GDT: Game 3: Coyotes @ Canadiens - 4:30 PM

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Your wrong, as usual, but this is year two of the rebuild. Your just showing your ignorance of the game if you think years prior to IA ownership should be included in your analysis.

Oh, I thought for sure we'd just reset the clock yet again because the previous awfulness was under the miserly Don Maloney who just refused to spend all that sweet, sweet money IA kept throwing toward our budget to make us competitive. It's year 1 anno Domini Tippettus, right?

Also, "ignorance of the game" accusations are the highest form of discourse from the apologists. You've completely convinved me.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
<vent>

They gave the reins to Tippett. Gave him the key to the store. This is his roster, the one Chayka built for him. So there's no more deflecting blame onto the GM or onto the lack of roster quality that'd he'd like to have.

I've watched three games. I see the same exact issues that have plagued this team on the ice for five-plus years plaguing them now. Same near-complete inability to gain the offensive zone. Same Keystone Kops act in the defensive zone. Same excruciating emphasis on long-distance shooting. Same bent-at-the-waist-and-flailing-stick level of effort. Same post-game quotes about "execution" and "compete level."

Package that in with the annual Smith injury and a Louis Domingue meltdown, and I'm surprised the bleeding has been as light as it has been so far.

I think if I had been able to afford to reup my tix this year, I'd be more angry about it. As it is, I'm still titanically frustrated. Mostly at myself, for subjecting myself to watching this mediocre brand of hockey year after year. And I can't help but wonder - is it realistic to assume that this team could develop into a Cup contender without a change in coaching?

</vent>

Couldn't agree more.

Forgot to mention Tippet in my lynching of the old guard...

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
:laugh:

Thanks,I posted that and then proceeded to have a ****** Friday morning at work... you guys are truly the (wood)wind beneath my wings this morning.

plgilbert

Apr 10, 2012
Quebec city
For me the two main problems are puck possession and our inability to force takeaways in the D zone and both were completely exposed yesterday against the Habs. There was a sequence in the 2nd period where the Habs just went on for two minutes with the puck in our D zone 5 on 5 just cycling the puck and our players were just useless out there like they didn't know what player to cover. Also, when we do have the puck we seem to try to force plays that are not there and so we lose the possesion of the puck. Is it a roster problem ? Maybe ... We're a good team to attack on the rush or when we counter but we aren't able to create plays when the other team is well positionned on D. That is a problem and I think it may be more of a system problem then a roster problem. What do you guys think ?

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
For me the two main problems are puck possession and our inability to force takeaways in the D zone and both were completely exposed yesterday against the Habs. There was a sequence in the 2nd period where the Habs just went on for two minutes with the puck in our D zone 5 on 5 just cycling the puck and our players were just useless out there like they didn't know what player to cover. Also, when we do have the puck we seem to try to force plays that are not there and so we lose the possesion of the puck. Is it a roster problem ? Maybe ... We're a good team to attack on the rush or when we counter but we aren't able to create plays when the other team is well positionned on D. That is a problem and I think it may be more of a system problem then a roster problem. What do you guys think ?

After too many puns, a substantive post like this is music to my ears.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think we need to guitar act together, because even the "stabilizing" veterans don't look to be executing whatever the system is. It's not like lines with more veterans look good while young players look lost. So I'm tired of that dodge. Didn't Tampa recently have a 50 win season with way more than 5 young players without 100 games of NHL experience? We have 83 wins in the last 227. There's more to it than that.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
They seem to have tuned him out. Would simply admitting that really harmony one?

How clef-er.

It's really tuba'd, yet really cymbalizes everything that's been wrong with this team for years.

Last edited:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Radim Fermata is not closely following the written scheme. And while it's a tired reprise, the powerplay needs more movements.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think it was the previous 227 games that brought on the somber timbre of this requiem, not this triad of games.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Two of our centers are still adapting to the NHL. Wait until they get comfortable before saying this year is the same as the previous bad years...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad