GDT: Game 25: Oilers @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ - Tippetting!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Edmonton fans are almost as insecure as Leafs fans. They won the game and they're still whining and crying :laugh:

Needing 2 of the top 5 players in the game to pull out the basement will do that to you I suppose

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Seems It's been awhile since the Coyote's have been the better team in a game, despite getting some wins and points.
Might be the long month really taking its toll now. They seemingly haven't had enough time to practice either, hence why every one seems to have the Coyotes figured out and nothing new is coming other than moving around players in the lineup.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Might be the long month really taking its toll now. They seemingly haven't had enough time to practice either, hence why every one seems to have the Coyotes figured out and nothing new is coming other than moving around players in the lineup.

They practice. They get video sessions. They're actually told to play that garbage passive box, both at ES and on the PP. Is there another team in the league that willingly dumps it in and turns it over more than the Coyotes? I doubt it.

Fun fact: Lyubushkin is the only Coyote to be on the ice for more scoring chances for than against, largely due to his sheltered minutes. The whole year.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Yeah a couple days rest and a few practises sure would be nice. Not getting that chance this month though.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Schedule remains difficult all the way up to the Xmas break. They get a 10 day break around the All Star weekend, but then it's back to chaos.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Yeah im not gonna be too salty about this one. The Coyotes schedule has been absolute banana lands. The guys are tired and it shows. I'm proud of where we're at. The only thing that worries me is that we have some key players that look like shells of their former selves so hopefully that shit fixes itself real quick.

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
I mean... you have Grabner/Keller/Kessel/Soderberg/Stepan and you choose to put Hinostroza Garland and Schmaltz in the shootout instead lol

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
We definitely have more points than our talent should. I give that to the goalies more than anything else though. Have either of them really looked bad in a game all year? I think they've at least given us a decent shot to win every night and stolen plenty of games.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
TBH if we put Stepan out at least I'd have gotten a laugh out of his slapshot attempt so it might have been worth it.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Puck dies on Kessels stick with alarming regularity. nobody else on the team can keep up with Smaltz

Reactions: 0point1

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
So where was Todd Walsh? He's not listed on the Coyotes' site under broadcasters and it's not like they're holding back on listing any one associated with the team; it includes Luna, the guide-dog. Perhaps this is the silver-lining to this game's letdown.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
The Schmaltz-Garland combo won the last two shootouts. I don't think you pay attention to the Coyotes tbh. Stepan? Soda?
And Vinnie showed sick moves on the shootout last year as well. They are without a doubt our three best options for a shootout in my mind. I wouldn't second guess Keller or Kessel out there instead of Vinnie, but Schmaltz and Garland have been our two best weapons by far this year.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Whatever. Three points out of four is still solid. Just keep banking points.

I like the idea of going Raanta the next two games and then Kuemper on Saturday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad