Post-Game Talk: Game #28 Rangers vs Flyers 03/17/2021

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
Hey boys. That was fun. Nothing wrong with a little coach hate from the boys on the ice. It shows me that Quinn is doing something right. The boys looked like the guys we wanted from Edmonton all those years ago. Now if Kakko would drive the net with our number one pick, whatever the heck his name is again, maybe we would have a contender here.

Happy for George too.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I did say a few days ago he/Quinn should give the bench to Martin and for Quinn to sit in the Ranger private box watch the club and we would see what would happen...something I never expected to happen in all honesty . Then it happens and look what happens...I wonder what the convo was between Gorton and JD last night . I wonder if they have made a call to Gallant yet ?
Sometimes being a fly wouldn't stink.

Reactions: leetch99

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
T

They can shove the testing up that azz...who wants to see that annoyance during a game...geesh....Mickey Mouse the game even more .
Found it very difficult to follow the puck. Very very distracting.
Putting in better perspective....... The puck with the tail was a THOUSAND times better. And that sucked.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
True but just making the deal to make sure we got him was important. He probably would've signed here but nothing is done until it's done.

Either way, getting a player of his caliber for two 2nd round picks is crazy. Most NCAA players who don't sign turn out to be good but not great players, I feel like it's extremely rare for an actually elite player to shake loose in this way.
I'll be honest. When U heard we gave up those picks, I was like wtf? Heard he was really good, but wouldn't be the 1st time that "really good player we acquire" turns out to be "not so good".
Howden anyone? The list is actually quite a bit larger. Don't have the mind nor time for it.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Found it very difficult to follow the puck. Very very distracting.
Putting in better perspective....... The puck with the tail was a THOUSAND times better. And that sucked.

These player-trackers were not transparent and blocked players and moving puck. It’s fine for the post game highlights but not in the game, at least not more than a single second.

Reactions: leetch99 and Cmox

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I well remember the game they referenced last night when the Rangers defeated the California Golden Seals 12-1 in 1971. I was a season ticket holder in the old blue seats, section 432, row B, seat 9. I remember the Seals goalie, Gilles Meloche, who went on to have a fine career, but was very young at the time, leaving the ice literally in tears. Shots on goal were 52-16. . Jean Ratelle had four goals but it was Gene Carr's two goals and two assists I remember most. I think we had just gotten him in a trade and we all thought he was going to have a great career. Didn't happen. The height of the Francis era.
I remember it very well too, but while you were at the game I was in 11 year old that listened to it in my mother's bedroom on her alarm clock radio because my transistor didn't pick up the game. It was so memorable to me because of the amount of goals that they scored against a pretty pathetic California golden seal Team. I saw the highlights of the game on the news but that was about it. In regard to Gene Carr with his golden hair..... man was that so and so a speedy mother so and so.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
*The Rangers lose.

HFNYR: The Rangers suck.

*The Rangers win 9-0.

HFNYR: The Rangers still suck.

You guys are absolutely f***ing miserable. Why even be a fan of this team if you're going to trash them when they win 9-0? Just go root for the Penguins or something.
Not me! I'm happier than a pig in shit while scratching off a winning lottery ticket!

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
*The Rangers lose.

*The Rangers win 9-0.

You guys are absolutely f***ing miserable. Why even be a fan of this team if you're going to trash them when they win 9-0? Just go root for the Penguins or something.
snowblind pls

what's the goal% on high quality chances?
Looks like quite a bit more than MoneyPuck's method, although the ratio is very similar. If you multiply MoneyPuck's by 2 it's almost exactly the same lol.

Expected Goals -All Situations
PHI.png
1.08 xG - 2.41 xG
NYR.png
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
snowblind pls

Looks like quite a bit more than MoneyPuck's method, although the ratio is very similar. If you multiply MoneyPuck's by 2 it's almost exactly the same lol.

Expected Goals -All Situations
PHI.png
1.08 xG - 2.41 xG
NYR.png
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I was responding to "I hope this win doesn't make us think they're actually good". What a douchy comment following a 9-0 win.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
That said I'm not a hockey coach or something...I think we just see that most successful NHL teams play a very skilled game but also a game that doesn't heavily rely on only doing East-West style play.

Seems to me that it needs to be somewhere around a 50 to 50 ratio. If your team is known to be north-south on a regular basis, surely that would open up East-West plays. We have plenty of talent to complete east west, but what we need are a hell of a lot more players willing to go in front of the net and take a little bit of a beating in hopes of drawing penalties. Being a fan it's really easy to say, but if these players really want to win you have to "take one for the team". Am I wrong?

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
There's been some talk of a pivotal game, that could define the Rangers season. Some here said this 9-0 rout could be it. I said the 4-0 shutout in Boston a couple of games back. But on second thought, I think neither are the pivotal moment in our season. Both those teams were in slumps and not playing particularly well. Whereas tomorrow night, we play the Caps who won 6 in a row, 9 out of their last 10. And are now in first place in the East. This upcoming game is more likely to be the benchmark of how well this season can be.

And Zibad just loves playing against the Caps! I'll never forget his game winner in OT against them last year. Along with his 4 other goals that night. LOL
I was there. Right before the lockdown. It’s the only game I’ve seen in person in like 2 years. Glad I saw a good one at least

Reactions: ohbaby

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
@Ola I don't know if you overcomplicate or oversimplify things. Straight forward - the system that coach install allows Zibanejad and Panarin lines each to produce sufficiently at the first line levels at ES. Third line should produce some goals too but there's a lot less pressure on them and constantly improved Chytil seems to be doing just fine. So again, I have no idea of why Quinn is blamed for stifling creativity rather than looking at games that Panarin missed and Zibanejad was recovering from covid. That simple.

Respectfully I disagree. And that is why I also went to the effort of quoting those posts I made early February, to show that I (a) early February clearly called that the way we played would kill our offense, litterary saying ‘wow why aren’t it talked about how the way we play will kill our offensive productions from our stars?’ (b) which followed by almost 4 weeks of games — with BOTH Ziba and Panarin playing — when we didn’t score anything, before Panarin took a break in late February or was it early March. It felt like longer, but Panarin has only missed a little more than two weeks.

This is we’re management must be held accountable.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Respectfully I disagree. And that is why I also went to the effort of quoting those posts I made early February, to show that I (a) early February clearly called that the way we played would kill our offense, litterary saying ‘wow why aren’t it talked about how the way we play will kill our offensive productions from our stars?’ (b) which followed by almost 4 weeks of games — with BOTH Ziba and Panarin playing — when we didn’t score anything, before Panarin took a break in late February or was it early March. It felt like longer, but Panarin has only missed a little more than two weeks.

This is we’re management must be held accountable.

Zibanejad was playing? C'mon, he was barely able to skate. Again, the only reason he stayed there in the lineup was because Chytil was injured so there was no options. Panarin was on offensive tear right before he took LOA and "only two week" resulted in missing 9 games which was close to 50% of the games when he returned. Are you kidding me??? If Panarin didn't take LOA and Zibanejad was closer to last year (or even prior year) form - the Rangers would've been in the thick of the battle for PO spot.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I was responding to "I hope this win doesn't make us think they're actually good". What a douchy comment following a 9-0 win.
to be fair, there have been numerous games where a player or the entire team has played really well only for an absolute dud of a game following. We are consistently inconsistent and it’s frustrating.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
to be fair, there have been numerous games where a player or the entire team has played really well only for an absolute dud of a game following. We are consistently inconsistent and it’s frustrating.

I think a 9-0 win against a decent team warrants not telling everyone how they still suck for one night.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I think a 9-0 win against a decent team warrants not telling everyone how they still suck for one night.

philly played like hot garbage. it was so much more about philly sucking than our actual performance. and philly gave up entirely after like goal 5, and played pretty badly before then. even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. I don’t think we’re “bad”, we struggle so hard to string 3 or 4 really good performances. And even the tiniest bit of adversity and we fold like a cheap suit. The game last night was an absolute massacre, and I hope it’s a turning point for the team, but I’m extremely concerned we’re gonna lay at least one egg against Washington over the next two games. I want this team to do well, but taking advantage of a team that played so much worse than we played well gives a misleading story. The next two games are so incredibly crucial for us, and I’m terrified.

Reactions: ohbaby

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
*The Rangers lose.

*The Rangers win 9-0.

Rangers give up 3 high danger chances in the first period, win 9-0.

“NOT PERFICT”

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
philly played like hot garbage. it was so much more about philly sucking than our actual performance. and philly gave up entirely after like goal 5, and played pretty badly before then. even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. I don’t think we’re “bad”, we struggle so hard to string 3 or 4 really good performances. And even the tiniest bit of adversity and we fold like a cheap suit. The game last night was an absolute massacre, and I hope it’s a turning point for the team, but I’m extremely concerned we’re gonna lay at least one egg against Washington over the next two games. I want this team to do well, but taking advantage of a team that played so much worse than we played well gives a misleading story. The next two games are so incredibly crucial for us, and I’m terrified.

This team can't win with you. We lost 5-4 in OT and it was the end of the world. They win 9-0 and you refuse to give them credit. Show me one game in NHL history that ended 9-0 where the team that lost didn't suck. f*** that noise.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
This team can't win with you. We lost 5-4 in OT and it was the end of the world. They win 9-0 and you refuse to give them credit. Show me one game in NHL history that ended 9-0 where the team that lost didn't suck. f*** that noise.

what I’m saying is I’d like to see them not shit the bed against Washington. if they don’t, I’ll feel a lot better about thd team. if they do, we’re back to square 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad