GDT: [Game 3] April 17: Ducks @ Flames - 8:00pm MT (TV: CBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
I've never been this angry at a hockey game in my life. I wasn't watching live. I really want the league to explain to me why that 2nd goal wasn't a ****ing high stick. The goal after and the winner were both just flukey ****ing **** goals. The flames just weren't meant to win at all this playoffs with those kinds of bounces.

western redmen

the forgotten owskis
Jun 7, 2012
Gaudreau's been garbage. A few bad angle shots doesn't change that. We hap multiple chances to make something happen, instead he makes the wrong choice/freezes up. Weak weak weak.

We are clearly seeing something different with gaudreau here, whatever no point arguing about this. Nevertheless, the team did a pretty good job defensively, this loss is on elliot and no one else

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
the interference no goal followed by the immaculate deflection in game 2 compounded w today's hilarity makes for a good storybook . Flames in 7

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Lol Backlund has been invisible, other than his shorty, and when he gives up the puck. Gaudreau makes the wrong choice every time, bad angle? Shoot. No open man? Pass. Also can't enter the zone to save his life, dishes the puck like a hot potato because he's scared to get hit. Elliott's been bad too.

If you think Backlund's been invisible, you haven't been watching him at all. He was rough for half of the first game. Since then he's been one of the only forwards putting out a consistent effort and getting decent results. You know who's been invisible? Tkachuk. Tough for the Flames' checking line to get anything done when only two of the three players are actively doing anything. "Here, go up against Ryan Getzlaf and also the ghost of Matthew Tkachuk is going to hang out somewhere on the ice."

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Backlund hasn't been invisible, but he hasn't been as good as he should be either.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Me too. Something seems different about him this season for sure, but I have never been quite able to put my finger on it. Maybe it's just that he has been less clutch.

Spends most of his time on literal left wing instead of trusting his instincts to cut through the middle or sneak into the right circle. Structure is killing him. Not unlike Brodie, a RD forced to play LD.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Versteeg-Bennett-Chiasson
Mangiapane-Jankowski-Hathaway

Gio-Dougie
Brodie-Stone
Kylington-Andersson

Gillies

For game 4 please

The faux-common sense preachers will have a field day with it, but it's moves like this that win you championships. Sheary, Rust, Murray, Dumoulin. Teravainen. etc.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Everyone has been pretty bad at stick puck this series, except for maybe Monahan.

Nobody's stepped up at all which is the most disappointing

I've liked Versteeg, Chiasson and Bennett's game a lot. They stepped up to the best of their abilties. Our top guys though, not at all

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Monahan and Bennett have definitely stepped up. Gaudreau has looked better the last two games but he's been so snake bitten, it's like he's afraid to shoot.

We need to get better on faceoffs, and it's not just the centermen either; the wingers need to get in there and win the draws for us like the Ducks wingers do.

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012
Reunite Ferland with Stajan again? What's more useful sniper Ferland or bulldozer Ferland?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Gio and Monahan have been good

Agreed. Gio has been a defensive stalwart and Monahan has elevated his two-way game a lot. I don't think he'll ever be the player to create his own goals from nothing but the way he was stickhandling this series was something I haven't seen from him before

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
was at the game and you could just see the disgust in everyone's face. i cant believe what i witnessed and still cant believe it.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
honestly, have 0 words for this one....

DOMINATE the 1st and most of the 2nd......
and then in typical flames fashion the wheels on the bus fall off off off....

Monahan, Versteeg, Gio, Ferland, and even benny and Johnny looked great, team played well.

but then stupid ****-**** calls/non calls and our team laying a big PHAT ONE.....leads to us losing and being down 3-0 in the series WHEN WE WERE UP 4-1....this is like that leafs collapse years ago vs the B's(except not in game 7 tho it might as well be)....

like..... what even...?

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
On the bright side, even if the Anaheim Mighty Lucks complete the asterisweep, TJ Brodie can't finish this year's playoffs below ppg.

#thereisnorealbrightsideeverythingsucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad