Post-Game Talk: Game #3 CAPITALS @ penguins, 7:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
They'll put DSP up but I really wish they wouldn't. Putting Chandler with 8 and 92 and putting Vrana with 19 and 77 is without a doubt our best lineup with Wilson out. I'd say I'd prefer to swap Oshie with Chandler in that scenario but there's no way Trotz puts two rookies on a line together even if it's with 19 between them.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Suspending Wilson wasn't just about keeping an impact player out of the line up for 3 games and de gonading Tom. It was also about putting the rest of the Caps on their heels. There are the following scenarios.

1) Caps back off from the physical game - and they've lost their biggest weapon. ADV Pitt
2) Caps continue the physical game (w/o 43), but get called for many penalties. Pitt has a good PP. ADV Pitt
3) Caps continue the physical game (w/o 43) and the refs call it fair (I'll believe it when I see it). PUSH-ADV Caps

In reality you can, and usually have mixtures of the above to keep normie fans perplexed about the "integrity" of the game :rolleyes:
See how this works? :mad:

Willy is a big loss but thats overthinking it a bit. They suspended Wilson because he has been a wreckingball in the playoffs and pressure to react was getting too much. And maybe there actually was something we cant see from our goggles in the hit itself :)

Id like to think that the rest of Caps will come even more physical to the next one. To send a message that Pens arent getting it any easier with The Beast out of the picture. And id like to think the refs will do their best and be as neutral as possible.

If we let this have effect on how we play, physically, it just shows we are still not ready for this.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
un****ingbelievable

when you start to think, that the refs/league is for once correct with the calls, nhl strikes again.

I have no words.

For those who thinks it's not a big loss

-1st line winger
-7 points in 9 games
-best Pker
-physical force
-the opponent are afraid were he's on the ice
-creates room for his teammates

Maybe I would understand, if it was 2 games (even if I think, he should not be suspended, by the nhl rules, that the league even didn't follow). Because 2 games, we still have a chance to see him in the series. Now if we lose 3 straights, he has no chance to play.

un****ingbelievable. I don't want to hear anybody now to say, that the league is not biased.

why do you have a rulebook, if you don't follow your own rules???? *******************

I'm counting on the Karma to win this series, those ****ers can't get away so easily from this

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
You want Vrana on a line with Kuzy and Ovi?

I want him to get more ice time and take a bigger role, which logically he should since the next man in the lineup to replace Wilson will be someone who's been scratched before, which means more time for Vrana.

Trotz is not going to put him on the top line, but it would be interesting to see. BT will put a digger up there...someone to fetch pucks and forecheck.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
They'll put DSP up but I really wish they wouldn't. Putting Chandler with 8 and 92 and putting Vrana with 19 and 77 is without a doubt our best lineup with Wilson out. I'd say I'd prefer to swap Oshie with Chandler in that scenario but there's no way Trotz puts two rookies on a line together even if it's with 19 between them.

I don't know if Stephenson is capable of playing RW. Never seen him play on the right side IIRC.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Connolly and Chiasson played 6:42 and 5:48 last game

8-92-25
13-19-77
18-20-10 and 39 (alternate them)
who cares - 83 - 10/39

btw, with the defensive zone faceoffs, I wouldn't mind to see a 18-20-83 line, and not only for the faceoff, but as regular line for the next game.

Insert Jerabek instead of Wilson and play with 3 lines.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am intrigued at the idea of 7D, but more as a changeup on the road. Especially if Pitt was heavily matching lines in G3. Have fun trying to line match if we basically roll with 3 lines for a game.

But I think our depth is at forward (but love JJ thus far) and so the logical move is replace Willy with a forward and press on.

Its nice as Barry had already introduced Vrana up on 2, so the stage is set.

Stephenson Kuzy Ovi

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
I honestly don't know whether the hit was clean or not. Different angles tell different stories. But it's clear that the disciplinary process is impacted by too many factors that shouldn't be relevant, to the point of almost being arbitrary. It would obviously be difficult in practice to separate the results of a play (injuries) from the nature of the play itself (how objectively dangerous it is), but the attempt isn't made or even recognized as what's appropriate. (Of course some plays are so dangerous that they would always cause injuries, but that doesn't make the two the same thing.) The level of public/media outrage over plays clearly has bearing on the process, and certain people (like Bob McKenzie, though not in this case) seem to have influence they shouldn't.

There is absolutely not a conspiracy involved though.

Also, whether Wilson's hits are reckless in opening up himself and the team to liability and whether they're wrong, under the rules or generally, are two separate matters and shouldn't be conflated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad