Post-Game Talk: GAME 29 - TD GARDEN has become the Leafs BLACK HOLE - BRUINS 6 Hogtown 3 FINAL

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Yeah, it's in the league's hands to tell him to shut the **** up and sit the **** down. He whines more than anyone and he's consistently one of the dirtiest pieces of **** on the ice.
But as much as i hate Kadri... he is probably right. Wagner hit and Hyman’s hit are probably text book of what the league is pretending wanting to banish. Bad referee and the nature of hockey will always bring that kind of hit. When emotion comes up high in the game we can feel the animosity and players need to get their heads up, cause it will come.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Good to see the B's step up. Cheap hit on McAvoy. Great to see Grizz's and Wagner's response. And Backes delivered a big hit behind their net just after that too. And Carlo dropping them with Kadri.

Backes has been playing much better of late. Need more of that. Great to see all the scorers. Heinen, JFK, Donato etc.

We are 1-0 in the Gemel Smith era. :D

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
But as much as i hate Kadri... he is probably right. Wagner hit and Hyman’s hit are probably text book of what the league is pretending wanting to banish. Bad referee and the nature of hockey will always bring that kind of hit. When emotion comes up high in the game we can feel the animosity and players need to get their heads up, cause it will come.

While I agree, the point is Kadri looks like an idiot for not calling out both hits. Wagner's hit was a direct result of Hyman hitting McAvoy well after he played the puck. Hyman was targetting McAvoy as soon as McAvoy eluded one of his hits early in the game, and there's no need for that hit. Kadri, being as stupid as he is, is bitching about a hit that never would have happened had Hyman not thrown that dirty hit. Kadri, the guy who intentionally jumped into Wingels' head while he was on his knees, is bitching about something no where near as dirty as plays he's made in the past. Live by the sword, die by the sword. He needs to shut his f***ing mouth because he's downright embarrassing to listen to.

Reactions: Bruhin

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
While I agree, the point is Kadri looks like an idiot for not calling out both hits. Wagner's hit was a direct result of Hyman hitting McAvoy well after he played the puck. Hyman was targetting McAvoy as soon as McAvoy eluded one of his hits early in the game, and there's no need for that hit. Kadri, being as stupid as he is, is *****ing about a hit that never would have happened had Hyman not thrown that dirty hit. Kadri, the guy who intentionally jumped into Wingels' head while he was on his knees, is *****ing about something no where near as dirty as plays he's made in the past. Live by the sword, die by the sword. He needs to shut his ****ing mouth because he's downright embarrassing to listen to.
I am not saying his is not a pos...neither he should have call Hyman hit etc.., we all know Kadri is a dirty player. But the same could be said on alot of players and posters... saying something when on the receiving side and ignoring it or applauding it when on the given side.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I am not saying his is not a pos...neither he should have call Hyman hit etc.., we all know Kadri is a dirty player. But the same could be said on alot of players and posters... saying something when on the receiving side and ignoring it or applauding it when on the given side.

That's a good point also. I still think he should shut it. He always chimes in when another player throws a dirty hit and he ends up looking and sounding like an idiot.

Reactions: nords1995

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I'm going to sneak onto the Leafs board and see their reaction :laugh:

Pure class over there.

Some of them are still looking for the review of the Gryz crosschecking major because there must be something there even though there's no evidence of that whatsoever.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Agree with almost what is said except saying vicious hit and clean hit in the same post is contrary opinion in my pov. Wagner hit was vicious as i beleive it was. On the given side we love those kind of hit, especially when answering a previous dirty hit.... retaliation and emotion. I have no problem with that hit. It is a contact sport and until referee in this league is good and coherent, you will need this kind of answer. But pretending like some that that hit was not viscous and intended by Wagner is having pink eyes. I am all for responding to dirty hit and why i am avocating for Bruins to be bigger. As for Hainsey, he looked like a clown. I am also not sure Hyman wouldn’t probably not have hit 73 if Chara in on the ice.
I disagree. I think a hit can be both vicious and clean. We saw Lucic throw dozens of vicious, shoulder separating hits that didn’t break any of the rules of engagement. I think the hit Giroux put on Krejci in the 2009 playoffs was both vicious and clean (and very similar to Wagner’s hit). The hip check Subban put on Marchand a few years back was vicious and clean. Both of those hits were targeted, deliberate and resulted in injuries but they did not break any rules. Sometimes grown men hit to hurt. It’s a fact of life and part of the game.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
This is in a section talking about the Gemel Smith signing from a Leaf fan. Thinly veiled to slide but I dunno

He's going to be treated well by those great Boston fans!

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Amazing how the most intelligent fan base couldn’t see a blatant and obvious suspension

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
2 games for Hyman. That's about right.

Can't f***ing believe it to be honest. The heard of dimwits (NHL, Dops) finally got something right. Here we have a POS who is targeting a division rival player, whom has just returned from a concussion, with a cheap, late hit that really serves no purpose other than to injure (kick a man while he's down) total dirt bag play. These things usually go way over the heads of (NHL, Dops) unless of course it applies to an insignificant player such as Hyman. Lets us not kid ourselves, there aren't many Leafs who would have suffered the same fate.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I disagree. I think a hit can be both vicious and clean. We saw Lucic throw dozens of vicious, shoulder separating hits that didn’t break any of the rules of engagement. I think the hit Giroux put on Krejci in the 2009 playoffs was both vicious and clean (and very similar to Wagner’s hit). The hip check Subban put on Marchand a few years back was vicious and clean. Both of those hits were targeted, deliberate and resulted in injuries but they did not break any rules. Sometimes grown men hit to hurt. It’s a fact of life and part of the game.

Hits should only occur to separate player from puck and for no other reason. Hits should not EVER
have the intention to injure any player. Hard to distinguish, maybe so . But not in the case of Hyman on MacAvoy.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

A clean hit is a clean hit, hit that can hurt or not. For me, a viscious hit is illegal, it is intended to hurt, injured and opponent. Hitting in hockey is meant for puck separation from the player.... not to target an opponent and try to hurt him.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
A clean hit is a clean hit, hit that can hurt or not. For me, a viscious hit is illegal, it is intended to hurt, injured and opponent. Hitting in hockey is meant for puck separation from the player.... not to target an opponent and try to hurt him.

That's funny, because is the fighting thread I've heard that instead of fighting, you should target them with a big, but legal hit.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Leaf fans are the drunk guy Lahey trying to get anyone on the phone to listen to them about how innocent Hyman is and how dirty the Bruins are. Randy is everyone else watching this and cringing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad