Post-Game Talk: GAME 25 - A NIFTY Shootout Win - BRUINS 2 Islanders 1 - F/SO

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
They kept in it the whole game vs a big fast team. Bruins did not fold as some thought they would. Rask was great, Krug had a good game logging minutes. Moore, Clifton, Lauzon and Grizz are playing great, Kamp was actually not bad tonight. Pasta and marchand look to be getting back into the flow.

In fairness to Cassidy in 3 on 3 there is not much on the bench to pick from that will score. I cannot imagine looking at the name plates and wondering, who the heck is going mesh with who and who are half these guys.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Do these guy know half the team is AHLers and rookies, wonder what goes through some ppls heads. Team is actually on a decent winning record in the last 10 games, Cassidy and Dean are pulling off miracles where Claude would have been crying in the press.

I don't really understand your gripe with what Ty tweeted out? I'm sure they know the team is dealing with injuries. He covers the team.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The offence is cold but i wouldnt change anything.

5 posts against the Leafs
3 posts tonight and plenty of chances.

The team is playing well. Deserved the win.

Would have loved to see Debrusk bury that feed from Cave. Or Heinen on the backhand.

Krejci is playing really well too and hit the post twice.

If the Bruins keep hitting posts at this rate all season they'll have to change their name to Boston Steelers;)

Reactions: BruinsBtn

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Do these guy know half the team is AHLers and rookies, wonder what goes through some ppls heads. Team is actually on a decent winning record in the last 10 games, Cassidy and Dean are pulling off miracles where Claude would have been crying in the press.
I`m more shocked they are only 4th worst

I had to leave after the 2nd to go out, did DK return after getting hit late in the 2nd?

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Goaltending is winning a ton of points for the team right now with all the injuries. Bruins tandem has been the best in the league.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in...I am too tired to say much but am very happy for the win.

Nice to see Nifty Night.

Poor Kevan Miller. Had a little chat and he sounded OK. I hope he heals fast. Nice to see all of the walking wounded.

Tuukka was excellent. He looks sad and too thin. I know he was always skinny but now he is even more. He needs to eat more.
Anyway I hope the win and #1 star cheered him up enough so he went over to the North end and had a BIG meal.

Good Night B's fans

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
So, another high hit on Krejci - was there a penalty called?
I mean, if it knocked teeth out, that's pretty much definitive proof that there was contact to the head, no?

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Boychuk bringing Krejci his tooth was all class. It also reminded me of an interview I saw last summer with Tyler Seguin. He said once a year, every player from the 2011 Cup Championship team participates in a conference call, even to this day.

There is a bond among the players on that team that will likely last their entire lives.

plodder

Jan 5, 2012
So, another high hit on Krejci - was there a penalty called?
I mean, if it knocked teeth out, that's pretty much definitive proof that there was contact to the head, no?
Opposing teams are getting gassed the bruins in my opion are one of best skating teams in the league especially on defense . The goaltending is stellar and that makes the opponents tired and sloppy . Bruins are pretty good with the extra man so typically the league will be stingy with calls. As an aside aren’t we lucky being bruins fans

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Just in...I am too tired to say much but am very happy for the win.

Nice to see Nifty Night.

Poor Kevan Miller. Had a little chat and he sounded OK. I hope he heals fast. Nice to see all of the walking wounded.

Tuukka was excellent. He looks sad and too thin. I know he was always skinny but now he is even more. He needs to eat more.
Anyway I hope the win and #1 star cheered him up enough so he went over to the North end and had a BIG meal.

Good Night B's fans

The way Rask is playing lately I would tell him to keep doing whatever he's been doing

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Great game. It's awesome to see Rask bouncing back so well. Playing great.

Donato...man, those youngsters know how to make life rough on a goalie. Great move and stuff.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Here is the video of the call in OT

Situation Room Initiated Challenge: NYI @ BOS - 1:13 of Overtime

At 1:13 of overtime in the Islanders/Bruins game, the Situation Room initiated a video review under the terms of a Coach's Challenge to review the "Interference on the Goalkeeper" decision that resulted in a "no goal" call.

After reviewing all available replays and consulting with the Referee, the Situation Room confirmed the "no goal" call because Anthony Beauvillier interfered with Tuukka Rask prior to the puck crossing the goal line. According to Rule 78.7, "The standard for overturning the call in the event of a "GOAL" call on the ice is that the NHL Situation Room (which shall include a former referee in the Officiating Department in the decision-making process), after reviewing any and all available replays and consulting with the Referee who made the original call, determines that the goal should have been disallowed due to "Interference on the Goalkeeper," as described in Rules 69.1, 69.3 and 69.4."

Therefore, the original call stands - no goal New York Islanders.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00