GDT: GAME #24 - Vanny @ Minny - 5:00 p.m., SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

StringerBell

Right, but what would you consider to be substantive commentary when the team is playing poorly? Honest question, because I don't find much substance in GDTs at the best of times.

Pointing out what is/isn't working (ie Schroeder on the point), who missed assignments on goals (Lapierre on the 1st one) etc.

I'm not really hoping for great substance in here. I'd just love to see the level of posts like "FIRE AV", "THIS TEAM SUCKS", "LET'S TANK FOR A HIGH DRAFT PICK", which are more or less spam, to be significantly attenuated.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
It always has until last month.

themoreyouknow.jpg

Crows*

Time for gillis to make a " bold move"

Only thing is.. If he is so set on the Detroit model.. There will be no bold move or coaching change.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Scoring chances 13-6 through 2. Just another offensive no-show for the Canucks.

Pseudonymous*

how far down do canucks have to go for gillis to be pressured into making a move you think?

with this shortened season, not sure how long they can keep this up for

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
So if this holds up we'll be 2nd in the division, 1 point away from being out of the playoffs and with Edmonton only 5 points down and potentially Colorado only 4 points behind.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
how far down do canucks have to go for gillis to be pressured into making a move you think?

The further down they go, the more reluctant he will be to make a trade. That's how stubbornness works.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
Seriously. When things like this happen, it really illuminates the degree to which this place is populated by the people that sit in the arena screaming "SHOOT! SHOOT! HIT SOMEONE! **** SHOOT!" all game long. There are folks that have good content and will actually make real statements that actually are worth reading, but when things are either going well or badly, a huge percentage of posts on this board are just horrifically bad.

Ban this poster! ;)

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Time for gillis to make a " bold move"

Only thing is.. If he is so set on the Detroit model.. There will be no bold move or coaching change.

He already went against the DET model by trading puck possession/rusher Ehrhoff and highly skilled Hodgson.

Steve Bennett*

I don't recall seeing Alexander Edler as terrible as he has been the last few games. He looks awful out there. To be honest he looks like he is permanently hungover this season. Minute to minute I think he should be our 6th defenseman. He has of course the good offensive upside but his defensive game and even lately all his plays throughout the rink have been terrible. He was my favorite dman before this season but I really don't know about that anymore!

Garrisson too! He looks pretty bad out there a lot of the time.

It is true imo that Ballard and Tanev are our most consistent dmen out there right now. Alberts is Alberts and is filling in so I don't expect too much out of the guy other than to make sure catastrophes don't happen when he's out there.

Yikes, defensive coordination looks terrible right now! Am I being too harsh or what do others think??!

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
On a completely unrelated topic due 2 this crap shoot, the new tomb raider game is pretty damn awesome. I suggest it.

Add Metal Gear Revengeance to that as well. Terrible story, terrible voice acting but AMAZING gameplay.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

IMO he dose not feel pressure, perhaps from above but I have no idea what that relationship is like, He makes a deal that makes us better when he can.

Tim McCracken

Good loser = LOSER!
Jan 4, 2010
Jail
They wouldn't. It's amusing to see guys like you try to disparage advanced stats without even understanding what you're talking about.

It's fine to look at those things, I do get that, but to be in denial where this team is at make no sense. I look at all the stats and the key stat right now is they have lost more than they've won and barring a 3rd period rally, will be chalking one more loss up.

If they were to miss the playoffs or lose in the first round, would you take any solace in any stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad