GDT: GAME #24 - Vanny @ Minny - 5:00 p.m., SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceCowboy

Feb 2, 2012
I think people are panicking way too much. With Bieksa out, Manny out (and needing a replacement), along with Kesler's continued struggling we really are only rolling with two effective 'scoring' lines. (Not suggesting others can't and shouldn't produce, but hypothetically with the Sedins and Kesler that should be two lines that produce.)

I don't think Gillis is going to abandon ship after two back to back President's Trophies with a shortened season and three important personalities out of the locker room. Complain all you want about Bieksa but the man can get the team motivated, especially with his last minute rallies. Kesler - despite his diving tendencies, is selfish and is hungry for a goal every shift. While Manny was a silent leader that clearly focused and settled a nervous defensive zone faceoff.

Would the fans after so many years of not even making the playoffs really want to blowup and throw it all away for one shortened season full of injuries? I don't think so.

Not to mention with the whole goalie situation we really have to wait for a perfect candidate for trade. Right now, regardless of what people are offering Gillis isn't going to take less for the goalies. I'm positive he'd rather drop a player like Booth to shed cap space and deal with upset goalies pissed at him than give away two great trade commodities.

And on the topic of Booth, it's clear that a few players just currently aren't gellin'. Whether it's coaching (Alain), the lines they are running, a slump, or just no confidence, Booth and Edler are currently not living up to the salaries. Booth is trying, clearly, but it's not going his way. While Edler is clearly making some errors. Whether that's the rotating door of D mates, or perhaps his unclear role in set plays I'm unsure.

Truthfully our most solid players that currently aren't our goalies are: Sedins, Higgs, Hamhuis, Tanev, Ballard (shock), and the Honey Badger. The rest of our players just currently aren't living up to the play they did last year, which I think partially is there change of roles. (Burrows now screening, Lappy taking over for Manny, Kassian trying to learn his role, and Garrison trying to find his linemate.)

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Edler - I used to say that Salo carried him defensively, of course after Sami signed in Tampa everybody said he was finished yet is +12 on a team that is negative a bunch incl. 3 d that are -10 or worse. That's a huge differential and shows how good Salo was...and how limited Edler is defensively.

Salo and Mitchell. What I wouldn't do for those 2 guys back and healthy.

YouCantYandleThis*

That was a seriously bad goal.

Wow. You can't let that in when we're one ****ing goal down in the third.

Goddamit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad