Post-Game Talk: GAME 29 - TD GARDEN has become the Leafs BLACK HOLE - BRUINS 6 Hogtown 3 FINAL

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
It's baffling to me how anybody can say things like that. I hope they got banned.

Fat chance, their mods protect. This board has become a joke when it comes to discipline

At least @Gee Wally is firm and fair with us but lays the hammer down when we deserve it. I would hope a bruins poster would get severe consequences posting something like that

That fan base deserves another 50 years in the dark

Reactions: Bergyesque and BMC

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Even when you stop this frame by frame it's a clean hit. Leafs may not have liked it, but clean. Skates are on the ice, Wagner was in full glide and only came off the ice after the hit to the shoulder. Rielly's head is down with the puck in his feet, he has possession. I can't believe they called a charge on it, they should have got Hainsey for initiating. Why were they both given 10 as well?
I am not sure you would have love that hit on Pastrnak...from a leafs player.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
And I'm sure leaf fans would of loved that Hyman hit on Matthews goes both ways
Yes .. you are right. So my point is all the emotion going thru a hit and when you are on the giving side, most will appreciate it like the Leafs fan on the Hyman hit. Most fans will have a different view when their team is on the receiving side.... like we are overlooking the Hyman hit. ( still a suspendsble hit in my pov)

I think that these kind of hit will always be part of the game, especially in a best of 4 series where hate, retaliation and emotion will be there.

Hyman hit was a retaliation hit from my understanding. That is why Boston needs to be bigger upfront. This game was against a soft Leafs teams. Playing Winnipeg and/or Washington type of tesm will be a nightmare.

Won’t avoid these hits, but we need to be more often on the giving side then the receiving end.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The hit on McAvoy was timed at .97 seconds after he released the puck and I believe the Office of Player Safety deems the official cut off for a late hit at .6 seconds. Pretty cut and dried there.

Wagner's hit was vicious and old school. Call me a homer cave man but I love that he went after their best D after the dirty hit on McAvoy. I haven't seen enough slow mo video to know if he crossed any lines but at first glance it looked clean to me. Head on, so it wasn't blind side. I didn't think he launched or got his elbows up but again, haven't seen a slow mo version yet so won't claim to be an authority on it.

That said, I thought Hainsey embarrassed himself in the ensuing fight. Acting like "come on, come on" while backpedaling as fast as he could... he backed himself into a corner, then got dropped. He would have had my respect if he just stuck up for Reilly but all the theatrics only to get dropped was laughable.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Gotta say, it was a pleasure to watch this defense with McAvoy, Krug, Carlo, Moore and Gryz. They were the difference in the game.

Nice to see Heinen get off the schneid too. That was a gorgeous, confident goal so hopefully that puts some pep back in his step.

Both he and Heinen, often chided, deservedly so, for only playing at one gear all the time , stepped it up I thought last night

Would have liked the game to end 6-1 for a really brutal win, bruins went on their heals a bit shell shocked after Mack was hit, but a wins a win and hopefully the kid wakes up feeling good today

Reactions: PlayMakers

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yah we had Leafs fans in back of us in their early 20’s and my daughter & nephew spent every break yapping with them like they all knew each other for years
In the years I have had ST the best visiting fans have always been the Leaf fans (and there are usually many of them).

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Just here to see what those who've **** on this team for the last few days have to say tonight.

giphy.gif
Nobody was shitting on the team, just giving their honest opinion on a freakin message board. Grow up.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
On a good note, that Leafs team is fully healthy and they suck. They aren’t a threat at all in the playoffs. Fraud team

Loved Wagner crushing Reilly in response.

McAvoy had a great game

I loved it. That's exactly what needs to happen anytime a skilled Bruin player is targeted. That's what we mean by PUSH BACK.

Reactions: BMC and Oates2Neely

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I am not sure you would have love that hit on Pastrnak...from a leafs player.

Nope, didnt like it last week when Krejci got stepped up on in the neutral zone either and got laid out, but it was a clean hit. Just like that was a clean hit.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Rewached the game. Some tidbits:

Vintage Backes, his best game of the season.
McAvoy defensive awareness is underrated.
Heinen can do it on both sides, created offense and bailed out Donato couple of times.
Carlo's skating not at the level as pre injury.
Krug with Kampfer on PK is a disaster.
Krug's unwillingness to shoot one timer is maddening.
Donato is a defensive liability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad