Post-Game Talk: GAME 25 - A NIFTY Shootout Win - BRUINS 2 Islanders 1 - F/SO

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I think in the past you've shared the same frustration I have with a lot of the young forwards, in that they are pretty redundant in both positive and negative traits. Of course there are going to be distinctions, but in the end, JFK, Donato, Bjork, Heinen, are all pretty much the same guy. Small, not physical, skill guys and aside from Bjork, none seem particularly fast. I really wish they'd turn two of these guys --- or even one and pick or defense prospect into a legit 3C or 2RW with term.

While I like Sweeney as a GM overall, I worry that he gets too attached to some of the draftees.

I see DeBrusk and Heinen as must keeps. They should be here for a long time. Heinen can play up and down the lineup, is smart...JDB is an animal.

I see Frederic and Studnicka as long time Bruins as well. They have the game and attitude to succeed. Bjork and Donato to me are top 6 or no six at this point. Bjork imo will have a floor of a 4th line pk ace much like Paille. I hope he turns out better, no disrespect to Danny. JFK, I would deal at some point. He's too young to have compete issues IMO, but again, the flashes we've seen he's very cerebral and good set up guy. What I DON'T want to happen is for us to hold on to all these guys and have 3-4 of them Jordan Caron us and lose all value.

Reactions: lopey

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Rask had another solid outing and is carrying the team right now. I am proud of how this team is playing with the situation we are in right now. To be getting points right now is something that I would never think we'd be able to do with the injuries we have.

Good on ya Boys!

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Excellent game for Rask and a tip of the hat to him. He was elite once again.

Bruins fans are currently spoiled with the goaltending tandem.

Also, is it just me or have other teams started to really single out the few remaining Bruins players that can score and are hitting them hard (Krejci, DeBrusk and Pastrnak)?

It feels like we are a game away from losing another because it's easier for management to bring up prospects and let them try to swim while the sharks feast on our top players and pull them underwater. Add another top six scorer and they have other worries besides trying to bury those three.
I dombeleive they need size upfront. But where do we find them is the mystery....

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I see DeBrusk and Heinen as must keeps. They should be here for a long time. Heinen can play up and down the lineup, is smart...JDB is an animal.

I see Frederic and Studnicka as long time Bruins as well. They have the game and attitude to succeed. Bjork and Donato to me are top 6 or no six at this point. Bjork imo will have a floor of a 4th line pk ace much like Paille. I hope he turns out better, no disrespect to Danny. JFK, I would deal at some point. He's too young to have compete issues IMO, but again, the flashes we've seen he's very cerebral and good set up guy. What I DON'T want to happen is for us to hold on to all these guys and have 3-4 of them Jordan Caron us and lose all value.

With you on DeBrusk, not as high on Heinen, but that's probably more frustration with the fact that he's being used as 2nd liner, when he's probably a 3rd/4th liner on a contender, as well as the free ride he gets from a lot of people around here.

Agree entirely that there is a concern that 3/5ths or more of a group that they seem to be counting on heavily...will bust or greatly underachieve, based on projections/expectations.

I think as you mentioned, the biggest concern is the compete level of some of these guys....they all have skill, so they are going to make nice passes, rushes, shots, etc.....but can they do it consistently for longer than a few games and when the sledding gets tough are they going to fold or flourish?

It's early in their careers obviously, but even looking ahead with the most positive outlook possible, I don't seen JFK ever being what Krejci was at his best. I don't see Donato being a 30 goal guy, don't see Heinen being more than a 3rd liner. I may see Bjork being a good second liner at his peak, but if he doesn't get there...I don't see him being useful in a bottom 6 role.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I really couldn't have expected more from this group with Begeron, Chara, McAvoy, Carlo and Miller out. The effort is all that could be asked for and will pay dividends come playoff time.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Krecji lost a toothe but not a head shot :huh:.Old school rules I have no issue but today the way game is supposed to be called that was dirty.Bruins lucky he not gone with concussion.Bruins need to add some muscle up front without a doubt.Rask last nite got them 2 points.He stole them.

Reactions: hrdpuk and BMC

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bruins last 10 games 6 -2 - 2 , while missing so many starters. Forget the stats they are winning, we know they need scoring but can we be happy. As long as they are outscoring the other team and plus in goals. Team is pulling together and we are seeing the future core players. Krech has been very good and Marshy and Pasta are rounding into the leaders we needed them to be.

Forth line is better without Acciari, Krug may make a few risky plays but I will live with it if he is constantly skating it out and setting up guys. Nordstrom is not going win the scoring title but there is no quit in the him. He is setting guys up, not his fault they are shooting blanks. Grizz impresses me every game, love that kid.

The kids on dee have fit in perfectly. Rask has come back with his head screwed on right and been great. Halak and Moore were absolute steals this off season. Wait till we get everyone back but 6-2-2 is not treading water but a winning record. Now is not the time to trade, we are at the weakest we will ever be. Pretty impressed with what Cassidy and Dean have done this year.

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The one thing I noticed about Rask last night was he looked confident. Like we haven't seen in a long time. Like you just knew he was going to make the save, especially in the SO. He looked unbeatable and he was.

Reactions: Emerz

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
watching the Isles feed, Trotz told 4th line to hit everything in sight and he intimated . . .take some liberties . . .as Miller and Chara are out and Bruins have no one to answer the bell if needed.

Think we'll see more of that thinking going forward?

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
watching the Isles feed, Trotz told 4th line to hit everything in sight and he intimated . . .take some liberties . . .as Miller and Chara are out and Bruins have no one to answer the bell if needed.

Think we'll see more of that thinking going forward?

That's all the 4th line of the Islanders do. Martin-Czikas-Clutterbuck play that way every single night, not just against the Bruins.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Give the D corps and defensive play of forwards some credit, too. All those top defensive players out, Rask and Halak ”should” be bombarded with grade A scoring chances. Outside of OT (and a couple of minutes leading up to the goal), that hasn’t typically been the case.

Reactions: Bruinaura

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->