GDT: [Game 3] April 17: Ducks @ Flames - 8:00pm MT (TV: CBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Probable Line-ups

CGY_zpsh0w10vul.png

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Versteeg - Bennett - Chiasson
Bouma - Stajan - Brouwer

Giordano - Hamilton
Brodie - Stone
Bartkowski - Engelland

Elliott

AHM_zpsgq6w23ht.png

Rackell - Getzlaf - Eaves
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
Ritchie - Vermette - Perry
Wagner - Thompson - Shaw

Vatanen - Manson
Lindholm - Montour
Theodore - Bieksa

Gibson

Go-Flames-Go3_zpsmuhqeuxj.gif

Last edited:

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I would like to see some Playoff Intensity in this game. Not sure about you guys, but this series has seemed more regular season than playoff like. I'm hoping the Flames have another gear, can win this game, and get that swagger back they had in March.

Go Flames Go!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Play as solid as you have been over the past two games, and this series is far from over (minus the time spent in the box and dumb line changes, don't do that). You were the better team; now just go out and prove it.

Calgary gets the match-ups they want at home; so I expect the Mony line to be flying tonight.

Just win. I don't care how. Just win. If they lose tonight, series' over.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Also.
That third pairing. Just don't. They swing momentum every time they hit the ice; Flames can be hemming the Ducks in their own zone for 3 shifts straight, the 3rd pairing comes over the boards, and it's in our zone in a complete fire-drill. Bartkowski simply isn't a high level NHL defenceman you can play against a team with three dangerous lines; and Engelland has no ability to make up for Bart's deficiencies, while bringing in his own as well.

Keys to the game:
1) Stay out of box
2) Play third pairing only deep in the offensive zone against Anaheim's 4th line
3) Keep playing the way they have been when not on the PK.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Please win. Also, i am hoping the Dome is rocking tonight.The boys need the support and energy from the home crowd.

The 2 games were very close ones and we could have very well come home 1-1 in the series.

GO FLAMES GO

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Disappointed if those lineups hold and Bouma stays in.

His role is to be a defensively sound, high energy wrecking ball. Last game i was cursing him the first half for not being the energy ball, then the last period because he couldn't make a defensively (or offensively for that matter) sound play to save his life.

Get one of the young guys in there (Lazar, Hathaway or Hamilton). SOMEONE who will earn their ice time in that bottom line role. I may have not like Chaisson's game either but at least he wasn't as large a liability.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Also.
That third pairing. Just don't. They swing momentum every time they hit the ice; Flames can be hemming the Ducks in their own zone for 3 shifts straight, the 3rd pairing comes over the boards, and it's in our zone in a complete fire-drill. Bartkowski simply isn't a high level NHL defenceman you can play against a team with three dangerous lines; and Engelland has no ability to make up for Bart's deficiencies, while bringing in his own as well.

I'm hoping having the last change helps mitigate that tire fire. You are absolutely right the ice tilted HARD each time they were out there.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
Don't give up a crappy first goal and stay out of the box. We are better at 5 on 5 and should be able to beat them.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

In other breaking news, water continues to be wet

In all seriousness, I kind of see where Guluztan is coming from; outside of the bottom pairing, the roster wasn't exactly terrible in either of the two Anaheim games. All they need to do is stay disciplined and not have Elliott start the game like it was October.

On the other hand, Guluztan really needs to stop with overplaying the bottom pairing/fourth line so much. The Flames have arguably one of the best top-fours in the league; it's just asinine not to exploit that. Putting some more points into the line matching skill set wouldn't hurt either.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Our success in this homestand hinges on continuing to keep Cogliano and Kesler quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille