Post-Game Talk: Game #3 CAPITALS @ penguins, 7:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
That Flyers game was an embarrassment, waving off Carlson, Urbom, Volpatti, and Latta while Holtby got assaulted (and let's call it what it was) is ridiculous). The NHL makes much ado about this player safety thing but in that game we watched a player engage an unwilling combatant, assault him, and all while a ref allows it and waives off his defense. Neither Emery or St. Laurent were suspended for that...

Isn't that the same game where they warned Wilson not to go after Emery? He was about to step in and they grabbed him and motioned, don't do it.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
From Wikipedia:

Devorski is Canadian with Ukrainian and Irish origin. He is one of eight children (parents: Ralph William (Bill) and Bernadette Devorski, Guelph, Ontario Canada) and is the father of son, Luk and daughter, Elle. Devorski resides with his family in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and enjoys returning to his hometown of Guelph, Ontario Canada to visit his parents, siblings and friends every chance he gets.

Interesting choice of locale. ;)

Harrisburg is closer to DC (123 miles) than Pittsburgh (221 miles). Family and people I know in that area follow MD and Philly teams for the most part.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Game is gonna be tough. I expect Pitt to win.

However, if we weather their attack in the first 10 minutes, we stand a chance.

They are gonna come out FLYING

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Hit the crap out of Malkin.
At the very least it distracts him away from scoring which is obviously good.

Im slightly confident, depending on the first 10 minutes. If its even or we are ahead, we win.
Id like to see us make THEM weather the first 10 minutes to be honest. There is nothing that says we cant push the play early.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Caps need to come out and hit someone hard to show that they aren't worried about calls. Not the whole game and not to hurt someone, just to let the Pens know they came to play.

I know the league is not about the hitting anymore but the Pens have some really soft *forwards and defensemen, set the tone.

* Do not hit Malkin, he will go beast mode and score 4 goals. ;)
Agree, however that might give the refs their excuse to start "calling it close", i.e. favoring Pitt. Hope that doesn't occur, but it'll be a first in this century.

IOW I'll have to see them allow good hits on Pitt without cheap calls to believe it.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I am against trapping in first minutes. History doesnt lie and it tells that defensive minded attitude and strategy wont get you to a success against pitts. Caps should start the same way they did first two games. Take care of puck and move their feet in neutral zone.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Sorry but I watch every Pens game, Malkin is better when he is not engaged early. Every other Pen, sure, go for it, but heck no on Malkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad