GDT: Game 26 | Columbus Blue Jackets @ Detroit Red Wings | 5:00 PM EST | FS-D

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I just wanted to say this about Ericsson. He's good for a few good breakaway passes every season. But in general, his breakout pass today sucked. Into the skates. Into the other team's skates. Ahead of our forwards. Behind the forwards.

Yeah, but that's not his primary job. It's nice to have them here and there, but 90% of time his passes should be to Kronwall and then he starts the offence.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Clearly, the top-six needs a shakeup. Pav has struggled mightily since Babcock's Pets were put on his line and lately Z and Brunner haven't managed to produce the way that we need them to.

RedWingsNow*

Well, if they are showcasing Kindl -- Cha-ching!
I thought he played well.

RedWingsNow*

Yeah, but that's not his primary job. It's nice to have them here and there, but 90% of time his passes should be to Kronwall and then he starts the offence.

When you're out there with D or Z all the time, it's an important part of your job.

If our transition game ALWAYS goes through Kronwall, imagine how easy it is to stop

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
The only thing surprising about any of this is that people actually seemed surprised. The writing has been on the wall for quite awhile.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
the problem that I have with this current team. Is the show flashes of being great. But then there's games like yesterday and 2 periods of the today. And they look like the worst team in the league.it would be so nice be able to say that they are not good enough. But it seems like they are missing heart. And Howard's 2 softies and sad shootout effort

Actual Thought*

the problem that I have with this current team. Is the show flashes of being great. But then there's games like yesterday and 2 periods of the today. And they look like the worst team in the league.it would be so nice be able to say that they are not good enough. But it seems like they are missing heart. And Howard's 2 softies and sad shootout effort
It is called parity. The whole league sucks now. Chicago is setting records beating up on mediocre teams every night. I never thought the NHL could become so horrible but Bettman has achieved it.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

Excuse my frankness, but no, no, no. This team does not show any flashes of being great. It shows flashes of being a decent playoff team, nothing more and nothing less.

But here's the thing and this is something we'll probably have to get used to: every single team in the league today shows such flashes. This is the age of parity, there are no 1993 Senators to be found anymore. There's a few good teams and then a big amorphous mass of mediocre teams, some better than others but it's rare you can clearly tell which is which until after the fact. The Wings are in that amorphous mass and the injuries have pushed them further to the back of that pack. There's no mystery involved.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Excuse my frankness, but no, no, no. This team does not show any flashes of being great. It shows flashes of being a decent playoff team, nothing more and nothing less.

But here's the thing and this is something we'll probably have to get used to: every single team in the league today shows such flashes. This is the age of parity, there are no 1993 Senators to be found anymore. There's a few good teams and then a big amorphous mass of mediocre teams, some better than others but it's rare you can clearly tell which is which until after the fact. The Wings are in that amorphous mass and the injuries have pushed them further to the back of that pack. There's no mystery involved.

This is pretty accurate.

It's frustrating when your favorite team is middle of the pack, but when 70% of the league is, it's hard to get too much in a fuss about it. Even after losing a bunch to Columbus.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
This is pretty accurate.

It's frustrating when your favorite team is middle of the pack, but when 70% of the league is, it's hard to get too much in a fuss about it. Even after losing a bunch to Columbus.

Yes, but surely we should be outraged by something

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It takes two weeks and we are last in western conference.

7 of next 8 games are on the road. After that we are at 34 game mark, with 17/17 split with home/road games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad