was pleasantly surprised by L. Schenn and Gervais. Gervais looked like a decent puckmover and Schenn even made some nice outlet passes while still playing pretty physical.

Also, if Schenn is suspended, then Tootoo needs to get something for the hit in the Dallas game last night. Either way, it's complete BS that he's even getting a call from the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

toughfighter83*

What the hell are you talking about? How do you decide I'm jealous of the Kings? What part of any of my posts suggests the slightest thing? I think you're looking in the mirror.

because the players we got back from the kings and columbus, you want them to be like carter, richards, and gagne, they are nothing like them. plus with hartnell, he's not a top 4 player no matter what he did last year, years before that, he was an average player, he did nothing in playoffs last year.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
One things for sure, TF83 is right about this not being how you build a Cup team. Our defense doesn't match our system in the slightest. One has to think Lavi is on the hot seat.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
stop with bs excuses, what has he done offensively right now?

His pass was the only reason Giroux scored against Pitt, pretty sure he was the one who went the pass that would have sprung him if it had not been called offside. To discount Hartnell's Philly career and to suggest he be shipped off after 3 games is just silly though Giroux looked horrendous last night, and that was before he let him emotions get the better of him. Should they trade him to?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
because the players we got back from the kings and columbus, you want them to be like carter, richards, and gagne, they are nothing like them. plus with hartnell, he's not a top 4 player no matter what he did last year, years before that, he was an average player, he did nothing in playoffs last year.

Hartnell had 8 points in 11 playoff games, and you think that's nothing?

I have no idea what "you want them to be like carter, richards, and gagne, they are nothing like them." means. I DON'T want them to be like those players. I want them to be themselves. Right now, they aren't being themselves. They aren't helped by the sophomore slump, which is a statistically proven thing if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully they can overcome that.

Stop telling me what I believe or think. It's amazingly clear you don't have the slightest idea what I think. You tell me I believe something, and then you argue it...when in fact I don't believe it. That's a crap discussion tactic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawman

Edit: Hartnell was 5th on the team in points in the playoffs. That's nothing, apparently.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
8 points in 11 games but you're right he did nothing lol lol lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad