Post-Game Talk: Game 28: Predators (1) @ Blackhawks (4) - Hawks Win and the Kane Streak Continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachQ

Aug 23, 2014
Tinley Park, IL.
Gretzky on the phone on Hockey Central, said he extended his streak at the 46 mark with an empty net goal with about 7 seconds left.
Said when you have something like that going, sometimes you just need luck.

There, you hear it from the Great One himself, who cares if Kane is getting EN points :laugh:
The opposition even HAVING an EN means we are winning, and that is the most important

Not 100% sure but I think that goal he's talking about was against the Hawks. The Hawks were down a goal and had pulled the goalie, the puck was along the boards just outside the Hawks blue line when Troy Murray for some inexplicable reason backhanded the puck to the middle of the ice where Gretzky had an open net. Before that Troy had done an excellent job shutting down Gretzky.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Not 100% sure but I think that goal he's talking about was against the Hawks. The Hawks were down a goal and had pulled the goalie, the puck was along the boards just outside the Hawks blue line when Troy Murray for some inexplicable reason backhanded the puck to the middle of the ice where Gretzky had an open net. Before that Troy had done an excellent job shutting down Gretzky.

You are correct

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I guess, if you're only looking at the scoreboard on top of the tv screen while watching the game.

Im just saying. There have been a lot of games where you can complain about 5 and think he is awful.
Was he great last night? no. But he was fine.
We were winning. No need to be so mad.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I guess, if you're only looking at the scoreboard on top of the tv screen while watching the game.

No kidding. There was nothing decisive about that game. It was Crawford's best game of the campaign as far as I'm concerned with some puck luck thrown in for good measure. Preds will be even more desperate for a win Thursday.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Im just saying. There have been a lot of games where you can complain about 5 and think he is awful.
Was he great last night? no. But he was fine.
We were winning. No need to be so mad.

You and others definition of "fine" seems to be "fine because we got away with it". The game could have been over before the first period came to an end, with the potential to becoming downright ugly.... and that was at home where Q could shelter our bottom pair.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 19m19 minutes ago
Defenseman Trevor Daley is traveling to Nashville with the #Blackhawks today

-------------

Q is likely rather desperate to keep Bladder or Rozi out of the line-up on Thursday.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Rundblad was largely meh last night. He had that one awful shift on the PP, but was his usual overblown mediocre self with flashes of offense.

Rozi was last year Rozi. That clapper into the forwards shin pads early in the first he was coasting back on and if there was any sort of rebound his man would have been wide open to capitalize.

Rozi can't play everyday. He started out as an above average bottom pairing guy, then had a few games where he's a fine #6/extra and has been bad lately. Gus should be up here playing over him.

But Rozi and Rundblad can't be a pairing. They're just too slow. They're going to get abused by teams with a good breakout.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
To me fine in regard to Rundblad means that he was serviceable in the game and had more + shifts than - shifts.

Again I don't trust him in April but he was ok last night.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
To me fine in regard to Rundblad means that he was serviceable in the game and had more + shifts than - shifts.

Again I don't trust him in April but he was ok last night.

Yes, this.

And I just don't see the point in complaining so much when we won the game.
We will have our fair share of losses to be upset about. Im happy they won a 2pt game vs a divisional rival and ha ppened to leap over them in the standings while doing so.

Thats not saying that Rundblad was awesome because we won. Its just the definition of complaining just to complain

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI

Yep, you have an excellent memory.....good times.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
What? This 100% what you want your d to do in that situation. How can you even imply that?

He does have offensive skill and a really good shot. So he does have NHL skills that are attractive.

Gustafson is a better player but we can't call him up right now. Also if. We waive Rundblad and call him up what do we do when Daley is back because you don't want him sitting on the bench.

It is called picking your spots and knowing your partner will know/be able to what's required.

Offensive skill and heavy shot are not what is needed of him. We've seen both of those skills and combined with his sloth-especially 1,2 and 3rd step, timidity in the corners and poor awareness/positioning= bad overall player.

Gus up, when Daley returns Rozi sits.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Heading on down to Nashville in the morning for the second of the home and home. Got tickets threw a buddy who works with the Preds. Told he doesnt know what the schedule looks like but said he could possibly hook me up with a building tour friday.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Heading on down to Nashville in the morning for the second of the home and home. Got tickets threw a buddy who works with the Preds. Told he doesnt know what the schedule looks like but said he could possibly hook me up with a building tour friday.

Wow way cool, something i have never done, in another NHL facilty.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
It is called picking your spots and knowing your partner will know/be able to what's required.

Offensive skill and heavy shot are not what is needed of him. We've seen both of those skills and combined with his sloth-especially 1,2 and 3rd step, timidity in the corners and poor awareness/positioning= bad overall player.

I would like that but someone mentioned on another thread that he cannot be called up? for Cap reasons?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

He did just that. If Rosi can't handle that then he should not be in the NHL anymore.

I do agree with your last part.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008

He did just that. If Rosi can't handle that then he should not be in the NHL anymore.

I do agree with your last part.

Ahem.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
It’s all making sense now. This looks more like Kruger all over again. You will defend this guy to the end and if there’s a threat that another player will take his spot, you attack that player at every opportunity. In this case it’s Daley.

Rundblad is a bad hockey player. You need to accept it.

I never said anything else. I said for Rundblad, he was actually good.

In another thread I said I'd rather have Tikhonov/Gustafsson than Rundblad/Mashinter.

I want both gone, Rundblad and Daley. Daley was **** with Dallas and is **** with the Hawks. He will never be a good DEFENDER and with 3.3 is just a waste.
Rundblad had a game he actually didn't look that bad. For his Standards, he looked good.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Not sure why Daley isn't tried with Hammer, seems like a logical fit. Also Bladder and TVR were very effective as a pair at the beginning of last year, but never put together since.

Seems like Q is loading up the top 4 with the mindset that he's just going to ride them in the playoffs like last year, so he just wants to get them as much time together as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad