Post-Game Talk: Game 28: Predators (1) @ Blackhawks (4) - Hawks Win and the Kane Streak Continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Panarin came to Chicago to play with some of the best players in the game, the kid looks to be having the time of his life right now. Good for him.

It’s awesome he seems so happy with the Hawks, and seems to have such a great on-ice bond with Kane. Seeing this made me want to take a very brief look back at how he ended up with this team.

From an October Scott Powers article [http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/13894285/nhl-chicago-blackhawks-rookie-artemi-panarin-fitting-in]:

“Bowman and his scouts followed Panarin closely throughout last season and began pitching him and Lynn [Panarin’s agent] about playing for the Blackhawks. Barry Smith, the Blackhawks' director of player development, also happened to be a former head coach of SKA St. Petersburg from 2007-10. He still had connections there and helped sell the Blackhawks to Panarin.”

According to the article, Lynn is apparently the biggest reason 72 is a Blackhawk.

"I told Artemi, 'You can play in the NHL. It's about [a good] fit for you,'" said Lynn. "The first thing I did was go through the teams that needed offense and need his type of play and looked who historically supported and who could be frustrated by a player like this. Chicago made our shortlist from the start. The record of the Blackhawks not only taking players like him, but supporting them on and off the ice was very strong. We went back to Chicago in the end."

As far as we know, Panarin came to the U.S. only being close with the recently waived Tikhonov [who signed after Panarin] and Tarasenko.

"He's one of my best friends," Tarasenko said in early September. [Powers’ article]

Not only did one of Panarin’s best friends play for the Blues, but it seems Tarasenko gave the Blues a heads up years before other teams caught on.

“Vlad told us about this guy three years ago,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. [http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/...arin-following-vladimir-tarasenkos-footsteps]

Yet Panarin’s and Tarasenko’s friendship was not enough to move St. Louis to the top of the shortlist, and now you know the rest of the story.

Last edited:

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
219cnzn.png

Hell yeah!!

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I actually think Rundblad was good for his role being away from games this long.

Shaw looked more motivated than before, not Saying he wasn't motivated ;)
Teuvo showed his Talent and smarts

Crawford was money

B4rre

Jan 17, 2014
Rozi was terrible. I hope I never see this Rozi-Bambi pairing ever again.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
I actually think Rundblad was good for his role being away from games this long.

Shaw looked more motivated than before, not Saying he wasn't motivated ;)
Teuvo showed his Talent and smarts

Crawford was money

I too thought Rundblad played well, except he did have one real bad give away in his own end that almost cost him. To his credit though he hustled his azz off to make sure to break up the play. Good for him.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
That's what I expect from him one time per game :laugh:

His assist on the PP was good, can't take that away. Sure, this Goal was 75% on Teuvo.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I too thought Rundblad played well, except he did have one real bad give away in his own end that almost cost him. To his credit though he hustled his azz off to make sure to break up the play. Good for him.

I disagree, he completely fell asleep away from the puck several times. How about the one up the gut where he and Hossa were split? Couple of other times he was way too high and wide in the neutral zone and the play developed past him? That PP nonsense of him throwing the puck all over the place. A Pred walking from behind/side of the net right in front on his side with no confrontation from 5.

His positioning and awareness are bad and his skating is not NHL defenseman ability.

He has a shot and some hands. How he stays in the show over guys like TJ Brennan are one of those too common NHL mysteries.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I disagree, he completely fell asleep away from the puck several times. How about the one up the gut where he and Hossa were split? Couple of other times he was way too high and wide in the neutral zone and the play developed past him? That PP nonsense of him throwing the puck all over the place. A Pred walking from behind/side of the net right in front on his side with no confrontation from 5.

His positioning and awareness are bad and his skating is not NHL defenseman ability.

He has a shot and some hands. How he stays in the show over guys like TJ Brennan are one of those too common NHL mysteries.

If we are talking about the same Play, he defended it right. Hossa got the Forward and Rundblad covered for the other side and a possible Rebound.

You, as Coach who has seen 2000+ games, should know this.
His one and big mistake was that giveaway that nearly resulted in a Goal against. Other than that he was actually good for a #6 D that hasn't played for a long time.
Let me guess, you weren't happy with TTs game. Stats don't care because he's had 1 or 2 turnovers :laugh:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I was officiating a couple games, just got back....I went back through several pages of the thread and didn't find much but didn't find any info on Rasmusson....how did he play? I know he scored but what is the word?

Rasmussen played like a seasoned pro in his debut. It was quite refreshing to have a bottom 6 center with decent size who was playing a physical game, not overpowering mind you but he more than held his own. He was good on both sides of the puck and if he continues to play like that it will be difficult to send him back to RFD.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If we are talking about the same Play, he defended it right. Hossa got the Forward and Rundblad covered for the other side and a possible Rebound.

You, as Coach who has seen 2000+ games, should know this.
His one and big mistake was that giveaway that nearly resulted in a Goal against. Other than that he was actually good for a #6 D that hasn't played for a long time.
Let me guess, you weren't happy with TTs game. Stats don't care because he's had 1 or 2 turnovers :laugh:

No, no, no. The only dman worse than Bladder was Rozi who had his worst game this season. That tandem is a disaster waiting to happen (and it came close to doing so several times last night). Q must find a way to split them up while Daley recovers.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Crawford was great
Shaw and TT played great

Rozy needs a breather or else he will start to burn out by Feb

And Garbutt is a moron ,, That penalty from bench was idiotic

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
No, no, no. The only dman worse than Bladder was Rozi who had his worst game this season. That tandem is a disaster waiting to happen (and it came close to doing so several times last night). Q must find a way to split them up while Daley recovers.

Being worse than our Top4 isn't something against Rundblad and has nothing to do that Rundblad actually was fine - against all predictions.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Being worse than our Top4 isn't something against Rundblad and has nothing to do that Rundblad actually was fine - against all predictions.

It’s all making sense now. This looks more like Kruger all over again. You will defend this guy to the end and if there’s a threat that another player will take his spot, you attack that player at every opportunity. In this case it’s Daley.

Rundblad is a bad hockey player. You need to accept it.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

I agree. Seeing Rundblad out there just shows that Daley is completely fine as our #5. Not surprising that Rozi had his worst game without Daley by his side. Although a lot of Rozi's mistakes were self inflicted, but he probably felt uncomfortable out there with an AHL Dman.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
I like Kane and all and I'm happy about his streak. However, am I being picky by thinking that its a little cheapened by the empty net points he's picked up the last few games?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Crawford was great
Shaw and TT played great

Rozy needs a breather or else he will start to burn out by Feb

And Garbutt is a moron ,, That penalty from bench was idiotic

I agree.

Did Garbutt do it on purpose? I remember the play but I didn't know if he did it on purpose.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Kind of hoping Kane would not score...padding g the streak with en goals when you do not impact the game is undeserving

If you don't think Kane deserves everything that is coming to him during this stretch you are about as dumb as they come. He has carried this team. Is an EN a cheap way to extend the streak, sure, but he deserves everything he gets.

You really don't deserve to have watched this team during the Kane/Toews era. I get most of the time you are just stirring the pot and I guess this time it worked on me.

Kane and his line have been unstoppable. If he gets a few cheap ones, good for him. To say he didn't impact the game is about a dumb a comment as one can type. Look at the damn box score... He drew the penalty after that lead to Shaw's PP goal, which was the game winner. You didn't even have to watch the game to see that.

I'm sure Toews has nothing to do with Tuevo's success either. Sell them both.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I agree.

Did Garbutt do it on purpose? I remember the play but I didn't know if he did it on purpose.

I was wondering the same thing. Based on Q's reaction it was not done on purpose...

It appears to be just an excuse to diss Garbutt (similar to what we had to endure when Carcillo was here). Some folks want a team of saints it seems. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad