GDT: Game #27 -- Wed Mar 13, 2013 - Red Wings @ Flames - 9:30 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Yes, I understand that those are your favorite whipping boys. I don't see Franzen, Filppula, or Kronwall on your list.

My favorite whipping boys? Half the team? Actually, of all the players you and I mentioned, I like Filppula the least. And I am liking the improvement of Emmerton and don't mind Eaves.

Had you not misconstrued 99% of what I said in order to fit your crusade, you would've recognized what my point was: Zetterberg or anyone else's leadership isn't going to suddenly turn the untalented 60% of this roster into something productive.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
That was more the 80's hockey. First game I went to at like 4 the Wings got hammered 7-3 by the Flames. They had three fights, one bench clearer, Yzerman got two goals and they got absolutely throttled otherwise. They just played a more open brand of Hockey back then and meaner.

Unfortunately the NHL as a whole has become a little more boring, mostly because everyone can skate and people figured out how to completely clog the middle along with pad up jumbo style from the goalies to the players.

Yeah, I actually posted something like that on a thread on main board today asking which roster your team had was most entertaining. I said 80's and early 90's. Even though they didn't have the success they were fun as hell to watch.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
My favorite whipping boys? Half the team? Actually, of all the players you and I mentioned, I like Filppula the least. And I am liking the improvement of Emmerton and don't mind Eaves.

Had you not misconstrued 99% of what I said in order to fit your crusade, you would've recognized what my point was: Zetterberg or anyone else's leadership isn't going to suddenly turn the untalented 60% of this roster into something productive.

See, that's ********* and you know it. We've beaten really good teams convincingly this season. How did we win those?

We've got to solve the execution errors, the mental mistakes. That solution comes from the coaching staff but gets sold by the captain.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Tatar wouldn't have changed a tide of suckage of this magnitude. Forget about him. And I'm pretty sure Nyquist did get some top six time.

Nyquist didn't play at all on the top two lines, just PP2 which was nice. Tatar is perfect for the third line right now, him Andersson and Eaves was solid. Cleary has no business in the NHL, he can't catch passes, he can't win battles, he can't do anything except stand in front of the net and lose the puck. It's pathetic. Ilitch needs to step up now.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
My initial ranting was directed at someone who named those players as needing to change after this game. I can't find where they did anything wrong in this particular game. Sure, they didn't get hat-tricks but they also didn't cough the puck up and get scored on.

Let's put the blame where it belongs. And, in my opinion, Cleary and Abdelkader don't get much of the blame for this loss.

Um, no. That was not my argument. Go back and put your reading glasses on and stop putting words in other people's mouth to serve as fodder for your baseless, inane "arguments."

Aug 6, 2012
See, that's ********* and you know it. We've beaten really good teams convincingly this season. How did we win those?

We've got to solve the execution errors, the mental mistakes. That solution comes from the coaching staff but gets sold by the captain.

And we've lost to the worst teams in the league just as convincingly. We're gonna have our good and bad games, but our good games require Pasha, Z or Jimmy to go beastmode.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You wouldn't do that?

No I wouldn't do that and I am not even a guy against moving Datsyuk, but I would expect more than that.

Realistically he isn't a rental. He should bring back a King's ransom. That means at least a roster player that is young with talent, Colbourne sucks by the way, those two firsts with Datsyuk aren't great.

Realistically Kadri and Rielly would probably have to be involved at least. Probably still both firsts and then maybe Fratten. Somebody will hit Datsyuk's price if he gets out there, In fact I would drop the second first demand for a better player.

Two roster players, one at least with very high potential probably both second doesn't need to be as high. Top prospect and a first is the least they should take.

Colbourne makes that package a non-starter.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

What, are you new to hockey? Crappy teams beat good teams all season long.

Zetterberg can "sell" all he wants, but at the end of the day that doesn't mean all of his teammates are going to "buy" that, process the information, or be able to carry it out either.

Why is this news to you?

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I understand that you guys are upset and frustrated with this team right now. I am aswell, but please keep in mind that we still have rules here. Flaming each other, gifs with profanity in them (and circumventing the profanity filter in general), and sexual references wont fly. Just a reminder. Dont want any of you to get in trouble :)

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Um, no. That was not my argument. Go back and put your reading glasses on and stop putting words in other people's mouth to serve as fodder for your baseless, inane "arguments."

Fair enough, I apologize for misconstruing your statement. I figured the context was still the game we were watching and I didn't think it was fair to single out guys. I see now that you were talking about the season in general. My bad.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I was in class for the game. I'm guessing it was the typical laughably mediocre Wings tonight?

Did Abdelkader get a point? Serious question.

No but his screen was a large part of the first one. We had a Duck's game esk lets turn the puckover and got buried in a hurry, just like that game. The backend was very poor tonight as was really everyone. But the D was just brutal and Monster didn't bail them out once except the penalty shot.

RedWingsNow*

The Red Wings win when they attack.

You can't do then when your dumbass coach puts Lashoff on the top pairing for two weeks, and then Abdelkader on Datsyuk's wing for three weeks, and then has all his puck moving defensemen play "off the glass and out" passing for a month

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
What, are you new to hockey? Crappy teams beat good teams all season long.

Zetterberg can "sell" all he wants, but at the end of the day that doesn't mean all of his teammates are going to "buy" that, process the information, or be able to carry it out either.

Why is this news to you?

But this lets Babcock off the hook. If he's trying his damnedest to fix this team's problems and his captain is on board but no one else is.... what's the solution? Obviously, a team can't have a captain they won't listen to.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
And we've lost to the worst teams in the league just as convincingly. We're gonna have our good and bad games, but our good games require Pasha, Z or Jimmy to go beastmode.

Pretty much this.

But at this moment in time? Red Wings need Jimmy more than anything until they get things sorted out. Be solid..and when he goes into "I can't make up my mind if I'm elite or not" mode, and goes on his 10+ game stretches where he steals games: literally? That's when we know we'll be fine...just to keep the playoff streak alive.

All bets are off after that.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane

Well yes, so you find the differences between the games you win vs the games you lose, not the similarities. We won games because we played as a team, we had jump, we beat the other team to the puck, we made clean passes, we went to the net, we stayed in position defensively. Not many of those require a ton of skill. Just piss and vinegar.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
The captain of this team is the least of the problems. Holland and Babcock are not on the same page. Babcock play good and hard and earn your ice time is utter bull **** and the players no it. The roster is a mess and the moves make zero sense. Doesn't matter who the captain is he has no control over this.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
No I wouldn't do that and I am Ni or t even a guy against moving Datsyuk, but I would expect more than that.

Realistically he isn't a rental. He should bring back a King's ransom. That means at least a roster player that is young with talent, Colbourne sucks by the way, those two firsts with Datsyuk aren't great.

Realistically Kadri and Rielly would probably have to be involved at least. Probably still both firsts and then maybe Fratten. Somebody will hit Datsyuk's price if he gets out there, In fact I would drop the second first demand for a better player.

Two roster players, one at least with very high potential probably both second doesn't need to be as high. Top prospect and a first is the least they should take.

Colbourne makes that package a non-starter.

Sorry man but the Leafs politely decline on anything involving Kadri or Rielly as they are both non starters. Datsyuk is one of my favorites but he is creeping up on the wrong side of thirty.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Babcock play good and hard and earn your ice time is utter bull **** and the players no it.

And yet when a player seemingly does earn a better opportunity (Tatar) he doesn't get it. But seasoned pluggers who play like garbage are given opportunities over and over again.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
And yet when a player seemingly does earn a better opportunity (Tatar) he doesn't get it. But seasoned pluggers who play like garbage are given opportunities over and over again.

Hence the utter bull ****. Haha

It's like we have hard ass running a country club. Mind boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad