Post-Game Talk: GAME 29 - TD GARDEN has become the Leafs BLACK HOLE - BRUINS 6 Hogtown 3 FINAL

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Well written. I don’t disagree with you. But you still miss my point.

Then I guess your point was just to play devil's advocate and blame the Bruin as much as the Leaf? Because if you agree with me, that completely contradicts your comments on the Wagner hit. Wagner's hit was clean, no matter what side you are on. Was it predatory, targeting, vicious? That's where it gets subjective. But it was most certainly "clean" by league rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: GloryDaze4877

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Then I guess your point was just to play devil's advocate and blame the Bruin as much as the Leaf? Because if you agree with me, that completely contradicts your comments on the Wagner hit. Wagner's hit was clean, no matter what side you are on. Was it predatory, targeting, vicious? That's where it gets subjective. But it was most certainly "clean" by league rules.

Rule 42 - Charging
42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player
who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.
Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of
distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A
“charge” may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal
frame or in open ice.

In my pov this could apply to Wagner hit and any visceous hit. It remains subject to referee interpretation in my pov. NHL lack consistancy regarding these hits and alot of the game facets are frequently pointed out be alot of fan base.

Now am i for or against these hits is irrelevant. I am all for Bruins to be bigger. I was a fan of McQuaid, Lucic and Thornton cause I think Hockey and intimidation are close brothers. But fan base being on the receiving side will view the Wagner hit differently than the fan base on the given side. Washinton are screaming on the Reaves hit on Wilson, while league didn`t have a hearing regarding it. Was it clean... no it wasn`t in my pov. Am I right, following league decision : no. The same hit given by Wilson ( à la Reaves on Wilson) on Pastrnak and most Bruins fan (including myself) would be screaming. Perspective, interpretation is all what I am saying. My pov is that Wagner hit was not clean at all, but was a response to previous hits, game emotion etc...

That is one reason I would like the Bruins to be bigger....

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
No need to define charging, I played the game. Wagner stopped striding and coasted into the hit. Not charging, but the game was a shit show by then, so the refs handed out the penalties. But hey, I'll go along with the charging call. Even if it was legit, it was most certainly not suspendable, which is what the other fanbase you seem so intent on letting off the hook is saying.

And by the way, you keep missing our point, a hit can be retaliatory, predatory, and vicious, and still not be illegal, or even considered dirty. They are not mutually exclusive. Case in point, Ference hitting Ott was vicious (just look at it), retaliatory (Ott had been running guys all game), and predatory (he caught him with his head down from the blind side). It was also clean as a whistle.

. . . and Ference answered the bell for it, like he should. As I said, let the players worry about the subjective nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: MetM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad