GDT: Game #3: Chicago Blackhawks @ St. Louis Blues (10/09/13, 7:00PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Eh...that was against Nashville and Florida. To be honest we have played pretty sloppy in our own zone. That needs to be fixed big time.

I get that, but the PK and PP have been great on both sides, and Halak has been great as well. If the blues stay out of the box and get the crowd behind them it should be effective.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The last full season, the Blues won the Central. Last year was a weird year playing 48 games in 49 days (it seemed), which isn't conducive to the Blues style. This year, the Blues will continue where they left off and win another division title.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah but you can't discount how well Chicago played. 48 games or not I kept expecting them to fall back down to earth and they never did, it was a remarkable season and they certainly deserve credit for it. They are still the class of the division. We can change that this year but it won't be easy.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Yeah but you can't discount how well Chicago played. 48 games or not I kept expecting them to fall back down to earth and they never did, it was a remarkable season and they certainly deserve credit for it. They are still the class of the division. We can change that this year but it won't be easy.
I agree. The shortened season takes nothing away from Chicago's wire to wire dominance.

Skew06

Nov 16, 2012
Hazelwood, Missouri
Ill be there tonight with the woman up in 305 for my third game this year (and Im not a season ticket holder) We need to go on the road so I can stop blowing my checking account on tickets :help::help:

Rizzo90

Nov 10, 2011
I'll be in 110 taunting crawford for 2 periods:yo: I got to go to the last preseason & the home opener so far....haven't spent a nickle :handclap: ticket fairy called me just a half an hour ago to "see what i was doin tonight" :nod:

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
According to Hawks fans, Backes is apparently some fourth line scrub that only knows how to play dirty. I wonder what their opinion of him will be when he's playing for team USA.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'll be in 110 taunting crawford for 2 periods:yo: I got to go to the last preseason & the home opener so far....haven't spent a nickle :handclap: ticket fairy called me just a half an hour ago to "see what i was doin tonight" :nod:

Imagine willingly paying 90 bucks to sit with five Hawks fans. Who would be dumb enough to do that? *raises hand and hangs head*

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
According to Hawks fans, Backes is apparently some fourth line scrub that only knows how to play dirty. I wonder what their opinion of him will be when he's playing for team USA.

Probably rather close to our opinion on Patrick Kane, to be honest.

"I love Team USA, but I can't stand that mother...

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012

I can't ever look in their GDT because it's always full of a bunch of morons just talking **** and spouting ridiculous stuff.

As for the game, I think we get murdered. While we have won our last 2 games we have struggled to get the puck out of our zone. If we continue to struggle against a team like the Hawks they will be in for a rude awakening and Halak better be ready for a barrage of shots.

EDIT: Ha! And they call us arrogant fans....

Last edited:

Use the Schwartz*

Hey, I love Pat Kane this year because I have him on my fantasy team!

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I can't ever look in their GDT because it's always full of a bunch of morons just talking **** and spouting ridiculous stuff.

As for the game, I think we get murdered. While we have won our last 2 games we have struggled to get the puck out of our zone. If we continue to struggle against a team like the Hawks they will be in for a rude awakening and Halak better be ready for a barrage of shots.

EDIT: Ha! And they call us arrogant fans....

I just made the mistake of going over and reading their GDT. Now I remember why I hate the hawks so much. I laughed pretty hard at the poster calling Blues fans arrogant and cocky. Pot...meet kettle.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Let's keep the discussion to the game. Their GDT is for Hawks fans to talk about the game. They dislike us as much as we dislike them. If it annoys you to read, just stay on our board.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
For those wondering, ive been to Blues games during Cards playoffs before and they show the games on the TVs in the concourse as well as give updates on the jumbotron when something cool happens or during commercial breaks while they are sweeping the ice. Ill be there tonight too, Go Blues! And Cards!

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Going to record this and watch the Cards game live. Yes, I'm one of those.

Looking for good offensive play from Oshie, Stewart, and Shattenkirk. With confidence running high, if the Blues don't get rattled early, I think matchups with the bottom lines could be rough on the Hawks.

illninofan*

By the way, arguing with Hawks fans is like running in the special Olympics: even if you win...well you get the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad