Post-Game Talk: Game #28 Rangers vs Flyers 03/17/2021

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I was there. Right before the lockdown. It’s the only game I’ve seen in person in like 2 years. Glad I saw a good one at least
I think Zibad had even a better game last night.

Amazing you were there that night, being the only game you attended in years. You might as well not even bother to attend any mores games after that one. LOL! Unless of course we make it to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

I don't think there was ever,... a more exciting regular season game the Rangers played. Zibad winning it in OT was just such a storybook ending. You'd be hard pressed to write a Fairy Tale so uplifting.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
philly played like hot garbage. it was so much more about philly sucking than our actual performance. and philly gave up entirely after like goal 5, and played pretty badly before then. even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. I don’t think we’re “bad”, we struggle so hard to string 3 or 4 really good performances. And even the tiniest bit of adversity and we fold like a cheap suit. The game last night was an absolute massacre, and I hope it’s a turning point for the team, but I’m extremely concerned we’re gonna lay at least one egg against Washington over the next two games. I want this team to do well, but taking advantage of a team that played so much worse than we played well gives a misleading story. The next two games are so incredibly crucial for us, and I’m terrified.
I couldn't agree more with what you said. You have stated well the worry the next two games. Consistency has been baffling. But one thing that may be different this time, is that Zibad is back. He has finally come around to being the superstar we know him to be. And if any player in this league can string along dominating performances, I'd take him over anyone. He looks like he's finally over his COVID experience. Some have lingering effects from this virus. His timing was off, and reportedly lost a few pounds.

I know from my COVID experience, I only suffered two days. But it wasn't until a week later, that I finally felt like my old self. My head wasn't clear. And I lost a few pounds also, which in my case was a benefit. I actually felt better after COVID than I did before catching the virus. As strange as that might sound, it was true. Mika might have had a similar but longer lasting experience. They say after having COVID, to not get tested for at least 3 months after, because it can take that long to shed the virus. And in that time you might test positive and have to isolate again. Whether it was COVID or something else,.. It's clear Zibad is back, and expect we will see more of what we saw last night. Having our team leader back could go a long way in being more consistent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
These player-trackers were not transparent and blocked players and moving puck. It’s fine for the post game highlights but not in the game, at least not more than a single second.
Cant believe that ANYONE with a half a brain, would believe this, to be a positive in watching a hockey game.
Thats what announcers are for. Even the most novice watcher, would prefer to SEE the play and players, even if they dont know which player is which.
Nobody can "track" all the players at once, but you can certainly focus on a few at a time (depending on if the camera has them in the picture)

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I couldn't agree more with what you said. You have stated well the worry the next two games. Consistency has been baffling. But one thing that may be different this time, is that Zibad is back. He has finally come around to being the superstar we know him to be. And if any player in this league can string along dominating performances, I'd take him over anyone. He looks like he's finally over his COVID experience. Some have lingering effects from this virus. His timing was off, and reportedly lost a few pounds.

I know from my COVID experience, I only suffered two days. But it wasn't until a week later, that I finally felt like my old self. My head wasn't clear. And I lost a few pounds also, which in my case was a benefit. I actually felt better after COVID than I did before catching the virus. As strange as that might sound, it was true. Mika might have had a similar but longer lasting experience. They say after having COVID, to not get tested for at least 3 months after, because it can take that long to shed the virus. And in that time you might test positive and have to isolate again. Whether it was COVID or something else,.. It's clear Zibad is back, and expect we will see more of what we saw last night. Having our team leader back could go a long way in being more consistent.

You say that with the assumption Mika is actually back. There have been several times this season where Mika has has a solid game and we proclaim he’s back, only for him to shit the bed the next couple of games. Obviously the performances haven’t been like this, but we’ve thought he’s been out of it for a while.

Will Mika perform like the Mika of old when the opposition actually plays defense? This team and its individual players outside of Panarin really struggle to string together 3 or 4 games. Or they might but then be hot garbage the next 3 or 4. Mika has been garbage more often than not, but he’s had some good games. The game against Washington tonight will be crucial.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
You say that with the assumption Mika is actually back. There have been several times this season where Mika has has a solid game and we proclaim he’s back, only for him to shit the bed the next couple of games. Obviously the performances haven’t been like this, but we’ve thought he’s been out of it for a while.

Will Mika perform like the Mika of old when the opposition actually plays defense? This team and its individual players outside of Panarin really struggle to string together 3 or 4 games. Or they might but then be hot garbage the next 3 or 4. Mika has been garbage more often than not, but he’s had some good games. The game against Washington tonight will be crucial.
He's Robert DeNiro in Awakenings

Awajenings

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I think Zibad had even a better game last night.

Amazing you were there that night, being the only game you attended in years. You might as well not even bother to attend any mores games after that one. LOL! Unless of course we make it to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

I don't think there was ever,... a more exciting regular season game the Rangers played. Zibad winning it in OT was just such a storybook ending. You'd be hard pressed to write a Fairy Tale so uplifting.
I barely get to go to games. On average I go to about 1-2 per season.

But somehow, I managed to be there for Zib's 5 goal performance and and the Marek Malik shootout way back in 05. That was incredible!

There's been other memorable games I've attended, like seeing them stave off elimination against Capitals once, and they ended up winning that series. But playoff games are always "significant" and they're always super memorable.

But for regular season games, I saw two of the most memorable regular season moments at the garden in the last 16 years. I consider myself very lucky.

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad