GDT: Game #25 - 12.02.14 - at Toronto - 6:30 PM - FS Southwest+ - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Pretty lame, atleast Leafs are higher in the standings and have more cups.

Can't make fun of a team when you're in the same position or in your case even worse.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Pretty lame, atleast Leafs are higher in the standings and have more cups.

Can't make fun of a team when you're in the same position or in your case even worse.

Hey the Stars may be pretty low down in the western conference standings right now, but I can't remember the last time we allowed 9 goals to Nashville.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I do believe the Leafs last Cup was the season before the Stars franchise's inaugural season!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Haven't the Stars technically been around since the last time we won a cup? I mean, the California Golden Seals (those ****ing jerseys, man :laugh:), Cleveland Barons, Minnesota North Stars, and Dallas Stars lineage goes up until 1967, doesn't it?

I was -21 the last time the Leafs won a Cup. Fun memories.

So you were the average of our winter temps :sarcasm:

Don't worry about him. Most of us found it pretty funny. There's always that one "won't somebody please think of the children" guy out there. At least can we agree on at least neither Star nor Leaf fans are Oiler fans?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
The Leafs fans are just waiting for when Seguin defects to Toronto as a free agent. They'll be rolling in cups with Stamkos Tavares and Seguin in a few years

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
Haven't the Stars technically been around since the last time we won a cup? I mean, the California Golden Seals (those ****ing jerseys, man :laugh:), Cleveland Barons, Minnesota North Stars, and Dallas Stars lineage goes up until 1967, doesn't it?

So you were the average of our winter temps :sarcasm:

Don't worry about him. Most of us found it pretty funny. There's always that one "won't somebody please think of the children" guy out there. At least can we agree on at least neither Star nor Leaf fans are Oiler fans?

:laugh: well put! And quite true.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson

Y'all won the 66-67 season. We were introduced in 67-68. :handclap:

Really though, game threads should be fun. No reason for any Leaf fan to get all huffy and puffy about anything. We suck, we know it.

At least can we agree on at least neither Star nor Leaf fans are Oiler fans?

Well put. :amazed::laugh:

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
And poor Benn will be all alone once again in Vancouver.

Don't worry about him. #1 center Tyler Bozak was his buddy in juniors and I'm sure he can be convinced to come to Vancouver after being bumped down to 4th line center.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I think Klingberg will have a bounce back game and have a good night... Well Its not like he had bad games I guess tho, it was more less the whole team having a rough couple games. I hope he puts up points tonight so the hype train gets going again.

Hocks95*

leafs fan here coming in peace. I thought this game day thread was pretty funny :laugh:

To be fair in the offseason at least we weren't hyped up to be GOAT this season. On nhl.com I called out the dallas hype because of a lack of centre depth and weak defense and said Nashville will be the better team but all I got was a lot of hate and bash and statements like "but Seguin Benn and Spezza" 10 times. Boy was I right :P

Good luck to both teams tonight regardless. Can't chirp you for your GDT when ours was literally "Ovechkin is a lazy russian" last game :laugh: I'm predicting a 10-9 game for someone tonight :laugh: #what'sAdefense right?

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
So I looked at the Leafs GDT and

D D.Phaneuf (29): 23gms, 1gls, 11pts, 49.4cf%, +1.2rel, 23:10 (82gms, 4gls, 39pts)
D A.Goligoski (29): 24gms, 1gls, 10pts, 49.9cf%, +1.9rel, 24:45 (82gms, 4gls, 34pts)

Goligoski is basically Phaneuf :laugh:

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
To be fair in the offseason at least we weren't hyped up to be GOAT this season. On nhl.com I called out the dallas hype because of a lack of centre depth and weak defense and said Nashville will be the better team but all I got was a lot of hate and bash and statements like "but Seguin Benn and Spezza" 10 times. Boy was I right :P

Leaf fans of all people should know the season isn't won or lost in November. :sarcasm:

Hocks95*

Leaf fans of all people should know the season isn't won or lost in November. :sarcasm:

haha of course which I why I never said we're a good team. I just simply feel like hype gets out of control sometimes and NHL analysts don't make much sense often. Any team with centre depth of just Seguin and Spezza and weak on the wings and Daley as their number one dman isn't going to contend in the west imo. Depth is more curcial than big names. Perhaps in the future which is why the hype didn't make sense to me. You guys still will be a force in the future though cause at least you have a couple real nice pieces.

Nashville though. Trust. Didn't mean to start a ****storm lol.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
haha of course which I why I never said we're a good team. I just simply feel like hype gets out of control sometimes and NHL analysts don't make much sense often. Any team with centre depth of just Seguin and Spezza and weak on the wings and Daley as their number one dman isn't going to contend in the west imo. Depth is more curcial than big names. Perhaps in the future which is why the hype didn't make sense to me. You guys still will be a force in the future though cause at least you have a couple real nice pieces.

Nashville though. Trust. Didn't mean to start a ****storm lol.

Just Seguin and Spezza? Two PPG centers is bad depth? Wut? Seguin-Spezza-Eakin-Fiddler is worlds better than the Leafs and one of the stronger points on the team. Center depth isn't a problem for this team whatsoever. Oh and Daley isn't our number one d-man.

Hocks95*

Just Seguin and Spezza? Two PPG centers is bad depth? Wut? Seguin-Spezza-Eakin-Fiddler is worlds better than the Leafs and one of the stronger points on the team. Center depth isn't a problem for this team whatsoever. Oh and Daley isn't our number one d-man.

you're in the west. You have it tougher. NHL.com overhyped Dallas like they are GOAT whereas everyone knows the leafs suck lol. All I am saying. Wings are still pretty thin and Spezza's defense is suspect for a C and defense is still pretty thin. I never said Leafs are a good team so I don't get your point lol.

I'm out before I get a silly infraction. No malice nice GDT made me laugh :)

Ralphy*

Just thought I'd add another Leafs voice saying I giggled reading your GDT. Don't worry about the silly people who get offended by banter, they're still in the insecure phase. :laugh:

Anyway, love the Stars new jerseys (although the 90s ones are some of my favourite jerseys ever, but those weird football ones needed to go), and obviously love watching Benn and Seguin play. I'm sure I'll hate seeing them play tonight though, but hopefully it's a good game!

Good luck guys! I really hope your team shores up its d and starts dominating the West!

P.S. I often troll my Sabres fan friends with pictures of Brett Hull :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad