Post-Game Talk: GAME 26 - YUCK!!!!!! Detroit 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Ummm, you really don’t think (or do any research) before you post, do you? The gems just roll right out.

Guess you were not aware that both Kuznetsov and Oshie were hurt two weeks ago? Both got concussed in a game vs WPG (Kuz on a Tanev elbow and Oshie on a hit by Morrissey).

So, apparently people are going after Kuz and Oshie nightly, even though the Caps employ big and bad players like Wilson and Smith-Pelley.

Who would have thunk it?

Guess what. Everyone knows the Bruins problems at this point. It's a wonderful sight to see.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Offence starting from the back end isnt that black and white.
For instance the pens won the cup with a very average non offensive D( Letang was out)
There are 2 schools of thought here and niether are right or wrong.
For ex..Glen sather while his cup winning years in Edmonton said" the best defence is offence"
Today getting goals from the Dmen is even tougher then it used to be (from blueline)

it`s not about the D necessarily being "offensive", it`s about the D being solid and in the right spot to get to the puck first, win battles and or stop a play outright so a team can transition and when the Pens won the Cups, their D did just that. Didn`t produce a ton of pts but were very effective at limiting opponents opportunities and got the puck up to the forwards quickly, this team is struggling to do that right now

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Offence starting from the back end isnt that black and white.
For instance the pens won the cup with a very average non offensive D( Letang was out)
There are 2 schools of thought here and niether are right or wrong.
For ex..Glen sather while his cup winning years in Edmonton said" the best defence is offence"
Today getting goals from the Dmen is even tougher then it used to be (from blueline)

You can get away with it when you have dominant F lines (like the Pens had), but their D still had to transition the puck out quickly.

For teams who don’t have Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, etc., it is that black and white.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
What does that have to do with you having no clue about what you are saying?

You completely avoided the question, which you do quite often when you don’t have an answer.

Waste of time arguing with you. You dont want to see this team do anything to get better, especially fighting back against other teams

Reactions: Dreghorn2

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
You can get away with it when you have dominant F lines (like the Pens had), but their D still had to transition the puck out quickly.

For teams who don’t have Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, etc., it is that black and white.

I thought you'd come back with that and it's true ...they do have elite forwards. However this bruins team main issue which has been the case from the outset is their lack of depth..an over abundance of mediocre non productive players . I'd say anything else is a far second. Even with a fully healthy D ... This team needs more depth . It has been the problem and will continue to be repetition unless DS solves this
Soon enough.

Reactions: Strafer

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I thought you'd come back with that and it's true ...they do have elite forwards. However this bruins team main issue which has been the case from the outset is their lack of depth..an over abundance of mediocre non productive players . I'd say anything else is a far second. Even with a fully healthy D ... This team needs more depth . It has been the problem and will continue to be repetition unless DS solves this
Soon enough.

Agreed. We are a 1 line team, and if #63 & #88 don't score we got nothing. We are not a scary team to play against 5 on 5, and our gameplan most nights is to defend first, hope to steal a few goals on the power play, and ride our goaltending.

Given our injuries, I'm actually impressed that its worked as well as it has, to date. But the bottom line is that this roster has a lot of offensive holes and is nowhere near being a cup contender, even after #37 comes back.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Waste of time arguing with you. You dont want to see this team do anything to get better, especially fighting back against other teams

This is absolutely false. I have said repeatedly that I would like to see the B’s upgrade the 2nd line RW and the 3C positions.

I love physical hockey and hope that guys like Cave, Frederic, Studnicka and others can deliver gritty play and produce offense while playing that style.

The difference between you and I (well one of them) is that I don’t attribute the B’s problems to primarily one thing (lack of toughness) like you do. I also see that cheap shots are a problem in the NHL for every team, no matter how tough they are, not just the soft B’s.

Reactions: BigBear83

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
This is absolutely false. I have said repeatedly that I would like to see the B’s upgrade the 2nd line RW and the 3C positions.

I love physical hockey and hope that guys like Cave, Frederic, Studnicka and others can deliver gritty play and produce offense while playing that style.

The difference between you and I (well one of them) is that I don’t attribute the B’s problems to primarily one thing (lack of toughness) like you do. I also see that cheap shots are a problem in the NHL for every team, no matter how tough they are, not just the soft B’s.

Bruins have some good forwards mixed with AHL talent, combined with no physical presence. Top heavy team with no realistic shot getting passed the 2nd round. I said they would go after Krejci now and they are doing that. When he's gone, this is a lottery team

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Soon enough.

I lean more your way and see the biggest problem being that opponents know that lines 3 and 4 simply can’t score.

I don’t think a blue line of Bourque, Coffey, Leetch and Housley would make their bottom 6-8 forwards much more productive.

Line 1 is legit....less so without Bergeron, of course, but still effective overall (partly because they are key PP guys)

Line 2 is probably what a contenders third line is right now.

Even when everyone is back. I still want them to package some youth for legit forward help and hopefully a bottom 6 guy who is tougher than they have now.

Reactions: Strafer and Hali33

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Bruins have some good forwards mixed with AHL talent, combined with no physical presence. Top heavy team with no realistic shot getting passed the 2nd round. I said they would go after Krejci now and they are doing that. When he's gone, this is a lottery team

And I just showed you an example of a heavy Washington team that had two of their top players knocked out of a game with cheap plays.

If teams are going to target Krejci, they are going to target Krejci. If the B’s want it to cease, they need to have Cave, Wagner, Acciari, etc., target skill guys from the other team.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
And I just showed you an example of a heavy Washington team that had two of their top players knocked out of a game with cheap plays.

If teams are going to target Krejci, they are going to target Krejci. If the B’s want it to cease, they need to have Cave, Wagner, Acciari, etc., target skill guys from the other team.

keep reaching Ovechkin loves having Wilson watching his back. Ill listen to him 100/100 times over you

“He’s one of the leaders on the team,” Ovechkin said. “He bring energy of course. He bring toughness. I think when he’s on the ice the other team get a little afraid because he’s a big boy. He can hit and now we can see he’s kind of like Eric Lindros. Play hard, score goals, and good assists.”

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
keep reaching Ovechkin loves having Wilson watching his back. Ill listen to him 100/100 times over you

“He’s one of the leaders on the team,” Ovechkin said. “He bring energy of course. He bring toughness. I think when he’s on the ice the other team get a little afraid because he’s a big boy. He can hit and now we can see he’s kind of like Eric Lindros. Play hard, score goals, and good assists.”

Awesome.

Winnipeg was so afraid, they took out Kuznetsov with an elbow and Morrissey took out Oshie after slamming him to the ice.

WHAT ARE YOU NOT GETTING ABOUT THIS!!??

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
like I said this is a waste of time. You have your way of seeing things and that's not changing

My way of seeing things??!!!

Dude, you go on and on about how soft the B’s are and that nobody runs the Cap’s players cuz they are big and stuff...and yet that’s exactly what happened.

That’s not my way of seeing things. That’s fact, but it contradicts your skewed view, so I must be the issue.

You: 2+2 = 3

Me: Actually, 2+2 = 4

You: This is a waste of time, you see things your own way.

:laugh::nod:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
My way of seeing things??!!!

Dude, you go on and on about how soft the B’s are and that nobody runs the Cap’s players cuz they are big and stuff...and yet that’s exactly what happened.

That’s not my way of seeing things. That’s fact, but it contradicts your skewed view, so I must be the issue.

You: 2+2 = 3

Me: Actually, 2+2 = 4

You: This is a waste of time, you see things your own way.

:laugh::nod:

get over it, the evidence of lack of toughness overwhelming and you're reaching

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
..... I said they would go after Krejci now and they are doing that. When he's gone, this is a lottery team

This notion that teams are suddenly "going after Krejci" is a stretch. The hit last night on him was a 100% clean and legal play. It was a good physical hockey hit that is exactly the type of play that we would expect from our players. Its a hit any NHL player worth his salt would have taken, regardless of who it was or whether or not we had an enforcer on our team.

I'd argue that the hit he took against the Islanders was in that same category. Yes, he got hit in the mouth, but it was virtually the exact same play, other than the fact that he got hit about 3 inches higher.

I expect ANY player to make that hit if the opportunity presents itself, regardless of who is on the roster.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Any team who loses their top 2 centers are "in trouble". Why is it just assumed that the Bruins won't have potential replacements?

Also, totally ready for grammar Nazi responses, but seriously....Were you going for "we are" or "we're" in the bolded? Just confused how one can really **** this up :laugh:

What?

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
I think getting pushed around and out hit by the Wings was just a little shocking,the Wings really haven’t been thought of as a physical team for years,but suddenly they are more than the Bruins are.

Keep in mind that the wings don't normally suit up Witkowski..... He's played like 5 games this season. He's the one that blew up Krejci and actually dropped gloves. They brought him into this game to do exactly what he did. Attempt to take another pound flesh from an already injured opponent.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Keep in mind that the wings don't normally suit up Witkowski..... He's played like 5 games this season. He's the one that blew up Krejci and actually dropped gloves. They brought him into this game to do exactly what he did. Attempt to take another pound flesh from an already injured opponent.
That is because teams know they can push the Bruins around with little effort. Detroit opted for this route and it worked last night, other teams I am sure are watching.

The team has a myriad of issues, lack of push back, lack of a second line RW, lack of a third line center, depth scoring that was suppose to come from Heinen, Bjork and Donato and it isn't. The quickest, easiest one to fix is adding some size and toughness to the bottom 6. At this point just about anybody that would be labeled a fighter/grinder will produce more than our current bottom 6 never mind actually fixing one of the issues with the team.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Watching Krejci get his teeth knocked out, not getting a night off and then watching the same thing the next night has made me support cleaning house. Hire Quenville, new GM, bye Neely
What makes you think he wants a night off?

Krejci has been tremendous IMO, and has been a consistent player since we've had all the injuries. Far more consistent than Marchand and Pasta. We need more from both of them.

Krejci doesn't need you to be his nanny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->