• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
525as0.jpg
And a sweep of the Caps "without him", (as sent from the hockey Gods) should make quite the statement.
Again, did they win it "for him", or "despite him"?

Reactions: Kupo

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I was very close to just playing video games instead.

Also what’s a “date”?
A date is that sweet fruit with a pit, my dear sir. I cut them in half, roll a half a slice of bacon around it and bake on 400° for 30 minutes. An amazing appetizer and is even amazingly tasty cold.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I think the idea that this was much different from Quinn was exaggerated but Knoblauch did do a better job keeping his lines organized. I think that helps.
Oh yeah, and dont forget......not ONE too many men penalty. What does that say about a coach that has ZERO Experience with most of these players. Then again, it was an anomaly game. Doesnt hapoen everyday, must suck to be a Flyer fan right now. Even Keith Jones was destroying his "team", as the worst Flyers game he has seen in a very long time.

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
To me Mika had a covid problem that took away his legs. Getting them back now is showing his game is back in totality. No legs, No game.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
We dont have too much time to bask in this victory, so hurry up and enjoy it. Crap on those Flyers and their crappy fans as much and as often as you like.
Revenge for that shootout loss, that caused us to NOT make the PO's.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
this game was much more about philly looking like garbage. they just weren’t defending. we were so open so often. and you have the feeling this team will rest on their laurels of this game and lay a couple of goose eggs against washington.

I want this team to be better. I want this team to actually be competitive in a couple years. I hope this is a huge comfidence booster for mika because he so desperately needs it.

agreed. I don’t want to be negative because that was absolutely amazing. But let’s not pretend that we are good all of a sudden. We were giving up plenty of wide open chances in the first.

That said, obviously this is a different team with the real Mika. That’s probably been the single biggest point of failure this year. Vanilla Ryan Strome being our best center.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
All right. So Mika has 100% of the votes thus far, but WHO was the ONE person that only gave out "2 stars"? Show your face! Seriously man? Couldnt make the effort to give a 3rd star out? What? Buch, Panarin, Strome, Kreider, Trouba, Lindgren, Georgiev and others didnt deserve one?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Sorry, my comment was sarcastic and last night was just an illustration of how important real Zibanejad is to the whole group along with Panarin, who while being good, was lost to the Rangers for over 40% of the season to date which is HUGE. Combine just these two factors together and is it really surprising (or need to find blame elsewhere) that the team is where it is at the moment (and maybe goaltending is a close third).

Not surprising at all. Mika, Panarin, and Fox make this team go.

Reactions: kovazub94

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I well remember the game they referenced last night when the Rangers defeated the California Golden Seals 12-1 in 1971. I was a season ticket holder in the old blue seats, section 432, row B, seat 9. I remember the Seals goalie, Gilles Meloche, who went on to have a fine career, but was very young at the time, leaving the ice literally in tears. Shots on goal were 52-16. . Jean Ratelle had four goals but it was Gene Carr's two goals and two assists I remember most. I think we had just gotten him in a trade and we all thought he was going to have a great career. Didn't happen. The height of the Francis era.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I well remember the game they referenced last night when the Rangers defeated the California Golden Seals 12-1 in 1971. I was a season ticket holder in the old blue seats, section 432, row B, seat 9. I remember the Seals goalie, Gilles Meloche, who went on to have a fine career, but was very young at the time, leaving the ice literally in tears. Shots on goal were 52-16. . Jean Ratelle had four goals but it was Gene Carr's two goals and two assists I remember most. I think we had just gotten him in a trade and we all thought he was going to have a great career. Didn't happen. The height of the Francis era.
That is pretty well to the day when I started cheering for them....likely the 12 goals reeled me in from the newspaper headlines the following day . That was the end of my Leaf cheering days . There has been many a lean year though...certainly not all glorious being a Ranger fan in Hab/Leaf territory.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I mean, to some extent, its definitely the bolded part.

This is not black and white, but this year -- especially in light of the PO fiasco last season -- we have without any single doubt played a lot more North-South than East-West by design.

Chris Kreider said these things on 31 January: Rangers Roundup: Goalies need to step up, Chris Kreider openly frustrated with teammates, and more - Forever Blueshirts: A site for New York Rangers fanatics

If we look at how we played after those comments -- we really bought into DQs model and moved the puck N-S. From my point of view, we overdid those changes something extreme, and it really cost us a lot of offense. Again -- these things are not black and white -- but when you play like that you will basically only walk away with wins against teams that shoots themselves in the foot. It is as simple as that. At least when you don't got a team that is "not" built like the Islanders.

After the first games after those comments and the way the team bought into DQs gameplan, I commented on this very topic. Its one thing to discuss which style is the best to play, but if you play like that you cannot expect to get much scoring from your stars and kids.

View attachment 409311

View attachment 409309

View attachment 409312

And it was at that point I started to spam posts that management must be held accountable, because it was super obvious (a) what would happen (the top guys wouldn't score, the kids wouldn't score) and (b) that management would blame it on the players for not scoring. That was also exactly what happened.

I mean, this is another things were management run from accountability. Imagine if you are a player. You play a way that is necessary. Meanwhile you got a coach that after every game critizise you for it, despite that you almost are on pace to score 60 goals for Ziba the previous year or 130 pts for Panarin, the coach goes "if you would ONLY DO this and that". Then you do exactly that, scoring is affected significantly, and management jumps on you and blame you for not scoring. Sure -- it buys management time, but how will it affect the players' opinion of management? Its not a worry for management -- because they are never held accountable for anything. They can completely torpedo the top players offensive game -- and then blame the offensive players for not scoring. One of many many examples right now. This is why I blew a fuse earlier, appologize for that. But it doesn't change the underlying issue for me, if anything is unacceptable its this and and DQ is responsible for it and Gorton, JD, Drury and co are overseeing him.

@Ola I don't know if you overcomplicate or oversimplify things. Straight forward - the system that coach install allows Zibanejad and Panarin lines each to produce sufficiently at the first line levels at ES. Third line should produce some goals too but there's a lot less pressure on them and constantly improved Chytil seems to be doing just fine. So again, I have no idea of why Quinn is blamed for stifling creativity rather than looking at games that Panarin missed and Zibanejad was recovering from covid. That simple.

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
Damn
I was so tired from work i slept thru the whole game
Luckily i taped it and watched it this morning
Amazing win
#firequinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad