GDT: Game #27 -- Wed Mar 13, 2013 - Red Wings @ Flames - 9:30 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
:wings at :flames
March 13, 2013
9:30 p.m.

Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner
Abdelkader - Datsyuk - Franzen
Nyquist - Andersson - Clearly Worthless
Miller - Emmerton - Eaves

Kronwall - Ericcson
Quincey - Smith
Lashoff - Kindl

Gustavsson

Last edited:

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Hoping for a big bounce back after ******** the bed against CBJ, but expecting another halfhearted road effort, that will lead to my premature liver failure.

Hopefully Nyquist gets more than 5 min on a scoring line this time around, also hoping that having competent linemates will reinvigorate Pasha. Speaking of which does anyone have an update on Filp, is he in or out?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
big game. again. It'd be nice to win a few of these and get some momentum, and possibly some breathing room in the standings.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
If they can't get up for and win this game there is a problem. You gotta win games against lower echelon teams when fighting for a playoff spot. Their performance against the jackets was concerning beyond the loss of points. They need to come out strong and show they want and are willing to work for it.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Khan:

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Jimmy Howard not on ice, as goalie coach Jim Bedard mans other net opposite Gustavsson. Waiting to find out reason.

Also Ian White not skating. Waiting to hear is he's hurt.

Edit:

Howard has the flu and is gametime decision, Holland said. White has day off he said

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Flu? Likely cover story.

But seriously anybody with the flu stay away from the team. Last thing they need is that sweeping through the room.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Red wings lose 4-1, two powerplay goals for the flames.

Nyquist scores the lone goal

Babcock said Tootoo isn't injured, might be healthy scratch tonight cuz he has Filppula and Nyquist in

wrong player to scratch

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
What does day off for White even mean? Just missing the morning skate, minor injury, healthy scratch, pending a trade?

edit: Ha, the answer came fast enough.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Khan:

Tootoo is game time decision, white out for personal reasons; Lashoff in

Babcock said Tootoo isn't injured, might be healthy scratch tonight cuz he has Filppula and Nyquist in

Sure. Don't you dare scratch Cleary or Abdelworthless.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
If Tootoo is a healthy scratch over Miller, Abdelkader, or Cleary I will be furious.

Honestly, who cares? He's only playing 9 minutes a night - it's not much of a loss at this time.

I think he should be playing more and Cleary or Abs should be scratched, but the reality is, he's not used much.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I really don't care for how they've ("they've" meaning Babcock, I guess) treated useful players in comparison to how they've treated not very useful players so far this season.

RedWingsNow*

big game. again. It'd be nice to win a few of these and get some momentum, and possibly some breathing room in the standings.

We need a couple road wins just to hold our ground, IMO.

Nice thing is that the Western Canada teams aren't very impressive.

We need 4 points on this swing.

RedWingsNow*

Honestly, who cares? He's only playing 9 minutes a night - it's not much of a loss at this time.

I think he should be playing more and Cleary or Abs should be scratched, but the reality is, he's not used much.

I care.

Anybody who wants any level of success for this team should care.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Tootoo is probably a player that you keep sharp by scratching him once in a while. He needs to agitate a little and play with immense energy to be an asset. Once he drops a little in intensity he doesn't do much, and he doesn't play special teams.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
First we send down one of our most dangerous forwards while the team is struggling to score and now we are paying a fourth liner $2mil to sit in the press box.

*GOOOONNNNG*

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan

I dont really mind that Tootoo is playing a limited role, thats the kind of guy he is, its the fact that there are other players that should be scratched before him that are still in.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Babcock said Abdelkader will start on line with Datsyuk and Franzen but that Nyquist will play up there too. Nyquist starts with 63 and 11
per Khan on Twitter

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

So cleary is demoted to 3rd line since Fil is back and we still have to deal with Abs on the 2nd line? what in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad