GDT: Game 25: Oilers @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ - Tippetting!

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Fun game to be at. #1 and #2 seed played a solid game. Had anyone told me AZ and Edmonton would be number one and two near thanksgiving I wouldn’t have believed you.

Oesterle and Bush completely blew it on that game tying goal. Darcy should’ve probably done a better job with the rebound but you don’t let the guy who shoots it skate to the net like that. It was definitely Bushs better game but he has regressed since last year.

I ran into Zbynek in the concourse with his son. I figured they had moved back overseas but his son was wearing a local youth team. He looks great!

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
At the end of the day, we're still 3rd in the West and have the best goal differential in the conference. The difference between our best and worst is still way too far apart, though. When it's bad, it's really bad.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
So where was Todd Walsh? He's not listed on the Coyotes' site under broadcasters and it's not like they're holding back on listing any one associated with the team; it includes Luna, the guide-dog. Perhaps this is the silver-lining to this game's letdown.

All I want for Christmas is a Coyotes broadcast without Todd Walsh ever again. Hopefully El Jefe makes it happen.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Alex Goligoski currently has the same points total (14) as Keller and Kessel.

Let that sink in for a minute.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Alex Goligoski currently has the same points total (14) as Keller and Kessel.

giphy.gif

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
All those meaningless wins Tippett got against the Oilers helped set up all those #1's they had. Now he's coaching them. Tippett's master plan?
DT takes a time out in overtime so he can put out his two big horses again. Smart.

Reactions: Mosby

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
(shootout)...better than wearing out players and/or end games in a tie

Last season an average of 6% of a teams games ended in a shootout. That's 5 games on average, which if we instead extended those OTs another 5 minutes means a max of 25 minutes of additional 3 on 3 over a 6-month season. I think pro athletes could handle it without any negative impact.

Fun fact: last season Vancouver led the league with 12 shootout games, while Ottawa only had one.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We didn't play great, game was close, but good enough to get a point against the #1 team (right now) in the WC, we take it.
You know, I thought we played pretty good. Nice to see the role players getting involved. The Oilers are on a long road trip and they showed they have more depth than in previous years.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We definitely have more points than our talent should. I give that to the goalies more than anything else though. Have either of them really looked bad in a game all year? I think they've at least given us a decent shot to win every night and stolen plenty of games.
That's what I have been saying all year and I get flamed for it. Last night Kuemper did not stand on his head, let in a bad goal, and we get 1 instead of 2 pts. The game in LA, Raanta did not have to stand on his head, but he was by far our best player and we got 2 pts. We will only go as far as our goalies take us.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
You know, I thought we played pretty good. Nice to see the role players getting involved. The Oilers are on a long road trip and they showed they have more depth than in previous years.
The Oilers are so reliant on Mcdrai, teams will eventually figure out how to slow them down and be better prepared for them. That point pace is the best since 95, the game is much faster now and team D is much better. Tip has devised a way to maximize them and play them huge minutes at the same time. Teams will figure them out, they might get over worked or nagging injuries. If the Oilers make it into the playoffs, teams will be very well prepped for them. We played the night before and did a decent job against those two.

I would rather have our better D (with hammer) and better goal tending, our chances to make and go further in the playoffs are better, IMHO of course.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
That's what I have been saying all year and I get flamed for it. Last night Kuemper did not stand on his head, let in a bad goal, and we get 1 instead of 2 pts. The game in LA, Raanta did not have to stand on his head, but he was by far our best player and we got 2 pts. We will only go as far as our goalies take us.
Oilers goalie played well last night, we had some great chances, all teams need good goal tending to win. Our team D has more to do with it then you give them credit for.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad