GDT: Game #27 -- Wed Mar 13, 2013 - Red Wings @ Flames - 9:30 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone
I'm really worried about this team's morale. They're not used to stinking this bad and I'm not sure Zetterberg knows how to lead them through it.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
drinking1.gif

Yup, lots and lots. Now time to go to bed and potentially be hungover for class tomorrow morning. Brutal. I'm so fing frustrated at this team this season. The management is ****ing awful right now. Strength and conditioning coach because theres so many injuries. Holland for signing guys who should be retired and not letting Tatar stay up. Babcock for not giving Nyquist a top 6 position and playing Cleary still. I have never been so mad at the team before. Nyquist didn't play in the top 6 one time. For ****s sake you lost the game early in the 3rd, change the lines to see what may work next game!!

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Hoping the first law is blame the goaltender. :laugh:

Although in this game he was very bad.

First fundamental law of Detroit Sports is that Detroit teams can not defeat terrible opponents to save their lives, no matter how well constructed the Detroit teams are, or how laughable their opponents can be.

Corollary: If there is a way, Detroit teams will always discover new meanings to the term epic failure.

Edge of Sanity*

Griffins won again tonight, they might be the best team in the AHL. Time to start watching their games instead to see if they can win the Calder Cup.

RedWingsNow*

Not an option for any of the guys wearing letters. They have to do something about this, even if that is how they feel, close the doors and rip some heads off after practice tomorrow.

It's mightyduck hockey.

Sign a bunch of offensive defensemen and soft forwards... and then try to make them play MightyDuck hockey. Off the boards and out. And then our forwards lose all the battles on the boards.

Square pegs in round holes.

Either Holland needs to be fired. Or Babcock needs to be fired.

This is bloody ********.

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
These last three losses have left me pretty damn deflated as a fan. 9+ hours of my life I ain't getting back:(

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
It's mightyduck hockey.

Sign a bunch of offensive defensemen and soft forwards... and then try to make them play MightyDuck hockey. Off the boards and out. And then our forwards lose all the battles on the boards.

Square pegs in round holes.

Either Holland needs to be fired. Or Babcock needs to be fired.

This is bloody ********.

Yup. I've thought to myself several times this year "Babcock is trying to replicate his 2003 season.."

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
So... curious, how many shifts with Datsyuk did Nyquist get? Not saying it would have made a difference, just wondering.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Griffins won again tonight, they might be the best team in the AHL. Time to start watching their games instead to see if they can win the Calder Cup.

You should. I'd recommend finding the Griffins' message board as well. Way better than this one. You'd enjoy it. You shouldn't waste your time here. You're better than this place.

VM1138

Apr 30, 2007
Yup, lots and lots. Now time to go to bed and potentially be hungover for class tomorrow morning. Brutal. I'm so fing frustrated at this team this season. The management is ****ing awful right now. Strength and conditioning coach because theres so many injuries. Holland for signing guys who should be retired and not letting Tatar stay up. Babcock for not giving Nyquist a top 6 position and playing Cleary still. I have never been so mad at the team before. Nyquist didn't play in the top 6 one time. For ****s sake you lost the game early in the 3rd, change the lines to see what may work next game!!

I wonder if Babcock and Holland are having a spat. Holland specifically said he hoped he was calling Nyquist up to play in the top 6, and then Babcock doesn't give him a shift up there?

I wonder if Babcock is trying to force Holland's hand?

CloneHakanPlease*

I wonder if Babcock and Holland are having a spat. Holland specifically said he hoped he was calling Nyquist up to play in the top 6, and then Babcock doesn't give him a shift up there?

If that's the case, Holland needs to man up and fire Babcock.

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone

Tatar wouldn't have changed a tide of suckage of this magnitude. Forget about him. And I'm pretty sure Nyquist did get some top six time.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
So you called them out by name but you ACTUALLY meant some other nameless guys?

Just take your ****ing pick. Not a damn player on this team is playing up to snuff. Why the hell are you trying anything possible to defend any and all players, front office, coaches or decisions made by this team? Are you trying to win some fan of the year award? Congrats you are the bestest Red Wings fan on the mother ****ing inter webs.

Meanwhile in reality, this team ****ing sucks. It no has identity, no heart, no structure, not enough talent, no discernable plan. There's no rhyme or ****ing reason with the coaching or front office.

If that's doom and gloom, deal with it. This is a ****ing mess it's been coming for three years and it's not going to get better over night.

Something has to change. Be it Holland, Babcock or a huge shake up to the lockeroom something has to give. The status quo is not ****ing cutting it, period.

/breath

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I think they are. It was pretty clear he was still thinking of sitting him earlier and got overruled in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad