Post-Game Talk: #GAME 26: Canucks 4, Willie D. Kings 2: A win? Gaudette's first?! (Roadtrip 1-2-0)

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Hutton needs to move the puck faster, he doesn't usually play like this often. He just eats the puck in the corner when they dump it in, waits for a King to pin him and then he tries to make a pass while a King is on him. If he could just turn quicker or move the puck immediately, he would be so much better.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
I still don't like the pick and I never will but what's done is done. I'm happy Virtanen is doing well this season and I hope it continues.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Shooting 6% higher than usual is also a huge boost.

Crazy that perception of a player changes so quickly when they nearly double their regular shooting percentage.
I think he missing the net quite a lot has something to do with his high sht percentage

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver

Crazy that perception of a player changes so quickly when they nearly double their regular shooting percentage.

I mean, even without the doubled regular shooting percentage, it doesn't excuse the plays and defensive awareness Jake has been displaying this season that has been much improved comparatively to even last year.

Are you saying that Virtanen isn't improved compared to previous years?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Crazy that perception of a player changes so quickly when they nearly double their shooting percentage.

But it's not just the goals, he's making a lot more happen on the ice. Also, his shooting percentage was inordinately low so far in his career for a forward. His current percentage might not be sustainable for him (though is pretty average for many), but I wouldn't be surprised if he maintained something above 10 as he improves as a player.

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.

It's not really about his goal total this year, it's more his overall game. He just looks plain better out there all around.

Not to mention, his career shooting% is so low because he used to take so many low-chance perimeter shots in earlier years.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
I hate Biega the hockey player (not the person) and have for a while. I don't understand those who like him because he skates pretty good. There was that one game where he was pretty good, but 95% of games he can't make any plays and completely saps any transitional momentum the team would otherwise have. I'd take Pouliot over him any day.

With Jake it's a lot about learning to win puck battles. He has a lot of strength, but he was being outmaneuvered too often before. It's easier to make plays when you have the puck...

Reactions: VIPettersson

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
That's why I'll always prefer Motte to Schaller/Granlund/Eriksson. He used his speed and applied the body to separate the puck from the carrier. If Loui ever finishes a check or generates a turnover I'll eat my hat.

CanucksSTM

Mar 8, 2018
Am I the only one who would keep the goalie in the net and let them try to tie it 5v4 ?

I don't get the call by WillieD

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
c7a69b9a26d1e6be012e2d85bdd7484d.png

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Am I the only one who would keep the goalie in the net and let them try to tie it 5v4 ?

I don't get the call by WillieD

I mean.. statistically speaking it's worth it to play 6v4, not like you get penalized when losing by more

Reactions: 13 others

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad