Post-Game Talk: GAME 29 - TD GARDEN has become the Leafs BLACK HOLE - BRUINS 6 Hogtown 3 FINAL

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well, as first games at the garden go, that was about as good as I could have hoped for! Great game, great atmosphere and great people. I love that your sporting events feel like a party! The particular highlight of the night for us was the guy next to us screaming for blood and shouting "old time hockey" after every hit/scrum/fight :laugh:
That was @DKH

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I should have seen that game coming. The Walmart grocery pickup guys gave me a goodie bag yesterday with this in it. Leafs fans do tend to drive me bananas.
20181209_103325.jpg

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Well NHL does not think so cause it was inside .06.But personally I wish he had of hit him better even if suspended
I read the hit was past the .6 second mark. I thought almost a full second. Could be wrong. I don't think Mac got hit in the head. I'm going to guess no suspension since he wasn't hit in the head, and came back.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I read the hit was past the .6 second mark. I thought almost a full second. Could be wrong. I don't think Mac got hit in the head. I'm going to guess no suspension since he wasn't hit in the head, and he came back. It was a cheap dirty hit, and he should be suspended but DOPS will have some lame excuse.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
It sure is convenient that noted tough guy Zach Hyman turned into an enforcer in a game in which Chara and Miller weren't playing. Take the number. McAvoy is no slouch in the hitting department either so I expect payback at some point in his career.

As a side note, I honestly enjoy it when the Leafs aren't bottom-feeding, tanking, basement-dwelling nobodies, because it gives them hope. Hope that will ultimately be crushed.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
McAvoy is really good at hockey

If he can dominate the PP does this make Krug expendable?

God I love Krug, but I just don't see a place on him for this team by the 20-21 season. I'd love to keep him, but if we do trade him, I'd also love to see us getting a young center that has potential beyond a 3rd line center spot.

Reactions: Skelen

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Watching the condensed game, Hyman was targeting McAvoy the whole game. Defiantly targeted him on the late hit.

Stuff like this should be considered by the DOPS when considering taking any action. If it's clear someone was going after a player the entire game, you can't simply look at the individual hit on its own.

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
For his punishment he has to take off that windshield sized visor off his helmet the next time they play the Bruins with Chara and Miller in the line up.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
none of this crap happens with chara in the lineup.
since he went down teams are taking our stars out one by one.
surprised marchand hasnt been bundled yet.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Kadri complaining about Wagner’s hit “That’s the type of hit they show us in preseason that we’re not supposed to do. It’s in the league’s hands now”

The delusion goes all the way up the ladder

Yeah, it's in the league's hands to tell him to shut the f*** up and sit the f*** down. He whines more than anyone and he's consistently one of the dirtiest pieces of shit on the ice.

Reactions: Chief Nine

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
The hit on McAvoy was timed at .97 seconds after he released the puck and I believe the Office of Player Safety deems the official cut off for a late hit at .6 seconds. Pretty cut and dried there.

Wagner's hit was vicious and old school. Call me a homer cave man but I love that he went after their best D after the dirty hit on McAvoy. I haven't seen enough slow mo video to know if he crossed any lines but at first glance it looked clean to me. Head on, so it wasn't blind side. I didn't think he launched or got his elbows up but again, haven't seen a slow mo version yet so won't claim to be an authority on it.

That said, I thought Hainsey embarrassed himself in the ensuing fight. Acting like "come on, come on" while backpedaling as fast as he could... he backed himself into a corner, then got dropped. He would have had my respect if he just stuck up for Reilly but all the theatrics only to get dropped was laughable.
Agree with almost what is said except saying vicious hit and clean hit in the same post is contrary opinion in my pov. Wagner hit was vicious as i beleive it was. On the given side we love those kind of hit, especially when answering a previous dirty hit.... retaliation and emotion. I have no problem with that hit. It is a contact sport and until referee in this league is good and coherent, you will need this kind of answer. But pretending like some that that hit was not viscous and intended by Wagner is having pink eyes. I am all for responding to dirty hit and why i am avocating for Bruins to be bigger. As for Hainsey, he looked like a clown. I am also not sure Hyman wouldn’t probably not have hit 73 if Chara in on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad