Post-Game Talk: GAME 26 - YUCK!!!!!! Detroit 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Your posts are just about Heinen. We get it. You don’t like Heinen! I hope you don’t think he’s the teams problem and by putting him in the minors or a lower line fixed the teams problems.
As far as wanting McQuaid here to make people answer the bell, teams have been taking runs at the Bruins for s few years now with McQuaid here. That a false narrative, and I like Q.

Not at all...I like Heinen on the 3rd line and think he can be productive there. I've had positive things to say about him. I think some of you see him in top 6 and I think it's wishful thinking - he isn't skilled enough. I think there are more creative players in the system that can play that role / help the top 6 players.

Reactions: Strafer and sarge88

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Not at all...I like Heinen on the 3rd line and think he can be productive there. I've had positive things to say about him. I think some of you see him in top 6 and I think it's wishful thinking - he isn't skilled enough. I think there are more creative players in the system that can play that role / help the top 6 players.
The problem lies in the fact that either side will go to extremes to prove their point about him being good or bad. I will say that he is somewhere in the middle. I also think he is there because the team doesn’t have anyone to displace him from there. Cassidy has tried and none of the bottom six has grabbed that spot. So now the blame goes on Heinen. Right now I agree with some that he belongs on the third line. Hey, it’s where he did his best work last year. It’s where you have a more favorable match up. I like the kids game and think he has a spot on the team. I have other thoughts about what is a real problem but would be ridiculed.

Reactions: Strafer

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The problem lies in the fact that either side will go to extremes to prove their point about him being good or bad. I will say that he is somewhere in the middle. I also think he is there because the team doesn’t have anyone to displace him from there. Cassidy has tried and none of the bottom six has grabbed that spot. So now the blame goes on Heinen. Right now I agree with some that he belongs on the third line. Hey, it’s where he did his best work last year. It’s where you have a more favorable match up. I like the kids game and think he has a spot on the team. I have other thoughts about what is a real problem but would be ridiculed.

Please tell us 46 is the the problem and how the game has passed him by. Ya know, the usual

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Not a bad game, we generated a lot of shots. We got little traffic in front, and when we did get it the points shots were off by a mile. Larkin is one hell of a player. He took Pasta out of the game all night and it showed. We need help up front, bad. We only have 1 forward out with injury right now. There will be a point this season when that number is 3 or 4. That does not bode well for us.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Everything seems to get blocked or goes wide,I think point shots get generated from cycling the puck,you get the opposition running around than the point shots become affective
I watch other teams do it regularly against the Bruins,Detroit was doing it quite a bit,Tampa and Toronto use it continuously against them.But Bruins really don’t do it much ,forth line some,last season the forth line was great at it,but there other lines are more of an attack on the go,kind of one and done.Not sure if it’s not a big part of Cassidy’s game plan or just not in the players they haves DNA’s.I remember some of the Bruins biggest goals coming on the cycle,game 7 winning goal against Leafs,Montreal in 2011,Maybe I’m putting to much into it ,but it just seems to be almost nonexistent in this current Bruins team,I don’t know maybe I’m just putting to much into it.

It is definitely a system thing. Cassidy made a couple tweaks to the system they used to use and probably the most talked about one was trying to generate more offense from the forwards down low and by extension use the points less. I think they relied on it a little too much his first year and became predicatable in the playoffs but I think they’ve found a happy medium now. There’s certainly no shortage of shots being generated, even if goals by defensemen are down.

I think where the personnel changes and DNA of the group is most reflected is on breakouts and transition. A lot of the same stretch plays and quick-up breakouts were instituted during Loui Erikson’s second season here but the forwards now are so much faster and the defense is so much more mobile and good at moving the puck that it really speeds up the pace of the entire team.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I would take Spooner over Heinen in a heartbeat. Yes.

Watching Krejci get his teeth knocked out, not getting a night off and then watching the same thing the next night has made me support cleaning house. Hire Quenville, new GM, bye Neely

Wow... I've read some bad takes but... just wow.

The first post you referenced WAS bad.

However, the middle post above screams, “I don’t take a backseat to any bad take ever.”

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
to be fair I've never gone around posting how great Heinen and Bjork and their 8 points in 43 games are

Neither have I? Also, can we stop combining player stats? It's really stupid to me. They're separate players. Heinen has played in 24 games, and Bjork had played in 20.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Neither have I? Also, can we stop combining player stats? It's really stupid to me. They're separate players. Heinen has played in 24 games, and Bjork had played in 20.

compare our 2nd line to Montreal for bench mark how much production we should be getting out of a 2nd line to see how bad the stats are. Tatar and Gallagher are productive there. Even their rookie Kokaniemi has out produced Bjork and Heinen combined.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
With a healthy Bergeron, Chara and McAvoy, does this feel like a team that can beat Tampa and advance to the conference finals?

I’m not sure if they’re trending up, down or straight ahead.

While the defense is getting younger, it feels like the forwards are getting older.

It’s worrisome.

It’s very worrisome.

I always felt the future did not look great ..it doesn't look bad either. Bubble team at best.
One Berg and DK are done we re in trouble..

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I am not sure what you want from this player. He gets to play with Nordstrom and Accari most of the time. Yes he does/ has taken shifts with 74 and 46 but not that often. My belief is that Cassidy really trust his play on the back side of the puck and that is why he puts him with 20 and 55 most of the time. He breaks up plays, clears the zone and is not afraid to get his nose dirty. He has some arts but not many, especially compared to the regular bottom six.

We have enough ahlers

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I always felt the future did not look great ..it doesn't look bad either. Bubble team at best.

Any team who loses their top 2 centers are "in trouble". Why is it just assumed that the Bruins won't have potential replacements?

Also, totally ready for grammar Nazi responses, but seriously....Were you going for "we are" or "we're" in the bolded? Just confused how one can really f*** this up :laugh:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

could be sooner than later the way teams are targeting them now. I'd be furious if I were them. Getting lined up for HR hits over an 82 game season is dangerous

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I look at teams like Florida and NJ and I’m not willing to say that BUF will be good for the next five years just because they look good for a third of one season.

Tampa and Toronto will be tough.

Buffalo is finally on the right track and if they weren't garbage at drafting later picks they'd be much better.....
Eichel Dahlin Mittelstatd reinhart Skinner (still young).... Not bad
Not Stanley cup material but pretty good looking future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad