GDT: GAME #24 - Vanny @ Minny - 5:00 p.m., SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

StringerBell

I don't recall seeing Alexander Edler as terrible as he has been the last few games. He looks awful out there. To be honest he looks like he is permanently hungover this season. Minute to minute I think he should be our 6th defenseman. He has of course the good offensive upside but his defensive game and even lately all his plays throughout the rink have been terrible. He was my favorite dman before this season but I really don't know about that anymore!

Garrisson too! He looks pretty bad out there a lot of the time.

It is true imo that Ballard and Tanev are our most consistent dmen out there right now. Alberts is Alberts and is filling in so I don't expect too much out of the guy other than to make sure catastrophes don't happen when he's out there.

Yikes, defensive coordination looks terrible right now! Am I being too harsh or what do others think??!

Too harsh on Garrison. Not harsh enough on Hamhuis.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Well, in hind sight, I would do 4.5 mil (or 4 mil?) for 10 years for Ehrhoff any day of the week.

If we had him, we wouldn't be talking about the plight of the Canucks, IMO.

Paying 18m in 2 years is not only his call but also Aquilini's.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Paying 18m in 2 years is not only his call but also Aquilini's.

Yeah, not a lot of people would want to give a guy who isn't even a top defenseman $18 million over two years.

Given the Sabres' recent results, I have no doubt Pegula has a buyer's remorse of the sort.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I hate say it but this team is rubbish without elite goaltending and no team that takes itself seriously as a contender should be that position. I wish I was a fly on the wall inside the nucks dressing room to see if there was anything going on that might explain their recent play (injuries, flu, etc).

Would Gillis have the balls/lack of character to move Edler before the NTC kicks in because I hate our defense atm. Can't think of what else we could do outside of Visnovsky, beside replacing the coaches and bringing in a system better suited to our current D.

Edit: and we score! still rubbish and the execution team wide is poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad