Post-Game Talk: Game # 29 Rangers @ Capitals - 7pm EST - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
This one tastes more sour than most.
I hate raisins in my foods. I love raisins, but the texture is something that’s a total turnoff in foods. I hate it when I think I’m eating a chocolate chip cookie only to find those “chocolate chips” are raisins. this game tasted like a good cookie, but I knew there was a very good chance thered be raisins in it, and it was. so I hate eating it, but I kinda expected it. it was a horrific loss for sure, but hard to say it’s more sour than usual when I had a bad feeling this would happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYRFANMANI

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
BOOOOOOOOO

iu

THE GEORGIEV SPECIAL

Our PP is so bad. You knew after that PP, Washington was going to score.

Their goalie played better and we were weak in front of our net on those 2 goals
Their goalie was terrific. That was the difference. We pot one more of those terrific chances and Georgiev stops one of those dunks (well, throws #8 one fewer alley-oop pass, should say) and we’re laughing. Instead we’re cooked by a pretty pedestrian Caps team.

Reactions: duhmetreE

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
What a headcase and headache. George has 1 more year left on his contract to keep his career from going down the hill. Clearly doesn't have the mental fortitude we've seen from NHL calibre goalies. He's got other things but boy.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Capitals had so few chances that the save of the game was Georgiev's first save of the game that wouldn't register as a high quality shot. Then Georgiev overplayed two shots, I think the second one was a rebound that he gave up too and the defense wasn't great on two shots and we're blaming the f***ing defense.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I didn't like how out of position he was on the first goal but Ovechkin from there is beating two goalies.

the first goal was unlucky. That shot was like 1000 feet wide.

he overplayed the second and kicked it right into the happy zone. This is why he is what he is.

It’s weird to say, but this loss is 1000000 times more satisfying than the wins they had against Buffalo and NJ earlier this month where they got their teeth kicked in and happened to win. If they do this on the regular, they’re going to win a ton.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Laf can literally not make a tape to tape pass - disappointing so far
Maybe he needs to see his parents and sister or something. Kid is pretty decent at backchecking for a 19 year old but other than that I really don't see any jump in his game.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
They're a young team. Everyone wanted a rebuild, nobody wants to actually watch it.

They're playing with more structure now than they were when they were contending. They just need to figure out the offensive side of the game within a structure.

disagree. their mental makeup is far more of a concern than the overall play. when it’s time to compete, you have to have confidence the team won’t fall apart after giving up the game tying goal. you have to play a full 60 minutes. and when you face adversify, you have to find ways to overcome it, and this team is horrendous about that. yes, they’ve done it at times, but more often than not they just wither away. that’s a youth problem as you said, but it’s also more importantly a culture problem that goes beyond the team and even david quinn.

G46

Jan 10, 2021
We know who our staring goalie is. He wasn't playing tonight.

The goalie should be expected to keep his net. You honestly can’t expect an NHL goalie to lose his net like this twice in a span of 5 minutes. Georgiev cost his team the game. He’s yet to win his team a game this year.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Snowblind, I had to listen to you preach to everyone else from the goddamn stratosphere about overreactions and misery no less than twenty-four hours ago.

So help me God, man. :laugh:

We're not as bad as our record. In fact this team has played like a legit playoff team probably in 80% of their games. Their goaltending has sunk them. Even Igor in the beginning against the Pens. This team is good enough to be a playoff team but they'll get some scrub 3rd liner between picks 10 and 15 this year. That's what we'll have to show for this season. Georgiev is trash. Kinkaid is trash. And Igor seems to have way too many injuries already in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad