GDT: Game 3: Avs @ Jackets - 5PM

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Neito should sit next game. He was horrible tonight. Would also like to see Nemeth in over Barbie. Hopefully hes good to go next game.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
The only players that looked good today were Mackinnon. In three games I haven't seen anything from Jost, hardly anything from Landeskog, and Kerfoot is being too fancy with the passing. Today the D was garbage too outside of EJ.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
And Dries earned his way to nacho time tonight. Kam will draw in next game.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Barrie is a #3. We need to stop putting him out there when games are on the line. He's showed time and time again he's just going to hit a shin pad and it's going to be going the other way. Keep EJ and G out there.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Scratch Dries, put Kamenev at 4C, put Compher with Soderberg and Nieto, I don't care where Bourque goes, profit.

The defense was ass today, almost to a man. I really hope Cole was just on drugs and never repeats this performance again. I thought Grubauer did as well as any goalie could while his skaters were allowing a firing squad to set up in front of him and shoot with impunity.

Reactions: RareDangles

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Barrie is a #3. We need to stop putting him out there when games are on the line. He's showed time and time again he's just going to hit a shin pad and it's going to be going the other way. Keep EJ and G out there.

He was bad tonight but he's one of the guys I want out there if they need a goal.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Nieto has been a huge disappointment. Mack was lethal tonight. I don't know why the Avs can't cover the front of the net on the road. Columbus looks awesome, They should make some noise this year.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Kamenev and Wilson fit the top 6 imo. Kerfoot too. Jost isn’t doing much.

Landeskog (injury free) - MacK - Rantanen
Kerfoot-Kamenev-Wilson

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Landeskog has been hurting the top line the first few games. Not sure on the stats, but he’s given the pick up a lot of times already. He needs to be better.

Also, wasn’t super impressed with Grubauer. I know he made some nice saves, but he could’ve easily had another 2-3 go by him that hit the post. First game so I’ll hold my judgement for a bigger sample size.

The defensive zone play was simply atrocious. Nothing good at all to say here.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Better team won.
Meh, agreed.

Too many penalties all at key times, didn't really get our lines established in the game until the 2nd period. Losing one whole period hurt and even without Jones Columbus is still a damn good team. Didn't like anybody's game on the back-end except for Zadorov and EJ, but I would give them average grades at best. Offencively nobody really showed up besides MacKinnon and Jost I thought. I get that Compher is putting up points and that 2nd PP unit is rippin' it up, but JT has been dreadful defencively.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

You're right we should throw EJ out there. He never hits a shinpad.

Reactions: hooverdam

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Can we please not have Nieto, Bourque and Dries in the lineup at the same time ever again
Pretty much this. I don't want Joe to go and do something drastic, but I wouldn't mind him going out and grabbing some more skill to be injected in the lineup, even if it's through the waiver wire. And if we give up an asset like a pick (which we have enough of), make it for someone who can contribute beyond this year. I know Ghetto will be coming back eventually, but I still have difficulty seeing him fit on a specific line, and would prefer if Bourque was our 14th forward, not the 13th.

Someone like Leivo.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I feel that there was a waiver claim or two that would've been an upgrade over Dries or Bourque, too bad they didn't exercise it, maybe they wanted to save it I dunno.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad