One Last Time*
868025698.0.gif

I didn't hate ya Dave, I just wanted you to play for someone else :P

*It doesn't actually have to be the last time

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'd like to see way more from Duke than I've seen in the first two games. Fortunately he has nice track record vs. the Habs.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Optional skate this morning so probably no lines out until later.

Each team has three Quebec natives on their squad..... so the game is a toss up.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Schenn with OEL? What the ****?!?!?

I don't hate it in theory. Schenn is a fine defender, but he sucks at getting the puck going in the other direction. OEL can take care of that. It should also mean fewer ES minutes for OEL, which I'm in favor of. He's averaging 29:34 per game so far. He'll be more effective overall in the 24-26 minute range.

I'm more excited about seeing Murphy on a different pairing. I think being OEL's partner has held him back a little creatively.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Eh I don't thing schenn has been bad, even playing above where he should, so it's not too bad imo. Not sure on him playing against top lines though. It will be interesting to see how it goes with Murphy on another pairing.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Schenn with OEL? What the ****?!?!?

We are all lukewarm with Schenn but we also all know this is DT's type player for better or worse. Can you say Grossman? He loves big, slow defensemen. But I agree putting him on line with OEL doesn't make a lot of sense. The problem I think is he doesn't like Gogo with Schenn...nor did I. Need try something until Stone ready. Glad the KConn experiment appears to be over.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I don't hate it in theory. Schenn is a fine defender, but he sucks at getting the puck going in the other direction. OEL can take care of that. It should also mean fewer ES minutes for OEL, which I'm in favor of. He's averaging 29:34 per game so far. He'll be more effective overall in the 24-26 minute range.

I'm more excited about seeing Murphy on a different pairing. I think being OEL's partner has held him back a little creatively.

The problem is if OEL is stuck down low trying to move the puck then he can't be up in the rush. Also, what is Schenn doing then aside from being a pylon?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Schenn and Murphy both are third pairing, and there lies the problem. I think Murphy has held OEL back. Why do you think we are suppose to be in the running for Trouba. Our RD is terrible, can't wait for Stone to get back. Hell, I would bring up DeAngelo for a few games.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Schenn and Murphy both are third pairing, and there lies the problem. I think Murphy has held OEL back. Why do you think we are suppose to be in the running for Trouba. Our RD is terrible, can't wait for Stone to get back. Hell, I would bring up DeAngelo for a few games.

I usually agree with you, but Murphy is not a third pairing D. Young D men that get 6 year deals at 3.8 mill are minimum second pairing. Part of the Trouba interest is that he has more upside than Murphy and is more likely to be a true top pairing RHD. Murphy can still get there though, which is why we won't over pay to land Trouba.

If we land Trouba in the next month or so, I would expect Stone to be moved at the TDL once he has played and re-established himself, as we can't afford all 3 RHD's..

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
KConn missed all of camp. Can we stop moaning about how bad he was in blow-out game as part of a total team meltdown? Most of our players were dog **** in Ottawa. The rusty guy fresh off an injury wasn't great. I'd say that was to be expected.

My only complaint about Schenn is that he's getting too many minutes on that 2nd pair and it's exposing his weaknesses. Solution? Give him more minutes on the top pair.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I usually agree with you, but Murphy is not a third pairing D. Young D men that get 6 year deals at 3.8 mill are minimum second pairing. Part of the Trouba interest is that he has more upside than Murphy and is more likely to be a true top pairing RHD. Murphy can still get there though, which is why we won't over pay to land Trouba.

If we land Trouba in the next month or so, I would expect Stone to be moved at the TDL once he has played and re-established himself, as we can't afford all 3 RHD's..

I know, I hear this all the time. Murphy this, Murphy that. He is not a first pairing, so we both agree on that. So we are debating if he is second pairing or third. Our RD is so bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad