Maata - Riikola
Johnson - Oleksiak

DeSmith
Jarry

Last edited:

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Just don´t blow another 3-goal-lead. :cool:

To be honest: We wont make it out without a regular loss on this trip.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I’ll be glad if they get back to a free flowing game even if we lose 5-6.

Btw, the last game we’ve talked about the slowdown tactics. The top line has still been the only one scoring aside from the Zadorov slap shot against the Blues.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I expect the 'Pengooins is practically chicken' to be on their game and give us all we can handle.

Won't be an easy one tonight.

Reactions: Pokecheque

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Kamenev better plays tonight.

Edit: Generally speaking, it's time for Bednar to learn how to set up and manage a team now. I like what he's been doing but it's really about time to take the next step.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Not expecting a great result tonight. To be honest, I think the Avs will have a tough time for the remainder of the road trip. I think the grind of playing 19 of the first 30 games (and not easy travel) will catch up with them a bit. It is crazy to think that the Avs will have played just about half of their road schedule by December 8. It really could have sunk them in the first half of the season, particularly if they played similarly to last season on the road.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I do not feel good about this game at all. We are due for a regulation loss and I doubt Pitt will come out as flat as they did in Denver.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I’ll be glad if they get back to a free flowing game even if we lose 5-6.

Btw, the last game we’ve talked about the slowdown tactics. The top line has still been the only one scoring aside from the Zadorov slap shot against the Blues.
The last 2 games haven't exactly been great

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Not expecting a great result tonight. To be honest, I think the Avs will have a tough time for the remainder of the road trip. I think the grind of playing 19 of the first 30 games (and not easy travel) will catch up with them a bit. It is crazy to think that the Avs will have played just about half of their road schedule by December 8. It really could have sunk them in the first half of the season, particularly if they played similarly to last season on the road.
I'm a big fan of getting these road games over with. Road games get harder as the season goes on. Playing in Nashville in November is a lot different than playing in Nashville 2 weeks before the playoffs when we need points.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Edit: Generally speaking, it's time for Bednar to learn how to set up and manage a team now. I like what he's been doing but it's really about time to take the next step.
Generally speaking, what exactly would you like him to do?

We’re a win away from being the best team in the conference. He’s made plenty of adjustments and changes to the young kids that seems to always lead to them improving their play. He’s made plenty of in-game adjustments to spark comebacks and a few come from behind victories. He’s cycled goalies in the perfect way to put them both in position to succeed while evening the workload. Varly who is the better goalie remains completely healthy and draws tougher matchups. Grubauer has played lots with shit numbers for the most part yet still has a record of 6-1-2.

I mean I’m all for improvement, but I have a hard time with people on an Internet forum trying to say Bednar needs to take another step after all the success he’s created. Let him do his job like he has been. He’s smarter than all of us.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

This doesn't make any sense. What more could you possibly want from him? He's leading this team to a Top 5 record in the league right now.

People gave him shit for the way he handled the Z situation and yet(Again), Zadorov has come out from the situation looking night and day different compared to before.

There's really not a single thing that can be pointed out as a significant issue with Bednar right now. He's getting the best out of a lot of players right now, and he's doing an effective job at rotating the 10/11/12/13/14 level forwards in and out of the lineup as needed. Kamenev deserved to sit after his last game as he simply wasn't good at all. Lets see how he responds when he gets back in the lineup. There's very little difference between having Kam, Bourque, or Dries in the lineup right now. They each have strengths they bring and each have weaknesses that come along with them as well.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Generally speaking, what exactly would you like him to do?

We’re a win away from being the best team in the conference. He’s made plenty of adjustments and changes to the young kids that seems to always lead to them improving their play. He’s made plenty of in-game adjustments to spark comebacks and a few come from behind victories. He’s cycled goalies in the perfect way to put them both in position to succeed while evening the workload. Varly who is the better goalie remains completely healthy and draws tougher matchups. Grubauer has played lots with **** numbers for the most part yet still has a record of 6-1-2.

I mean I’m all for improvement, but I have a hard time with people on an Internet forum trying to say Bednar needs to take another step after all the success he’s created. Let him do his job like he has been. He’s smarter than all of us.
Generally speaking, always only play whoever is the youngest in the rotation and also call up a prospect. :sarcasm:

And this is a comment on the whole mentality here. You know, generally speaking.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Not sure what that really means

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

Avs are 4th in the entire league. We are exceeding expectations, again, and Bednar is doing a fantastic job. What more do you want?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad