Post-Game Talk: GAME 26 - YUCK!!!!!! Detroit 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Any team who loses their top 2 centers are "in trouble". Why is it just assumed that the Bruins won't have potential replacements?

Also, totally ready for grammar Nazi responses, but seriously....Were you going for "we are" or "we're" in the bolded? Just confused how one can really **** this up :laugh:

Who are these replacements??
JFK?? Who.?? Unfortunately you will see it by yourself the way you're seeing Danton's production prowess.
As far as the grammar take..
Ugh.. board literature * eek

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Agree with ALL of this Nugs.

Come deadline time though, this team is likely on the outside looking in. So . . .does mngt look at moving Chara, DK, Backes for futures to compliment organizational depth? Do they make reactionary move to get into the playoffs for a Round sacrificing the future?

Mngt really has to look at the Division and how do we compete with Buff, Tampa, and the Leafs for the next five years.

honestly, i'd be shocked if the bruins were sellers. barring a complete and total meltdown, of course.
and without chara/bergeron/mcavoy, this team had every opportunity to throw in the towel and totally
suck. but their heads are amazingly above water due to great goaltending, smart system play, and young
players plugging gaps. this season could've gone the full jack hughes, yet they are in a playoff spot.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
They seriously need help up front with or without Bergeron in the lineup.

Prospects/young players are not ready to hold it down or provide any kind of consistency yet. It’s not a slam on them as players, the team took a gamble on filling needs in house and it hasn’t worked out for them the way it did last year or the way it has on defense.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
So reading this there are two major schools of thoughts. One the guys who have moved on from the Bruins and are not producing would be so great to have here. Spooner, Lucic, Schaller, Nash, Czarnik, McQuaid, We need these guys back! Two, guys who are here should be more than they are. It's not Nordstroms fault he is on the 2nd and 3rd lines some nights, that's where he's plugged, it's not who he is. Acciari the same, he's not a 3rd line guy but that's where he's put. Cave will never ever be a 1st line center, so don't expect him to be Bergeron. This team has holes the will not be plugged internally, until management moves some prospects for a couple of veterans for lines 2 and 3, these guys are who they are.

Reactions: Strafer

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I’d be more worried if Sweeney was blindly trusting this team to solve all of its own problems (as chiarelli did, and does to this day), but he has come out and said they are looking for help up front.

We are less than a third of the way through the year, we’re in a playoff spot despite tons of injuries, and we’ve got good prospects/young players to use and possibly move for help on the front end.

...the bottom line is this team is not really in a bad place despite the clamoring from much of this board.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I’d be more worried if Sweeney was blindly trusting this team to solve all of its own problems (as chiarelli did, and does to this day), but he has come out and said they are looking for help up front.

We are less than a third of the way through the year, we’re in a playoff spot despite tons of injuries, and we’ve got good prospects/young players to use and possibly move for help on the front end.

...the bottom line is this team is not really in a bad place despite the clamoring from much of this board.

This team is almost a carbon copy of last year, loads of injuries, goals hard to come by, grinded it out until bodies started to return to the lineup, fans complained about them being Charmin soft.

I have little issues with acquiring a big body who can take care of business when the time calls for it. The key, that player has to know how to actually play the game too, so whose out there and available?

Reactions: Tbrady12

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
This team is almost a carbon copy of last year, loads of injuries, goals hard to come by, grinded it out until bodies started to return to the lineup, fans complained about them being Charmin soft.

I have little issues with acquiring a big body who can take care of business when the time calls for it. The key, that player has to know how to actually play the game too, so whose out there and available?
With Miller and Mcquaid ,who was calling them soft,I sure wasn’t

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
With Miller and Mcquaid ,who was calling them soft,I sure wasn’t

no, also saw plenty of liberties over the years being taken with the team with both mentioned above, plus Looch, Thorty etc...

There is no argument I could make to defend this teams toughness when it comes to physical play, with some fisticuffs, this isn`t the lineup who plays that way or has players who play that way. I dunno, I look at a team like the Leafs, not a scrapper in the bunch, in fact, they tossed aside Martin and Polak from last year`s squad, they don`t get pushed around but they are also fast and elusive, something this team isn`t.

DK plodding right up the middle yesterday, head down, gets clocked

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
And I'm fully aware that you will continue to think getting a big tough guy will prevent this (when it won't).

Having at least one tough hombre won't prevent some of our players getting smashed here and there.

However, when one teams feels far heavier than their opponent even the smaller guys on that team feel big.

That translates into everyone hitting and playing big and deciding who is the windshield and who is the bug.

We saw the other side justs few nights ago against Montreal with Miller setting the tone.

That's what players like that can bring.

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I hope everyone is content with being a competitive regular season team and a team that cannot go deep into the playoffs. This management team has a ceiling. It cannot do what's necessary to get the team to the next level. It's piss poor at addressing major team needs and signing big-contract players. It's great at stockpiling and drafting d-men. It's above average at making a couple good depth signings per season. The problem is that's not going to be enough to put a competitive Cup team on the ice. I know, I know...deals are hard to make. That may be true, but other teams are able to do it.

I spent the morning looking at the bottom 6 of the upper half of NHL teams. Holy crap do the Bs have some work to do in trying to match the upper echelon teams' bottom 6 players. I realize that many people on here, along with management, get attached to certain players because they work hard and make some good plays. Problem is that those types of players are a dime a dozen. There's a reason the Bs are able to sign so many of them. The Bs bottom 6 simply doesn't have the talent and ability to finish plays in the Ozone on par with most of the league's elite teams. It's a friggin joke to see so many redundant players in the Bs bottom 6. How many of those guys would be on the third line of the elite teams? Hell, how many would be on the fourth line of the elite teams? Not many. Most of them would be in the AHL or be sent packing. Good luck going deep into the playoffs with a pure trash third line and a fourth line full of little engines that could, but struggle to score at the pace of elite fourth lines.

Then throw in the absolute inability of management to get a scoring winger for the top 6. The Backes signing was awful from the start. The Nash deal was downright stupid -- I called that one from day one so I don't want to hear how it looked great on paper -- it didn't look good to people who had been paying attention to Nash. Signing broken down and injury-prone vets whose better days are behind them is a basic concept any GM should understand is not a good gamble. I always hear from the Bs Management apologists that DS and Co are trying. That may be true. I will grant that they are trying, but they are also failing. A bold move that may not be popular with fans is what needs to be done. The Bs have great goalies, excellent D depth, a superb first line, and that's where it ends. Krejci has raised his game this season and is an elite passer but is still a poor shooter who misses too many easy shots at his pay grade. Jake is awesome and will thrive for years to come. That other wing spot is STILL in need of a scorer. It wasn't taken care of over the summer. It's not being taken care of now. Lots of excuses, but no action. Excuses don't win Cups, period.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Buffalo is finally on the right track and if they weren't garbage at drafting later picks they'd be much better.....
Eichel Dahlin Mittelstatd reinhart Skinner (still young).... Not bad
Not Stanley cup material but pretty good looking future

Skinner is a UFA and with the way he is scoring, someone will open the vault for him, and it probably won’t be BUF.

NJ looked good last year and poised to be a contender and this year have shit the bed.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Skinner is a UFA and with the way he is scoring, someone will open the vault for him, and it probably won’t be BUF.

NJ looked good last year and poised to be a contender and this year have **** the bed.

I didn't say a contender not yet but they have some fine young talent and if they play their cards right ....they will be one of the better teams in the very near future.. I wouldn't be surprised if they signed Skinner. Not saying it's a given
But Jeff must be having fun right now playing in Buffalo

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Maybe to an extent but now you're reaching a little...too be honest I see the D being much more involved in the O to help them produce.

Reaching a little?

The offense starts on the back end, and with all the injuries to the D, it has absolutely affected the offense. If you don’t believe me, listen to Cassidy.

Quick question, everyone keeps telling me that the B’s offense is struggling...and you are telling me the D is helping them? I don’t see it. Please don’t confuse Clifton rushing the puck with the D joining the offense.

When the D is healthy, the F’s can play higher and be less concerned with helping. The transition works smoother and then the D can join the rush to create odd man situations. Right now, that’s not happening.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
anybody going after Ovechkin, Kuznetov , Backstom nightly?

Ummm, you really don’t think (or do any research) before you post, do you? The gems just roll right out.

Guess you were not aware that both Kuznetsov and Oshie were hurt two weeks ago? Both got concussed in a game vs WPG (Kuz on a Tanev elbow and Oshie on a hit by Morrissey).

So, apparently people are going after Kuz and Oshie nightly, even though the Caps employ big and bad players like Wilson and Smith-Pelley.

Who would have thunk it?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Reaching a little?

The offense starts on the back end, and with all the injuries to the D, it has absolutely affected the offense. If you don’t believe me, listen to Cassidy.

Quick question, everyone keeps telling me that the B’s offense is struggling...and you are telling me the D is helping them? I don’t see it. Please don’t confuse Clifton rushing the puck with the D joining the offense.

When the D is healthy, the F’s can play higher and be less concerned with helping. The transition works smoother and then the D can join the rush to create odd man situations. Right now, that’s not happening.

Offence starting from the back end isnt that black and white.
For instance the pens won the cup with a very average non offensive D( Letang was out)
There are 2 schools of thought here and niether are right or wrong.
For ex..Glen sather while his cup winning years in Edmonton said" the best defence is offence"
Today getting goals from the Dmen is even tougher then it used to be (from blueline)

Reactions: Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Reaching a little?

great post, Jack and Brick spoke to this very subject last night mentioning just what you and I believe, the offense, in this NHL usually starts with solid D.

We saw this last year, once the D got healthy, the scoring woes that this team experienced (which many seem to have forgotten existed last year during their early season injury issues, the scoring will come.

Absolutely appreciate and am optimistic about the way the kids like Lauzon/Clifton have played, exceeded any expectations I had but you put a McAvoy/Miller/Carlo/Moore/Krug and Grizz back there, you now have a D who are far more consistent in defending, taking possession of the puck and moving it. We aren`t seeing that as much now, teams spending alot of time in the B`s zone

Reactions: bobbyorr04
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad