Post-Game Talk: Game #3 CAPITALS @ penguins, 7:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Return of the Paek

Jun 19, 2016
he's "dirty" in the same way Eric Lindros was "dirty". he is bigger and faster than most everyone else, and he knows it. So he uses that.

he's not "dirty" in the same way a Brad Marchand is "dirty". He's not throwing elbows (and hes not slew footing like the Pens stars do all the time either...so if they arent "dirty", then neither is Wilson)

I agree. Marchand is dirty, Wilson is not on his level.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
:laugh:

d5b35e3fc2b5ad1d7d6689fcb46f077a--washington-capitals-hockey-stuff.jpg

This one looks like he's getting attacked.

No, Kato.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
I hope this whole thing isn't going to work like a script. Dumo, Malkin, Hags etc are all healthy and play, Wilson is a total non factor because he's scared of being ejected by the refs for his total non-penalty hit last game and we end up losing. We need Wilson playing his usual game, strong on the forecheck and putting pressure on their D, if we're going to win this. We need Wilson playing like he usually does, not scared and playing without intensity.

Reactions: OvechkinTooth

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This crying about the Caps hitting and therefore being dirty is interesting to me also because they used to have Brooks Orpik in his prime. This time of year Orpik is clearly looking for knock out hits. Always has been. The uniform changed. Not Orpik

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Caps need to come out and hit someone hard to show that they aren't worried about calls. Not the whole game and not to hurt someone, just to let the Pens know they came to play.

I know the league is not about the hitting anymore but the Pens have some really soft *forwards and defensemen, set the tone.

* Do not hit Malkin, he will go beast mode and score 4 goals. ;)

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Hit every one. Get Pitt off their game and make them play in a fist fight. Trying to match their speed game has gotten us nowhere.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
St. Laurent is one of the refs tonight, the Pens are 11-1 with him over the last 3 seasons....

Pretty much what I figured. I predicted that the Pens would get 2-3 extra PP opportunities over the Caps. Looks like they got the right ref for that.

While the Pens didn’t really complain publicly, you can rest assured that they were furiously working the back channels. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Reactions: RandyHolt

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Pretty much what I figured. I predicted that the Pens would get 2-3 extra PP opportunities over the Caps. Looks like they got the right ref for that.

While the Pens didn’t really complain publicly, you can rest assured that they were furiously working the back channels. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Paul Devorski is the series supervisor.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Paul Devorski is the series supervisor.

From Wikipedia:

Devorski is Canadian with Ukrainian and Irish origin. He is one of eight children (parents: Ralph William (Bill) and Bernadette Devorski, Guelph, Ontario Canada) and is the father of son, Luk and daughter, Elle. Devorski resides with his family in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and enjoys returning to his hometown of Guelph, Ontario Canada to visit his parents, siblings and friends every chance he gets.

Interesting choice of locale. ;)

Last edited:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I hope this whole thing isn't going to work like a script. Dumo, Malkin, Hags etc are all healthy and play, Wilson is a total non factor because he's scared of being ejected by the refs for his total non-penalty hit last game and we end up losing. We need Wilson playing his usual game, strong on the forecheck and putting pressure on their D, if we're going to win this. We need Wilson playing like he usually does, not scared and playing without intensity.
Well said. Tom should stick to what he does best. Otherwise he has no business playng tonight.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Caps win 6-2. Caps will have a four goal lead. Emrick will start spinning, if any team that can overcome a 4-0 deficit, it's the Pens and will we see if there is a surge or comeback. Pens will score a goal and we'll hear "SCAR!". Pierre will start screaming and become incoherent only to be crushed by a Caps goal to make it 5-1. Pens score another goal on a third period PP as refs try to help them giving NBCS hope. Eller or Backstrom get the EN goal to seal the deal and cause a HF meltdown on the main boards. The Pens lady from 09 will be filmed flipping off the national broadcast fans while some Caps fans won't be content.

As for the Caps, I hope they crush more players and make a statement that they aren't intimidated by the Pens or the critics. Live or die by the sword. Yes I expect DSP will get a goal, possibly a garbage goal.

Go Caps!

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
He famously was on the ice when Huet got knocked into the corner during game 7 against the Flyers many moons ago. Francois St. Laurent was the ref during the Holtby Emery scuff. It isn't turning up golden for ol' Holtby. Hornqvist might get a free pass.
That Flyers game was an embarrassment, waving off Carlson, Urbom, Volpatti, and Latta while Holtby got assaulted (and let's call it what it was) is ridiculous). The NHL makes much ado about this player safety thing but in that game we watched a player engage an unwilling combatant, assault him, and all while a ref allows it and waives off his defense. Neither Emery or St. Laurent were suspended for that...

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Caps need to come out and hit someone hard to show that they aren't worried about calls. Not the whole game and not to hurt someone, just to let the Pens know they came to play.

I know the league is not about the hitting anymore but the Pens have some really soft *forwards and defensemen, set the tone.

* Do not hit Malkin, he will go beast mode and score 4 goals. ;)

Would be the first thing I would do. Not doing so shows passive play and creates fear and doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad