Post-Game Talk: Game 28: Predators (1) @ Blackhawks (4) - Hawks Win and the Kane Streak Continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Rozi has been an unexpected surprise and played very well to date all things considered but I completely agree he needs to rest some. He was rotated by Q in the past, now one year older and coming off major injury he is playing every night? I don't get it, this can't keep up or he will be useless come playoff time

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I totally forgot about that penalty. Easier to forgive when they didn't score on the PP. It was dumb, but he got away with it in the end. And his speed through the neutral zone to carry pucks deep is enough to keep him in the bottom 6 for me.
I think most people dislike him because of his play before coming to chicago. He has been fine here. A few boneheaded penalties. But our own captain takes those sometimes too. Im not worried about Garbutt

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I was wondering the same thing. Based on Q's reaction it was not done on purpose...

It appears to be just an excuse to diss Garbutt (similar to what we had to endure when Carcillo was here). Some folks want a team of saints it seems. :laugh:

If it was done on purpose at that time of the game it was idiotic. People still give Shaw grief but he has hardly taken stupid penalties the last 2 seasons. If fact he has gotten very good at drawing penalties with his annoying play. Garbutt reminds me of Shaw from a few years ago with his dumb penalties at bad toimes.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
If we are talking about the same Play, he defended it right. Hossa got the Forward and Rundblad covered for the other side and a possible Rebound.

You, as Coach who has seen 2000+ games, should know this.
His one and big mistake was that giveaway that nearly resulted in a Goal against. Other than that he was actually good for a #6 D that hasn't played for a long time.
Let me guess, you weren't happy with TTs game. Stats don't care because he's had 1 or 2 turnovers :laugh:

I'll give you a couple to think about for #5

1st period 1:30 in, Rozi shot blocked, 5 flat footed with 2 Preds racing toward puck along wall. 5 decides he's going for the puck, loses race, other Pred in alone on Crow.

1st period 2:30 in, 5 decides he's going after a loose puck above the circles, loses foot race and Preds get another guy in alone on Crwow

Play with Hossa was a 1on 2 with 5 just watching, when Hossa gets beat 5 is flat footed and can't stop Pred

Need more, or more detail or more explanation so you understand what you are seeing?

Shaw, TT and Crow good,

Rozi and 5 bad

The rest, meh

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Gretzky on the phone on Hockey Central, said he extended his streak at the 46 mark with an empty net goal with about 7 seconds left.
Said when you have something like that going, sometimes you just need luck.

There, you hear it from the Great One himself, who cares if Kane is getting EN points :laugh:
The opposition even HAVING an EN means we are winning, and that is the most important

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'll give you a couple to think about for #5

1st period 1:30 in, Rozi shot blocked, 5 flat footed with 2 Preds racing toward puck along wall. 5 decides he's going for the puck, loses race, other Pred in alone on Crow.

1st period 2:30 in, 5 decides he's going after a loose puck above the circles, loses foot race and Preds get another guy in alone on Crwow

Play with Hossa was a 1on 2 with 5 just watching, when Hossa gets beat 5 is flat footed and can't stop Pred

Need more, or more detail or more explanation so you understand what you are seeing?

Shaw, TT and Crow good,

Rozi and 5 bad

The rest, meh

He played the Hossa play correctly.

Overall he made some mistakes but overall he was fine. He looked rusty. Rosi caused most of the issues they had. It is funny you don't mention any of the really solid plays he made or that he was aggressive offensively. You don't think he will get better after a few games in a row knocking of the rust? I am not talking about him playing like an Allstar but he can be a 6D for a few weeks.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I agree, BK. He had some flubs... but the man hasn't played a game since October. He looked goodish on the PP and his assist was nice.
People just hate him to hate him.
Is he the ideal D-man? No
But he will be fine until Daley returns

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008

Overall he made some mistakes but overall he was fine. He looked rusty. Rosi caused most of the issues they had. It is funny you don't mention any of the really solid plays he made or that he was aggressive offensively. You don't think he will get better after a few games in a row knocking of the rust? I am not talking about him playing like an Allstar but he can be a 6D for a few weeks.

He stood there as a spectator on the Hossa play, you tell me when he started to move his feet.

His feet are slow but his read of plays is even worse.

I saw the play when he followed up the rush and got a rebound, not really great IMO, because he will NEVER be able to get back and it leaves Rozi as your safety valve.:(

He can be a 6D for as long as needed but it will be a bad 6D.

I also didn't mention a couple of icings either;)

For my taste, he has no skills that interest me, slow footed- slow reaction is not a good dynamic for an NHL Dman.

Tell me (not you specifically) again in what aspect of the game is he better than Gustafson?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He stood there as a spectator on the Hossa play, you tell me when he started to move his feet.

His feet are slow but his read of plays is even worse.

I saw the play when he followed up the rush and got a rebound, not really great IMO, because he will NEVER be able to get back and it leaves Rozi as your safety valve.:(

He can be a 6D for as long as needed but it will be a bad 6D.

I also didn't mention a couple of icings either;)

For my taste, he has no skills that interest me, slow footed- slow reaction is not a good dynamic for an NHL Dman.

Tell me (not you specifically) again in what aspect of the game is he better than Gustafson?

What? This 100% what you want your d to do in that situation. How can you even imply that?

He does have offensive skill and a really good shot. So he does have NHL skills that are attractive.

Gustafson is a better player but we can't call him up right now. Also if. We waive Rundblad and call him up what do we do when Daley is back because you don't want him sitting on the bench.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I agree, BK. He had some flubs... but the man hasn't played a game since October. He looked goodish on the PP and his assist was nice.
People just hate him to hate him.
Is he the ideal D-man? No
But he will be fine until Daley returns

We have seen this pattern in the past from Bladder to know better. Just when he looks like he may be turning a corner he regresses from pretty bad to downright dreadful. Yes he made a few decent plays on offense but if you watched his play carefully, he often looked lost anywhere but in the ops end of the rink. I know it didn’t help that Rozi was struggling, but that was when Rundblad was at his worst. He was unable to, or didn’t know what to do to cover for him. He had a particularly bad moment when he was stripped of the puck in the corner and he just meandered into Crawford's blue paint watching as Preds players were all over the goaltender. Thankfully Hawks got away with it last night but I repeat, Q needs to find a way to separate those two while Daley is out.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
We have seen this pattern in the past from Bladder to know better. Just when he looks like he may be turning a corner he regresses from pretty bad to downright dreadful. Yes he made a few decent plays on offense but if you watched his play carefully, he often looked lost anywhere but in the ops end of the rink. I know it didn’t help that Rozi was struggling, but that was when Rundblad was at his worst. He was unable to, or didn’t know what to do to cover for him. He had a particularly bad moment when he was stripped of the puck in the corner and he just meandered into Crawford's blue paint watching as Preds players were all over the goaltender. Thankfully Hawks got away with it last night but I repeat, Q needs to find a way to separate those two while Daley is out.

I agree but we are talking about last night.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
What did Garbutt do on that penalty? I'm assuming that was the one 86 served. I couldn't hear what the stripes said. I just assumed that was a too many men

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If it was done on purpose at that time of the game it was idiotic. People still give Shaw grief but he has hardly taken stupid penalties the last 2 seasons. If fact he has gotten very good at drawing penalties with his annoying play. Garbutt reminds me of Shaw from a few years ago with his dumb penalties at bad toimes.

Q would not have reacted so vehemently if he thought there was any intent by Garbutt.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He wasn't that bad. Rosi was terrible.

I believe I said that but we’re not talking about Rozi. We’re talking about a player who doesn’t belong in the NHL and should have been waived ages ago. Keeping him around is worse than the John Scott days, and that’s pretty bad.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I believe I said that but we’re not talking about Rozi. We’re talking about a player who doesn’t belong in the NHL and should have been waived ages ago. Keeping him around is worse than the John Scott days, and that’s pretty bad.

But they go hand in hand because they were paired together.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Rosi was worse last night, but before that, he wasn't as bad as Rundblad was last night in any game. Just so happens he played his worst when paired with Rundblad.. was that a coincidence? I don't think so.

Rosi was terrible the past two games and has been rough for 2-3 games before that. He is terrible o. His own.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Disagree, he has been a serviceable #6 up until last night. Much better than what Rundblad has shown us, ever.

Overall he has been serviceable but we are going to disagree on the past few game. Fine by me.

I am not saying 5 is a solution long term but he was fine last night and not as bad as some are saying.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Overall he has been serviceable but we are going to disagree on the past few game. Fine by me.

I am not saying 5 is a solution long term but he was fine last night and not as bad as some are saying.

I thought he was OK at best, but I certainly don't want him in the lineup in a meaningful game in April and on. If he is our #6, we are in trouble.

Man Reay

Peanut Gallery
Oct 1, 2013
Big Chicago
What did Garbutt do on that penalty? I'm assuming that was the one 86 served. I couldn't hear what the stripes said. I just assumed that was a too many men

His stick snaked out as a Pred was skating by the bench and caught him in the upper shoulder/throat area.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
5 and 32 were both awful last night. 5 had me yelling hate filled outbursts at him through the tv last night. He might be replacing Jackman as my most hated player in the league, albeit for very different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad