Post-Game Talk: Game 28: Predators (1) @ Blackhawks (4) - Hawks Win and the Kane Streak Continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
The noise for the ENG was great! I also noticed that the shifts he was out on the ice towards the end of the 3rd had the crowd a lot more animated when he'd make a fancy pass/get a shot. Love it and love seeing the haters get all worked up over the streak staying alive. :laugh:

I loved when Kane stepped on the ice with the net empty for the first time the crowd went nuts. Loved the recognition from breadman too. Looking for Kane right away.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I loved when Kane stepped on the ice with the net empty for the first time the crowd went nuts. Loved the recognition from breadman too. Looking for Kane right away.

I feel like he has been doing that all game for the past few games.
Trying to help his buddy out. Its really cute

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Kind of hoping Kane would not score...padding g the streak with en goals when you do not impact the game is undeserving ...Look...the reason we stole this game was CC was a wall. .We ought to be ashamed...our barn...Preds played last night...we were rested...We let them barrage our goalie and out chance us y more than twice...I think they said it was 15-6 in scoring chances in favour of Nashville with a few minutes to go..So if they count the en goal as a scoring chance it must have finished 16-7 at the end..In any case we stunk this game except for tge bottom 2 lines and TT ...but the big stars on line 2 plus Toews especially did not play well..Nor did Keith and Seabrook and most 9f tge d-corps. ..CC was a star tonight though..thank goodness..But there 7s the old saying your best must be your best...Tonight most of our best were no shows and we're our worst performers. .Toews especially loomed like he was skating in mud and not that interested..He still looks way way off form.A horrible season for him so far ...looms not only meh but more like horsebleep....I guess he has Crosby disease...you keep hoping he Co ES out 9f this funk but after an occasional game where it looks like it is coming back we get more of tge meh and stinky games from him...cheque cashing no show..Not making starry plays or shots or impacting tge game..Just awful ....no hustle no good reads and anticipation...not hard on tge puck. ..On tge plus side line 4 has come around to figure out its role and even if they do not score at least they are hustling on forecheck and causing havoc in the o-zone and bust ups in the neutral zone..Line
3 chipped in with offer several and also looked comfortable in their role. ..Line 2 did not play well especialky Kane and Anisimov tonight .. Hossa was a mixed bag ..TT did show and played well on line 1 ...but Toews by far our stinkiest player...so far below pay grade he was almost laughable if it were not so sad...do not know what is wrong with him but clearly not performing at a star level...looks tired...Maybe he has mono because I see no energy ...No talent. .nothing ...I guess he left it all.on Machu Picchu....or maybe he wants to be somewhere else....not earning his pay check with an NHL
job and paid to star to boot..He needs a big kick in tge pants...because man is he ever still king out tge join t way too many nights this season.

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
Kind of hoping Kane would not score...padding g the streak with en goals when you do not impact the game is undeserving

Stopped reading right here. Guy helps get the Hawks a number of wins when no one but him and his linemates are showing up and you're hoping for the best streak in sports to end. Give me a break... :shakehead

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Stopped reading right here. Guy helps get the Hawks a ton of wins when no one but him and his linemates are showing up and you're hoping for the best streak in sports to end. Give me a break... :shakehead
Lol yeah its like some people don't watch the game. Much like last game, Kane set up a few pretty darn good chances that his linemates diddnt finish. And Rinne made a fantastic save on that reach back on the rundblad attempt in front of the net that I'm pretty sure 88 would have gotten a point on. Stats don't tell the whole story. Hockey is a team game.

Not 88's best game ever but he played pretty well.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
One of our best games so far this year.

86-19-81 = Starting to gel and TT is learning his place.
72-15-88 = No words needed.
29-70-65 = Limited minutes but effective.
11-16-28 = Another really solid game and I like where they are headed.

2-4 = Not their best.
57-7 = Solid game
32-5 = Good and bad moments. Rosi looks spent and Rundblad looked rusty/a 7d. Did like his aggressiveness on offense.

50 = Great game and looked focused.

This

Rozy could use a short rest and bring in Gus or Svedberg.

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
Kane extends point streak to 23, Golden State Warriors extend season start to 23-0. :amazed:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Crawford with a ridiculous game. 1st, 2nd and 3rd star with honorable mention to TT.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Crow was great. Nice to see a game like that from him, especially against the division.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I was officiating a couple games, just got back....I went back through several pages of the thread and didn't find much but didn't find any info on Rasmusson....how did he play? I know he scored but what is the word?

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I was officiating a couple games, just got back....I went back through several pages of the thread and didn't find much but didn't find any info on Rasmusson....how did he play? I know he scored but what is the word?

Before the shift where he scored, I thought he seemed a little nervous and out of sync with Bickell and Shaw, but after that they seemed to play pretty well together.

Wish Shaw had more games like tonight.

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014

Site was down through the first period or two, probably why you didn't see much. He wasn't all that noticeable (not always a bad thing) after the early goal, besides taking a run at a guy, mostly missing, and eating some boards/glass in the process.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
great thanks.....

I thought that a 3C with size might be a good thing for this club especially on a line with Bickell and Shaw....I hope he gets a good chance, he has some potential......

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
sounds like TT had a good game and nice to know Crow was what we need him to be....IMO this and the next game vs the preds are very important....

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Yea, we've got our top six unless we make a trade. Teuvo looked like he did last year. Smart, calm, and shifty as hell.

Moose put a really nice tip on frame for our first goal, but after that, outside of taking like eight strides to miss Gaustad, he was pretty much invisible. That's not a terrible thing for a bottom six center though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad