Post-Game Talk: GAME 25 - A NIFTY Shootout Win - BRUINS 2 Islanders 1 - F/SO

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They kept in it the whole game vs a big fast team. Bruins did not fold as some thought they would. Rask was great, Krug had a good game logging minutes. Moore, Clifton, Lauzon and Grizz are playing great, Kamp was actually not bad tonight. Pasta and marchand look to be getting back into the flow.

In fairness to Cassidy in 3 on 3 there is not much on the bench to pick from that will score. I cannot imagine looking at the name plates and wondering, who the heck is going mesh with who and who are half these guys.

I honestly thought that was Krugs worst game of the year. Maybe his worst game dating back to 2017. Tons of turnovers, terrible defensive sequence leading up to him scoring an own goal on tuukka.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
They are weathering the high seas right now - we can not ask any more of this team

upload_2018-11-30_5-25-59.png

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Opposing teams are getting gassed the bruins in my opion are one of best skating teams in the league especially on defense . The goaltending is stellar and that makes the opponents tired and sloppy . Bruins are pretty good with the extra man so typically the league will be stingy with calls. As an aside aren’t we lucky being bruins fans

It used to be the Bruins were too mean and slow to get PPs. Now it's because they're too small and quick. NHL cannot make up its mind.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
A lot of perimeter hockey last night by both teams. A few posts again last night. Some game soon those are going to go in. Both teams played a great game in their respective ends. Another 2 points without our best player, and our defense. I'll take that win with these injuries every day.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I hope the Bruin players at least wrote a strongly worded letter in response since they don't retaliate much anymore. I'll be shocked if the Bruins skill players make it through this year

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and Blowfish

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Boychuk bringing Krejci his tooth was all class. It also reminded me of an interview I saw last summer with Tyler Seguin. He said once a year, every player from the 2011 Cup Championship team participates in a conference call, even to this day.

There is a bond among the players on that team that will likely last their entire lives.

That those players keep in touch is very cool, IMO. Quite the opposite of the soap opera that is the 2008 Celtics. I cherish that Cup run to the hilt, and I'm glad they do too.

Reactions: sooshii

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I hope the Bruin players at least wrote a strongly worded letter in response since they don't retaliate much anymore. I'll be shocked if the Bruins skill players make it through this year

Nordstrom was going to fight, but Hickey wanted nothing to do with it and basically ignored him.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Last year on November 29th the B’s had a record of 11-8-4, 26 pts in 23 games.

This year on 11/29, they are 14-7-4 for 32 pts in 25 games, minus their top F and 3/4 of their best D for a good chunk of the season.

Do they need to be better? Absolutely. That said, they are generating points even with a very tough injury situation.

I feel like this is what happened last year for us too. We started slow(ish), got hit with a rash of injuries and guys started grinding out wins. Once we got healthy, is when we were running through the league. I hope the same happens this year, only with a better finish.

One thing that made me nervous was Krejci at the end of the period. If Krejci goes down this team is screwed because Cassidy has either no confidence in our other centers or they just don't have the skill level to be playing the role they are asked. I really would like to see Sweeney go out and find a C/W that can play top 6 till Bergy returns and then slide down the 3rd line (C or W) to help out.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Nordstrom was going to fight, but Hickey wanted nothing to do with it and basically ignored him.
I bet I saw Hickey 25 times in Manchester and he’s beyond soft. But he appears to be a very nice kid.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I bet I saw Hickey 25 times in Manchester and he’s beyond soft. But he appears to be a very nice kid.

Krejci has taken 3 brutal head shots in the last 40 games or so (Schenn, JT Miller and last night.)No need to ruin his life for this mess or whatever joke Im watching.

I expect this to be all ignored and the targeting to continue.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
So....

Looks like calling Donato up was actually a shrewd move, eh??

Eh?????

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So....

Eh?????
Not shrewd but necessary

I went to a Bruins season ticket function and a Providence Bruins employee there told me Donato is doing everything down there to get better never moped and the guys really like him

I went 2 Saturday ago and he played well and bagged first star

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Krejci has taken 3 brutal head shots in the last 40 games or so (Schenn, JT Miller and last night.)No need to ruin his life for this mess or whatever joke Im watching.

K Miller gets in JT Millers face on Krejci's behalf. Nordstrom gets in Hickeys face on Krejci's behalf. Both guys have gorilla glue attaching their hands to their gloves.

I get what you're saying but what else are they supposed to do there that's within today's rules?

Run the guy later in the game and get a big suspension? Force him to fight you and get a misconduct? Cause they aren't answering for these hits.. And the way the rules are they're well protected when they opt out of answering for them IMO.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Not shrewd but necessary

I went to a Bruins season ticket function and a Providence Bruins employee there told me Donato is doing everything down there to get better never moped and the guys really like him

I went 2 Saturday ago and he played well and bagged first star

I was mostly being stupid anyway. Glad he scored though, even if it doesn't officially count...

I was rooting for this kid to develop quickly. I still think he can definitely do it

Reactions: DKH

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

The Schenn hit was absolutely to the head and he should have gotten a game + for that IMO.

The Hickey hit last night was high, but it was body to body and it looked to me like he might have inadvertently got DK with his helmet on the follow through.

It didn’t get called and it shouldn’t have imo.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
The Schenn hit was absolutely to the head and he should have gotten a game + for that IMO.

The Hickey hit last night was high, but it was body to body and it looked to me like he might have inadvertently got DK with his helmet on the follow through.

It didn’t get called and it shouldn’t have imo.

Isn't that, oddly enough, the same shit that Schenn claimed for his hit? That his shoulder just happened to travel upwards through the play?

I just can't help but wonder if Marchand makes that hit, what happens. Or Backes at this point.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
You guys have to admit lauzon should stay in our top 6 when everyone is healthy but how? He just can't get sent down. No way he's just too good for the ahl and there is nothing he needs to learn from there . He is truly nhl ready.

If so.... DS must trade a D.and hope that other teams feel what DS offers has good value

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
So....

Eh?????
Donato started the night playing with Acciari and Nordstrom then was with Krejci and Debrusk in the 2nd . In the 3rd he played with Heinen and Acciari I believe . I hope he gets a chance to play with Krejci as I don’t think he will produce offensively playing with Nordstrom and Acciari.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->