Post-Game Talk: Game #3: Home Opener vs. Leafs

SingaporeRanger

Dec 16, 2010
Singapore
No offensive balance makes it hard for AV to use mismatches. The mismatches came bc he was able to effective distribute the offensive depth.

This year he has put our stars together on the first two lines. Terrible decision. He's trying to mitigate the loss of Stepan, I understand - but this can't be the case when Stepan comes back.

Kreider-Stepan-MSL
Duclair-Brassard-Zucc
Hags-Miller-MSL
Malone-Moore-Stempniak

Those would be my lines. If Miller regresses and Hayes progresses, swap the two.

Stemp to the 4th line upgrades offensive and defensive responsibilities on that line. Malone is a better overall player than Glass.

Play Glass against bigger, tougher, slower teams.

Distribute the wealth.

So sell Nash? Bench him?
Are we cloning MSL?

Zuccarello Awesome*

You'll all be singing a different tune when your brains catch up to mine and you realize how DONE Dan Boye is.

Just like Del Zotto (I called for his head before anyone else and was ostracized for it until he was traded and then everyone suddenly agreed with me. How's DZ looking in Philly?)

Just like Duclair making the team.

Just like Hayes making the team.

Just like Conor Allen not being the second coming of Scott Neidermayer.

Just like JT Miller not being consistent enough / ready to be counted on as our everyday 3C.

Just like Callahan being traded for MSL.

Just like Zuccarello becoming a star.

It looks like (3 games in) I was wrong about Stempniak, but in all honesty he has played worlds better than he did in Calgary or Pittsburgh last season. If he can keep this level
Of play up, I'm thrilled to eat crow on that.

But I've been spot-on about every other major discussion point / debate on here. You'll catch up; don't worry.

Dan Boyle should have retired. He has very little left to offer and he's absolutely a liability in his own end because of his skating and strength deficiencies. He's had a good career, but not everyone is a freak like MSL and Selanne and at 39, Dan Boyle is DONE.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You'll all be singing a different tune when your brains catch up to mine and you realize how DONE Dan Boye is.

Just like Del Zotto (I called for his head before anyone else and was ostracized for it until he was traded and then everyone suddenly agreed with me. How's DZ looking in Philly?)

Just like JT Miller not being consistent enough / ready to be counted on as our everyday 3C.

It looks like (3 games in) I was wrong about Stempniak, but in all honesty he has played worlds better than he did in Calgary or Pittsburgh last season. If he can keep this level

But I've been spot-on about every other major discussion point / debate on here. You'll catch up; don't worry.

Dan Boyle should have retired. He has very little left to offer and he's absolutely a liability in his own end because of his skating and strength deficiencies. He's had a good career, but not everyone is a freak like MSL and Selanne and at 39, Dan Boyle is DONE.
Glass > Stempniak tho

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Defense with Boyle: give up 2 goals against a top team

Defense without Boyle: Give up a combined 11 goals to two crap teams

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Dan Boyle played in the only game we won.

AHB*

Stempniak is playing how he has always played. He usually doesn't score this much, but his style is the same. The way you are describing him again shows that you never watched the guy, outside of his games against the Rangers, in his career.

You are also one of the very few on this forum who constantly throw all your "correct" predictions in the face of the rest of the board.

If people were making them as often as you do, most would actually be correct more often. You're like Floyd Mayweather with his gambling, makes 1000's of bets but only brags about the ones he wins.

If your arrogance was a virus, we'd all have Ebola.

MetalGodAOD*

I don't disagree with you that Dan Boyle isn't as good as we hope he is, but jeez, pat yourself on the back more. Why aren't you running a front office with all that hockey wisdom?

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
...and is unable to recover because he is old, slow, weak, and fragile. His hand broke blocking a WRIST shot.

You'll be singing a different tune later in the season when you realize how wrong you were.

And Derek Stepan's leg broke while taking a stride. Guess he's weak and fragile too. Good one. All hail giver of vast hockey knowledge.

:bow:

RangersOwnNewYork*

Dan Boyle had 36 points last year and he can skate better than you say. He is not as good defensively as Stralman but he was brought here to add a little more offense to the blue line and to be a much needed QB on the PP, something that he is still very capable of doing.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Sorry no the bolded is mine and no one is taking that from me! NO ONE! :rant:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Woof, what a turd this game was... I need to get my head examined if I pay as much as I do to watch this **** in person

And so totally Rangersesque to honor the tenure of season ticket holders who've had their subscriptions for 50 years or more in the intermission immediately following a period in which the Rangers give up five goals on home ice to the most overhyped team in sports. :p:

g82pUwA.jpg

SRxIm8c.jpg

Zuccarello Awesome*

I don't disagree with you that Dan Boyle isn't as good as we hope he is, but jeez, pat yourself on the back more. Why aren't you running a front office with all that hockey wisdom?

Maybe I am :P

I only brought that up because the peanut gallery was blabbering about how I was wrong about Stempniak so I must be wrong about Dan Boyle.

Dan Boyle played in the only game we won.

****. You're right. That must mean everything negative about Boyle isn't true and he's the best hockey player ever. If only we had him in the lineup, we'd never lose!!!

AHB*

Maybe I am :P

I only brought that up because the peanut gallery was blabbering about how I was wrong about Stempniak so I must be wrong about Dan Boyle.

****. You're right. That must mean everything negative about Boyle isn't true and he's the best hockey player ever. If only we had him in the lineup, we'd never lose!!!

In the one point I argued you on, you lost. So, do I get a medal or somethign for destroying the great nostradomus?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yes, Dan Boyle returning will help, but not as much as our two best players (Hank and McD) not playing like utter crap will help.

I expect, given their track record, that this won't be a long-term issue.

Wolfy*

Who do you think should have gotten the C (aside from Zucc that is)?

Marty, because of his experience as a captain, and the way he carried the team in the playoffs. I'll never forget.

One of the younger guys would be more ready next year, if he retires.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Woof, what a turd this game was... I need to get my head examined if I pay as much as I do to watch this **** in person

And so totally Rangersesque to honor the tenure of season ticket holders who've had their subscriptions for 50 years or more in the intermission immediately following a period in which the Rangers give up five goals on home ice to the most overhyped team in sports. :p:

I'm sure a lot of us at home had you guys in mind. Must be soul-crushing to get dealt this crap in a home opener.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Lasted two periods and went on to other things. No sense getting real pissed off waiting for the bitter end. Not a masochist. Reimer was better than Henrik today. A lot better. Rangers so far having the habit of shooting themselves in the foot whenever possible. Badly timed penalties. Defensive breakdowns. Tonight's Rangers team was running all over the place whenever Toronto pinned them in their own end. AV needs to find his line combinations and stick with them.

Anyway the star of the game for us tonight was the Hartford Wolfpack who came from behind to win their opening night. Oscar Lindberg had two goals including the game winner. Chris Mueller had a goal and an assist. JT should take note. He needs to improve or one of these guys is going to be replacing him soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad