GDT: Game 28: Avs @ Guins - Sid vs the Kid Round 2 - 12/4/18 5PM

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hate to say it, but Ghetto has not been good lately. He needs to produce and he isn't getting much done.

I think he's been fine in a 4th line role. He's winning puck battles and getting the puck into the attacking zone, which is what he does best. He's never gonna be an ace finisher or setup man, it's just not his game. He's also not terribly useful in a bottom-six role. His lack of utility is mainly why Bergevin ended up moving him for a fringe scrub a couple seasons back.

I don't think he's got his speed back either after two consecutive leg injuries. He's this year's Colin Wilson.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think he's been fine in a 4th line role. He's winning puck battles and getting the puck into the attacking zone, which is what he does best. He's never gonna be an ace finisher or setup man, it's just not his game. He's also not terribly useful in a bottom-six role. His lack of utility is mainly why Bergevin ended up moving him for a fringe scrub a couple seasons back.

I don't think he's got his speed back either after two consecutive leg injuries. He's this year's Colin Wilson.

This post started off so well, and then that..

:mad:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I know...I think the good news is that both those guys are kinda interim and both of them are likely gone by next season. I like Ghetto A LOT and think in a lot of ways he's underrated but if he can't stay healthy then that's just one more ding against him. I've been pretty much done with Colin Wilson for a while now.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
YearlyGlossyGrayling-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Pokecheque

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
No start time listed in the title?

GDT FAIL!
Yeah, I tried to edit it but can't for some reason, I thought you could edit titles somehow. Even so, last night I thought the start time was 4:30, so I would have been wrong anyway. It's 5.

Edit: Figured it out.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bednar likes Compher at center and I don't mind giving him every opportunity to stick there but he has also looked good at RW. I wish he'd just give the kid line a shot for a few games. Maybe he doesn't like Kerfoot and Jost's defensive game and is hoping Compher can be a more defensively responsible center on the 2nd line.

Kamenev had a poor game the other day but he's developing a solid two-way game in the bottom six and has shown he can play center. I'd like to see him stick there.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Bednar likes Compher at center and I don't mind giving him every opportunity to stick there but he has also looked good at RW. I wish he'd just give the kid line a shot for a few games. Maybe he doesn't like Kerfoot and Jost's defensive game and is hoping Compher can be a more defensively responsible center on the 2nd line.

Kamenev had a poor game the other day but he's developing a solid two-way game in the bottom six and has shown he can play center. I'd like to see him stick there.

I think Kamenev actually looked pretty bad at wing from what I remember. I thought he looked exponentially better at C than W.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I just wish I didn't have to see all three of these names at once. Neato, Borq, Calvert.. Does Bednar need all three of them in the lineup? NO

Yes Kam deserved to sit, but he PKs, is valuable on PP2, and is actually somewhat good at face-offs. Multi game scratch? Nope
Why did he deserve to sit? What'd I miss?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
How about a couple calls when Rants inevitably gets hooked and held all game?
Giving the Avs power plays isn't fair for the other team. The avs have gone 17/41 (41.5%) in their last 15 games.

We're just going to have to accept being held and hooked.

Reactions: AvsWraith

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

:huh:

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
A 4 game slate of Pittspuke, Blows, Dead Things, P’puke again. It’s like the league’s scheduling department’s mission is to give me a rage aneurism. :sarcasm:

Go full Howler mode tonight & tear the Pens apart! None of this St Bernard rescue dog nonsense.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
A 4 game slate of Pittspuke, Blows, Dead Things, P’puke again. It’s like the league’s scheduling department’s mission is to give me a rage aneurism. :sarcasm:

Go full Howler mode tonight & tear the Pens apart! None of this St Bernard rescue dog nonsense.
After looking "uninspired" last game, in pretty confident they will come out strong. Mack always plays his best against Crosby.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
After looking "uninspired" last game, in pretty confident they will come out strong. Mack always plays his best against Crosby.

I expect the 9296 line to look sharp, as, line you said, MacK will be zeroed in on knocking off his bestie. Just hope the rest of the team is as well, especially in goal.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I expect the 9296 line to look sharp, as, line you said, MacK will be zeroed in on knocking off his bestie. Just hope the rest of the team is as well, especially in goal.
If varly can keep it to 3 and under, we have a chance to win every night

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
I like the way coach sits players who have not played the "right" way. Whether its making stupid plays in your own end, dumb penalties, lack of effort etc he pulls their ice time and suddenly they seem to play better. With some coaches all they see is talent and suit them up regardless. Its a fine line but he seems to be pushing the right buttons right now. We all see it a little different but you can't argue with the results.

I kind of chuckle when I see the Bork rants, remember Cliché? I felt like he was an ECHL level player who got a lot of ice time. Bork, at least, is a NHLer.

Reactions: Kaizer

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
FYI we are testing out a new forum feature called Live Threads. New posts will continuously pop in like a constant feed so you can follow along without refreshing.

If you'd like to try it, join the usergroup here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/account/join-user-groups

It will only affect a few specific threads at this time like this GDT.

Let @SniperHF know if you run into any problems with it.

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I kind of chuckle when I see the Bork rants, remember Cliché? I felt like he was an ECHL level player who got a lot of ice time. Bork, at least, is a NHLer.

The Hockey Gods refused to let the Avs replace him. They went and got Jesse Winchester to take that 4C spot and he promptly ended his hockey playing career in a preseason fight.

The Avs have certainly had worse 4th liners and worse defensemen. I still maintain the last full season he played Nate Guenin was the very worst defenseman in the National Hockey League, hands-down. The analytics guys love to dog the Avs when they had one of the worst 4th lines of all time. But that's kinda what makes Bourque so frustrating. The Avs should be moving past players like that at this point, they had no choice when it came to guys like Risto's Boy and Guenin (well...they DID have a choice but Roy refused to use him).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad