GDT: Game 28: Avs @ Guins - Sid vs the Kid Round 2 - 12/4/18 5PM

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Generally speaking, what exactly would you like him to do?

We’re a win away from being the best team in the conference. He’s made plenty of adjustments and changes to the young kids that seems to always lead to them improving their play. He’s made plenty of in-game adjustments to spark comebacks and a few come from behind victories. He’s cycled goalies in the perfect way to put them both in position to succeed while evening the workload. Varly who is the better goalie remains completely healthy and draws tougher matchups. Grubauer has played lots with **** numbers for the most part yet still has a record of 6-1-2.

I mean I’m all for improvement, but I have a hard time with people on an Internet forum trying to say Bednar needs to take another step after all the success he’s created. Let him do his job like he has been. He’s smarter than all of us.
Exactly. And you forgot keeping the top line together through tough time. Most if not all coaches would have split them for a while to spread out the talent when they hit bad stretches last year or during our losing streak this year. He was patient and suck with them together and they responded with a 9-0-2 streak.

The other thing that needs to be said is that not only Z came back in playing awesome but their relationship was intact which is huge in itself. Many other coaches could have wrecked that relationship.

He knows what he is doing.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I just wish I didn't have to see all three of these names at once. Neato, Borq, Calvert.. Does Bednar need all three of them in the lineup? NO

Yes Kam deserved to sit, but he PKs, is valuable on PP2, and is actually somewhat good at face-offs. Multi game scratch? Nope

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
"Guins"

jose.png

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Pens coming off a salty loss to the flyers. We are going to get their A game.

Going to be rough sledding if we keep being sloppy with the the puck as we've been the last few games.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I just wish I didn't have to see all three of these names at once. Neato, Borq, Calvert.. Does Bednar need all three of them in the lineup? NO

Yes Kam deserved to sit, but he PKs, is valuable on PP2, and is actually somewhat good at face-offs. Multi game scratch? Nope
Just watch Bednar on the Avs website. Barrie for Alt and ... wait for it ... Kamenev IN for Ghetto. We can all relax a little.

Oh, and Varly will get the start.

Reactions: Clainer09

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
If we play like we did the last 2 games we wouldn't break 80 points in a season

The underlying point is that there are plenty of games where the Avs played really well and came away with 0 points (Tampa and @ Minny come to mind). Over the course of a long season, those things balance out. It's good that the Avs picked up 3 out of 4 points in games where they didn't play well.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
The underlying point is that there are plenty of games where the Avs played really well and came away with 0 points (Tampa and @ Minny come to mind). Over the course of a long season, those things balance out. It's good that the Avs picked up 3 out of 4 points in games where they didn't play well.
Yah it's great, but if we play like that again tonight we could get destroyed.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Just watch Bednar on the Avs website. Barrie for Alt and ... wait for it ... Kamenev IN for Ghetto. We can all relax a little.

That still means the three amigos are safe, though. Andrighetto and Kamenev shouldn't be scratched for lesser players like Bourque.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Ghetto has passed up some shots lately, which is his only job really, so I can live with it. Not that I agree with it, but at least you can make a special teams argument there.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Wait a minute lol. I'm the one who owns Ghetto's set 1 (away) game worn jersey from last year. I'm definitely more invested in his success here!
You and Dahrougem need to fight it out to the death. That man loves him some Sven. Havent seen him around here lately because hes prolly buried in snow here in Edmonton lol.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Come back to me if we lose 3 straight. Then it may be the right time to criticize Bednars roster decisions. Right now, after a 9-0-2 run, we shouldn't do that.

They can still win games while not dressing their best lineup. Teams do it all the time. I want them to win, I would just like for them to play their best players while winning. It makes winning that much more likely. :dunno:

Top heavy teams should do whatever they can to get scoring from the lower lines. Ghetto has his faults but he at least has the potential to contribute offensively. Bourque is just a whole plate of nothing, served along with two other offensively impotent players in Calvert and Nieto. If all three of them quit hockey tomorrow to go form a traveling circus act, I don't think anyone would notice.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
'Ghetto has had a few mediocre games and a few decent games. Bourque is always a steady 'meh'. Neither turns the dial enough for me to be upset about.

Would like to see Kam get more consistent games, but Bednar has giving us no reason to trust his player decisions so i'll give him my blind support for now.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Hate to say it, but Ghetto has not been good lately. He needs to produce and he isn't getting much done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad