Post-Game Talk: Game 28: Predators (1) @ Blackhawks (4) - Hawks Win and the Kane Streak Continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
tZTlY8c.png

Nashville_Predators_fdbf2c_093764.png
4698394-3305792921-vs.pn.png
Chicago_Blackhawks_bc060c_040204.png

WINS - 14
|WINS - 14
LOSES - 8 | LOSES - 9
OTL - 5 | OTL - 4
PTS - 33 | PTS - 32

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2015
7:30 PM CT
CSNC, FSTN
United Center, Chicago, Illinois

tcf-building-600.jpg

:nashville Nashville Predators:nashville
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Filip Forsberg|Calle Jankrok|James Neal
Colin Wilson|Mike Riberio|Viktor Arvidsson
Cody Hodgson|Colton Sissons|Craig Smith
Eric Nystrom|Paul Gaustad|Austin Watson

Left Defense | Right Defense
Roman Josi|Shea Weber
Barret Jackman|Seth Jones
Mattias Ekholm|Ryan Ellis

Starting Goaltender
Pekka Rinne

:hawks CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS :hawks

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Teuvo Teravainen|Jonathan Toews|Marian Hossa
Artemi Panarin|Artem Anisimov|Patrick Kane
Bryan Bickell|Dennis Rasmussen|Andrew Shaw
Andrew Desjardins|Marcus Kruger|Ryan Garbutt

Left Defense | Right Defense
Duncan Keith|Niklas Hjalmarsson
Trevor van Riemsdyk|Brent Seabrook
David Runbland|Michal Rozsival

Starting Goaltender
Corey Crawford

flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Another fine GDT. Thanks!

Almost a home and home versus the Preds. Big chance to catapult them in the divisional standings, for what that matters in December.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC

Almost a home and home versus the Preds. Big chance to catapult them in the divisional standings, for what that matters in December.

I think it's pretty impressive really given the fact that up until the Jets, it's been awhile since we've played a solid 60 minutes of good hockey. If we can do it again, and win tonight, then the it's got to be a morale boast and hopefully the start of a winning streak that'll last longer than 2 games.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I wonder if BB played much with Rasmussen in RFD? It's an interesting line that could be effective on the cycle but I doubt we'll see much offense from them. Hope I'm wrong. Haven't see Rasmussen play since camp but he struck me as a 4th line type center who can be hard on the forecheck with some physicality to his game (at least more than we are used to seeing from the likes of Kero or Kruger).

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Points in December have the same value in March. Hawks need to show some consistency soon or will be fighting for the WC the rest of the season.

this is our first matchup this season vs the preds, right?

Yes.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Points in December have the same value in March. Hawks need to show some consistency soon or will be fighting for the WC the rest of the season.

I'm aware, but merely pointing out that staring at the standings in December isn't very worthwhile. Two points is two points, though.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, Shaw needs to get going. He and Bicks have had some good good chemistry moments in the past, but it goes back to when Stalberg was on their line.

Yeah. If things stay the same and PD progresses a BB-PD-MD line could work.

86-19-81 (still think 86 and 81 should switch wings)
72-15-88
29-PD-56
11-16-28 (like this line a lot last game)

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm aware, but merely pointing out that staring at the standings in December isn't very worthwhile. Two points is two points, though.

A Dallas Stars fan could stare at the standings all day long. :laugh: I guess my point is that Hawks need to create some breathing room soon, similar to last season where Q had the luxury of resting some players in the Spring.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
No offense to Rasmussen but he is likely another guy who will produce nothing on the third line. One time all season we had a third line that was generating an aggressive forecheck and creating a few chances and that was the kiddie line of Dano/Kero/Hartman. Q has little patience with most young players and a mistake or two and that line and Hartman was gone. Was hoping he gave that line a chance but now its Rasmussen instead of Kero or Mashinter. I wish Rasmussen well but have zero expectations.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
No offense to Rasmussen but he is likely another guy who will produce nothing on the third line. One time all season we had a third line that was generating an aggressive forecheck and creating a few chances and that was the kiddie line of Dano/Kero/Hartman. Q has little patience with most young players and a mistake or two and that line and Hartman was gone. Was hoping he gave that line a chance but now its Rasmussen instead of Kero or Mashinter. I wish Rasmussen well but have zero expectations.

With the team having so much trouble scoring, the bottom 6 can't afford to make rookie mistakes that will cost goals against. +/- must be tops in their minds.

The Dano/Kero/Hartman line is too raw. They can be put together in RFD but there's little chance of it being formed in Chicago. At least not now.

This puts pressure on the TT/Toews/Hossa line to produce and the Party line needs to play both sides of the puck (they have been guilty of running around despite their production).

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
With the team having so much trouble scoring, the bottom 6 can't afford to make rookie mistakes that will cost goals against. +/- must be tops in their minds.

The Dano/Kero/Hartman line is too raw. They can be put together in RFD but there's little chance of it being formed in Chicago. At least not now.

This puts pressure on the TT/Toews/Hossa line to produce and the Party line needs to play both sides of the puck (they have been guilty of running around despite their production).

I didn't think they were making that many mistakes, been just as many mistakes with every other 3rd combo. It would be a roll of the dice sure but might pay off in the long run. If the goal is to contend for the cup we can't expect to win in the playoffs with zero production from the bottom six . Those kiddies showed promise, no other third line combo to date has. Oh well doesn't matter, it ain't happening.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I didn't think they were making that many mistakes, been just as many mistakes with every other 3rd combo. It would be a roll of the dice sure but might pay off in the long run. If the goal is to contend for the cup we can't expect to win in the playoffs with zero production from the bottom six . Those kiddies showed promise, no other third line combo to date has. Oh well doesn't matter, it ain't happening.

If by They you exclude Hartman, sure, but he kept turning the puck off far too frequently. At a Versteeg pace when he needed to just get it down low.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
I had class last tuesday (6pm-10pm) but I left at 8 to see most of the game vs wild, now I have to miss the whole game tonight...not cool since kane has his streak going. Next week I'll miss too vs avs which would be 27 straight, if it lasts another week. That's finals, so can't miss next week either.

Funny enough, the 52nd game which would break Gretzky's record, will be feb 9th, and I have class that night. Not that it will happen, but still lol.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The Hawks have put some seats back out for sale at Ticketmaster. There's pairs in the 200 and 300 level. Wish I didn't have to work tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad