Post-Game Talk: Game #3: Home Opener vs. Leafs

*Bob Richards*

Terrible showing. GDT was a war zone. Water's poisoned.

Other than that, great game.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
I_don't_even_watch_tvd.gif

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Not exactly the out of the gate, guns blazing and chariots on fire start to the season I was expecting, but okay.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Good:

Staal and Klein quietly had a very good game.
Liked what Hayes showed.
Duclair continues to prove he can stick.
Talbot didn't give up a goal, that's good after Columbus last night.

Bad:

Everything else?

I want to see Malone in against the Islanders for Glass. I want Hayes to continue to play. Hopefully Nash gets some good baby time in and can go Tuesday.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Lee Stempniak gloved the puck down, had it stripped, Leafs score.

Miller misses a shot (obviously the only player to ever miss a shot ever), McDonagh can't keep the puck in, Henrik royally ****s up, JVR shorthanded.

Hayes loses his man while the Leafs have position and leave Kadri wide open in front of Henrik.

How are any of those Miller's fault? I don't even think he's been good. Just not this epitome of awful.

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
Brutal----------------
Hank
Staal
Miller...aw f it this could take all night !

Not Brutal------------
Talbot
Hayes
Duke
Nash
Stempy

BarbaraAlphanse

Survive until Stepan is back.

The defense is worse than last year's but what got us to be successful was the offensive balance.

Nash & MSL being on the same line has to end. I love their chemistry but our 3rd line isn't capitalizing on the defensive mismatches. There needs to be a line where we're able to pin them and create offensive chances, like the Zucc Brass Poo line.

This team is on a hangover. Need some type of event to happen to bring them all back together.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Good:

Staal and Klein quietly had a very good game.
Liked what Hayes showed.
Duclair continues to prove he can stick.
Talbot didn't give up a goal, that's good after Columbus last night.

Bad:

Everything else?

I want to see Malone in against the Islanders for Glass. I want Hayes to continue to play. Hopefully Nash gets some good baby time in and can go Tuesday.

Klein was good? Nope, his corsi was bad last year. So can't be.

Adding a :deadhorse for good measure.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Besides me being on near suicide watch figuratively,

Nash was good, Duke was awesome and Staal/Klein were good

McD and G need work they need a lot. Definitely bad

Hank had a bad game. FAULT IS SPREAD. DO. NOT. FORGET THAT.

Miller needs to go scratch.

Prayers go out to Zucc, Stepan and Dan Boyle. please return soon.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Survive until Stepan is back.

The defense is worse than last year's but what got us to be successful was the offensive balance.

Nash & MSL being on the same line has to end. I love their chemistry but our 3rd line isn't capitalizing on the defensive mismatches. There needs to be a line where we're able to pin them and create offensive chances, like the Zucc Brass Poo line.

This team is on a hangover. Need some type of event to happen to bring them all back together.

I would think that a 6-3 shellacking during your home opener would qualify, no...? :)

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
-Hayes had an okay first game. Really like his potential

-I liked what I was seeing from Hagelin. A lot of hard work from him

-Duclair is continuing the trend of "having the puck on a string" that was his characterization in Juniors.

-I REALLY hope that goal wakes Brassard up

-Congrats Nash on being a father!

Nothing else positive to say.

BarbaraAlphanse

Need to trade for a center because Brassard shouldn't be a top 6 player.

We knew this would be the case before July.

This team needs better top 4 defender than Dan Boyle. It also needs a better 2c.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
the defensive zone turn overs were atrocious. It's a learning process for a lot of players and that's understandable. This is the type of game we want to play and this is the learning process that it's going to take. There were so many positions where we had the option of carrying the puck, skating it out, and move through the zone and hold onto the puck but we instead moved it between players in the defensive zone. Once it sorts itself out and players are able to do that, it'll help with the game we want to play. Until then, it's just a barrage of turn overs in our own zone with our players out of position and unable to move the puck out or having to lift the puck out after being ****ed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad